Would you have benched Martinez for a series?

No, because he's the best talent we have at the QB position, which is a QB who next year will likely move on to Arena Football or maybe the CFL and definitely is NOT NFL calibre. That's part of the problem.

*shrug*

My thoughts on Taylor are well-documented. I'm not sold on him being our best option at QB if he isn't going to use his mobility.

And the boom. Seriously

If were gonna call plays and operate like we did today, I'm serious, I'm not sure Taylor isnt down to 3rd, if not even 4th depending on Stanton's ability, on the depth chart. Really really disturbing, and that's not on Taylor whatsoever. Now if his running ability is hampered by some sort of injury as speculated, then why is he in the game. that's a needed dimension of his arsenal. We learned that lesson in 2010. His best skill neutralized before the snap? Aint gonna work.

Agree. TM looks hurt. Without his speed, he is not the best option at QB.

I agree as well.

Having Taylor drop back and asking him to make run/pass decisions and occasionally take off for a scramble is not making use of him as a running QB, in my opinion. Running the zone read 15 to 20 times a game is.

Do you really think he is a running QB anymore?

He is an atrocious running QB with a lot of speed. And now that seems to be gone as well. No reason for him to be under center any longer.

He is a fast runner, in a crease, with open field. He is not a "running QB" in the typical sense of a dual threat. He is not in the mold of a TF, Frost, Crouch etc.... He is a daylight runner.

For what ever reason he appears to playing, to date, in weighted shoes. Beck seems to have his abilities on lock with the play calling. If we do not use that straight line speed, why have him in?

Watching A&M, the money badger is a running QB. They are down by 21 and show no sign of quit. We do not have this mentality.

He is a fast runner, in a crease, with open field. He is not a "running QB" in the typical sense of a dual threat. He is not in the mold of a TF, Frost, Crouch etc.... He is a daylight runner.

For what ever reason he appears to playing, to date, in weighted shoes. Beck seems to have his abilities on lock with the play calling. If we do not use that straight line speed, why have him in?

Watching A&M, the money badger is a running QB. They are down by 21 and show no sign of quit. We do not have this mentality.

You mean 7 now.

I would not have benched Taylor.

I would have called a gameplan that was conducive to Taylor succeeding as a player.

This. The horizontal passing game that Texas fans loved so much under Greg Davis appears to have set up shop in Lincoln. On a positive note, Taylor would have had well over 300 yards passing if the stubborn NCAA would start counting east-west passing yardage.

• Fire 1
I would not have benched Taylor.

I would have called a gameplan that was conducive to Taylor succeeding as a player.

This. The horizontal passing game that Texas fans loved so much under Greg Davis appears to have set up shop in Lincoln. On a positive note, Taylor would have had well over 300 yards passing if the stubborn NCAA would start counting east-west passing yardage.

It was sickening

Taylor Martinez is the worst four year starter ever. Four years, and this is how he leads the team? Scared. Bad decisions. Jittery. It was just ugly. He panics. And there doesn't seem to be any cure for that. He isn't very smart. He continues to make bad decisions under pressure. The only good thing about today was he didn't turn the ball over. But other than that, 2-4 quarters were pretty awful. From his idiotic pitch with the guy in his face, we started losing. That was the turning point.

Yes, he has moments of brilliance... but his overwhelming lack of confidence and grace under pressure are a detriment. As my sister put it, I'd rather lose 6 more games this season and not have to see Martinez take another snap. Harsh? Sure, but it's how we feel.

It's time to bench Martinez and see exactly what we got in Armstrong. Right now Bo's judgement of who is good is questionable at best. If they aren't going to run the offense in what Martinez can do either they need to change the offense which they won't or find a qb who can run your system. I don't care if Martinez is a senior that is no excuse to keep starting him.

It's time to bench Martinez and see exactly what we got in Armstrong. Right now Bo's judgement of who is good is questionable at best. If they aren't going to run the offense in what Martinez can do either they need to change the offense which they won't or find a qb who can run your system. I don't care if Martinez is a senior that is no excuse to keep starting him.

if martinez is legitimately hurt, then it will be tme.

if martinez is legitimately hurt, then it will be tme.

hurt or not bo would be smart to see what he has in Armstrong this season. Doubt that happens cause Bo is too stubborn. For all we know Armstrong could run this offense better than Martinez but we won't know for sure.

Taylor Martinez is the worst four year starter ever. Four years, and this is how he leads the team? Scared. Bad decisions. Jittery. It was just ugly. He panics. And there doesn't seem to be any cure for that. He isn't very smart. He continues to make bad decisions under pressure. The only good thing about today was he didn't turn the ball over. But other than that, 2-4 quarters were pretty awful. From his idiotic pitch with the guy in his face, we started losing. That was the turning point.

Yes, he has moments of brilliance... but his overwhelming lack of confidence and grace under pressure are a detriment. As my sister put it, I'd rather lose 6 more games this season and not have to see Martinez take another snap. Harsh? Sure, but it's how we feel.

I. Love. You.

100% Correct.

T-Magic & Co. led 21-3 late in the half, but were not able to hang on in this loss to UCLA. He is kind of like former Clemson QB Charlie Whitehurst. Both Martinez and Whitehurst are pretty good quarterbacks that never could reach the level of the big stage while starting almost their entire careers at their respective schools. Whitehurst, though, had a positive ending to his 9-4 senior campaign by knocking off Tennessee in the Peach Bowl some 9, 10 seasons ago. Maybe Martinez can have a solid finish for NU. He faced a tough-nonconference opponent. Hopefully, the defense can improve. They are talented, and I was very impressed with them even though the box score won't reflect them as having a good performance versus UCLA.