Scott Frost

bleedNUred

Bo Pelini had zero head coaching experience, and while we aren't winning titles, you cant' say he has done a bad job.

Tom Osborne is another that had zero head coaching experience.

Darin Erstad as well, though he's completely changing the culture of B1G baseball.

Bill Callahan, on the other hand, did have head coaching experience. So did Lane Kiffin, Gene Chizik, Dan Hawkins and Charlie Weis.

If the experience is sooo important, you're picking your poison, because any proven head coach is going to be gone in another 5 years if he has great success, then we are back where we left off.

So did Steve Spurrier, Urban Meyer, Nick Saban, etc...

Bo Pelini had zero head coaching experience, and while we aren't winning titles, you cant' say he has done a bad job.

Tom Osborne is another that had zero head coaching experience.

Darin Erstad as well, though he's completely changing the culture of B1G baseball.

Bill Callahan, on the other hand, did have head coaching experience. So did Lane Kiffin, Gene Chizik, Dan Hawkins and Charlie Weis.

If the experience is sooo important, you're picking your poison, because any proven head coach is going to be gone in another 5 years if he has great success, then we are back where we left off.

So did Steve Spurrier, Urban Meyer, Nick Saban, etc...

Which proves my point. Experience or lack of experience does not equate to a guarantee of success.

I get the feeling a lot of fans are still angry at 18-year-old Frost for choosing Stanford.

No. Not that. but kinda at the fact that he came crawling back when it didnt work out just in time to be the star predecessor to Frazier. He did a tremendous job as a qb, and was an incredible competitor, but as a person, I always had some question marks on him. I attended a high school that competed against Wood River in everything. As a kid, I saw plenty of Scott and his dad Larry between football and basketball games over the course of 3 years. Two words defined them-excessive arrogance

Those last two words could not be more true!!! If we make changes fine. But if Scott Frost is absolutely an arrogant f#*k and doesn't reflect anything we stand for at Nebraska. He made demands that made Bo pull the offer to him go join our staff. There is a reason Tim Beck asked him for plays this off-season and Bo refuses to talk to him. I haven't read this whole thread, but put Scott Frost's resume on paper and tell me that outside of where he played CFB anyone here would hire him as HC. It's laughable

Ooooh...blah blah blah....says said guy...and the sad guy's friend that he knows....Boo hoo he didn't shake your hand or something? No one cares. No one hates him more than you. Get over it.

The "big name" HCs who have had a lot of success tend to be in a pretty good situation as a result of their success. The HCs with name recognition we may actually be able to get will probably be available because they didn't live up to expectations at their last gig or have a lot of baggage (I think Houston Nutt's name was mentioned in this thread). The first we probably can't get, the second we don't want.

If it eventually comes time to test the market, we're probably looking at a coordinator from a good program or an HC outside of the AQ conferences.

Every coaching hire is a crapshoot.

A guy that interests me that I haven't seen mentioned is Mike MacIntyre. He turned-around a horrid SJSU program and already has CU playing better ball.

There's somewhat strong talk of the 'Whorns being interested in MacIntyre if Muschamp isn't available--the thought process being that if he can have success with that steaming pile of excrement left in Boulder, imagine what he can do with a bought and paid-for Texass team that is loaded with 3, 4, and 5* talent.

So far he's beaten CSU and Central Arkansas. That's better than Embree probably would have done, but not a great sample size. I doubt TU would hire him just based on his success at San Jose State.

Why do you have to have HC experience to prove it? Just because the last 2 hires were obviously poor choices, don't think it is not an option. Callahan stunk as bad as it gets in his only coaching opportunity. His prior Husker road is well documented. Bo Pelini had no HC experience and fans wanted a fiery guy. Some wanted a figure head that was as piss angry emotionally on the sideline as they were at home. Well hey got a hot-head, self-entitled glamour DB coach instead, that has no offensive inclination other than seeing a speedy frosh QB ran through his secretive, precious defense on practice. So obviously he thought if this QB could do that to his defense he must be amazing. No way, no one runs up the belly on his watch. This dude must be a Heisman in a few years. Well la-dee-da. Here it is 5 1/4 years later. Defense is still the same bc it sucks. Talent on field is good. Super scheme sucks though. And we are still shaking our head at the QB position and defense. No change for the better. It's cray......but it's the truth................................Liquid Courage!!!!! Able to vent and rage - Cause Bo says it's okay just look the other way :)

• Fire 1

Not all, but there is an obvious bunch of Bo Pelini defenders that are one of the following: 1- Never excelled in sports 2- Need an alter-ego tough guy figure head that is opposite of what they are in order to save face and appear strong 3 - Will fight criticism unless it comes from them only.

