Would you have benched Martinez for a series?

Although I don't think TM played well today ( he certainly wasn't the worst out there), I would never question his effort. I don't think he needs any hints or wakeup calls. It might not hurt at times to get him calmed down a bit, and I'm not sure a change of pace might not jumpstart our offense once in a while. But I really believe we have many other things to fix first.

I would have, just to calm him down. He was very jittery, overthrowing balls the first few drives. Just one series would have helped.
It didn't matter where he threw it his recievers didn't have hands the majority of the game.

First of all yes I would have. But like I said in another thread. Martinez makes the receivers work very hard to catch the ball on a very simple route. For whatever reason I think he looks worse this year than last year and I don't get it. I feel bad for Bell and Enunwa and the rest of the WR's.

• Fire 1

No, I wouldn't have. He didn't play great, don't let the stats fool you. But Beck just called an AWFUL game, and he needs to know that. The players can't execute when they're not getting a good game plan from the coordinator.

The thing is then, If Beck is going to want to play his game he needs a QB that can do it or Beck and the QB will never succeed.

Martinez is not the problem. He is fine.

He is hobbled somehow as his speed is not there. And he still is a fumble waiting to happen. But he is effort, grit and hard working. And he has many positive attributes. I do agree that he is not himself mobility wise. Hope he gets better.

Martinez' leadership is what I'm struggling with. Once our offense stalls, it's done. Our take charge leader on offense is Enunwa, but since he isn't the quarterback, it's not as helpful.
  • Fire 1

I would have, just to calm him down. He was very jittery, overthrowing balls the first few drives. Just one series would have helped.
It didn't matter where he threw it his recievers didn't have hands the majority of the game.

First of all yes I would have. But like I said in another thread. Martinez makes the receivers work very hard to catch the ball on a very simple route. For whatever reason I think he looks worse this year than last year and I don't get it. I feel bad for Bell and Enunwa and the rest of the WR's.

You could see this when Turner game TM grief for not leading him on a simple swing pass in the 2nd half.

Bell and Enunwa are off to outstanding seasons that will likely lead to NFL careers.

Their numbers would go down with Kellog or Armstrong playing.

Or if we hand the ball to Imani Cross more often, which some folks think would cure everything.

So, if we move to a pass first offense our receivers will catch less? Kellogg, I doubt you'd see a designed QB run, ever.

#ThatDoesntSeemRight

No, because he's the best talent we have at the QB position, which is a QB who next year will likely move on to Arena Football or maybe the CFL and definitely is NOT NFL calibre. That's part of the problem.

*shrug*

My thoughts on Taylor are well-documented. I'm not sold on him being our best option at QB if he isn't going to use his mobility.