• Fire 1

Why do you have to have HC experience to prove it? Just because the last 2 hires were obviously poor choices, don't think it is not an option. Callahan stunk as bad as it gets in his only coaching opportunity. His prior Husker road is well documented. Bo Pelini had no HC experience and fans wanted a fiery guy. Some wanted a figure head that was as piss angry emotionally on the sideline as they were at home. Well hey got a hot-head, self-entitled glamour DB coach instead, that has no offensive inclination other than seeing a speedy frosh QB ran through his secretive, precious defense on practice. So obviously he thought if this QB could do that to his defense he must be amazing. No way, no one runs up the belly on his watch. This dude must be a Heisman in a few years. Well la-dee-da. Here it is 5 1/4 years later. Defense is still the same bc it sucks. Talent on field is good. Super scheme sucks though. And we are still shaking our head at the QB position and defense. No change for the better. It's cray......but it's the truth................................Liquid Courage!!!!! Able to vent and rage - Cause Bo says it's okay just look the other way :)

You don't neccesarily need HC experience, but you need to at least be a proven coordinator.

One thing that Scott Frost does not have on his resume. If you think him being a WR coach for a couple years and an o-coordinator for 3 games makes him qualified then let me say I am damn glad you aren't AD of any college.

I get the feeling a lot of fans are still angry at 18-year-old Frost for choosing Stanford.

No. Not that. but kinda at the fact that he came crawling back when it didnt work out just in time to be the star predecessor to Frazier. He did a tremendous job as a qb, and was an incredible competitor, but as a person, I always had some question marks on him. I attended a high school that competed against Wood River in everything. As a kid, I saw plenty of Scott and his dad Larry between football and basketball games over the course of 3 years. Two words defined them-excessive arrogance

Those last two words could not be more true!!! If we make changes fine. But if Scott Frost is absolutely an arrogant f#*k and doesn't reflect anything we stand for at Nebraska. He made demands that made Bo pull the offer to him go join our staff. There is a reason Tim Beck asked him for plays this off-season and Bo refuses to talk to him. I haven't read this whole thread, but put Scott Frost's resume on paper and tell me that outside of where he played CFB anyone here would hire him as HC. It's laughable

Ooooh...blah blah blah....says said guy...and the sad guy's friend that he knows....Boo hoo he didn't shake your hand or something? No one cares. No one hates him more than you. Get over it.

Im sorry, but the bolded part there....is basically correct. Hiring a guy at a high profile position like NU who has ~ 5 years of coaching experience at various position spots, and 3 games of offensive coordinator experience runnign the exact same thing that his previous coaches perfected is completely laughable. The only reason we are having this conversation is becuase he won a national title at NU as a QB in the 90s. If this was any other guy with the exact same credentials then you would be laughing as well.

Im sorry, but the bolded part there....is basically correct. Hiring a guy at a high profile position like NU who has ~ 5 years of coaching experience at various position spots, and 3 games of offensive coordinator experience runnign the exact same thing that his previous coaches perfected is completely laughable. The only reason we are having this conversation is becuase he won a national title at NU as a QB in the 90s. If this was any other guy with the exact same credentials then you would be laughing as well.

Why doesn't the fact that he's from here get to be included?

That's a poor argument. "Take out where he played and we wouldn't hire him." Well.....yeah, that's because you'd be removing one of his strengths from his resume. It's important that we have a coach that wants to be here and understands what it's like here.

And Scott has been coaching for a decade now. Just for the record.

Why doesn't the fact that he's from here get to be included?

That's a poor argument. "Take out where he played and we wouldn't hire him." Well.....yeah, that's because you'd be removing one of his strengths from his resume. It's important that we have a coach that wants to be here and understands what it's like here.

And Scott has been coaching for a decade now. Just for the record.

He has been a paid coach since 2007. I dont count the year he spent at Nebraska(2002) or the year he spent at KSU(2006) as he was a grad assistant so 2007-2013 = 6 years. Not quite a decade there Landlord.

Also, I removed the fact that he is from here becuase just becuase he played here does not mean he will make a good coach.

I do not have anything against Scott Frost, I just don't see the appeal of hiring an unproven COACH. Wait he was co-d coordinator at Northern Iowa in 2008. That must qualify him to be a Defensive coordinator at Nebraska right?

The whole argument is asinine. The ONLY reason he is even remotely near this imaginary conversation is becuase he won a National title here as a player. That does not mean jack squat to me in terms of coaching. All sorts of people complained about the BP hire becuase he had no HEAD COACHING experience and now people want a guy that hasn't even proven himself as a coordinator. Thats just completely absurd.

• Fire 1