Tommy Armstrong should start against SDSU or...

Oh, shut up with your, I live in Oregon but have connections to the team BS. I don't care. Your so naive to the fact that the game and it's faults at the end lie with the coaches. If you think Taylor, a prolific runner and great zone read guy, would magically just stop doing those things, you, my friend, are the deeply misinformed one. It's a playcall issue, and an issue where Beck is trying to make the team Kansas 07 when we're not.

Why don't you go tweet some more recruits and try to go through the recruiting process vicariously through them some more, since that is apparently the only thing you are good at. Get off your high horse. You know nothing about me or who I am or what I stand for. If you don't care, why does it matter? It clearly does bother you, as you've taken it to a personal level now. Which I am more than glad to destroy you and your weak bullsh#t in the woodshed. I will live either way, but if you got something you want to get off your chest, start something up in the shed, I'll gladly partake in verbally destroying your bullsh#t piece by piece. You're a knucklehead.

I've said playcalling is an issue, but so is Taylor changing plays from a run to a pass, or using the zone read and ALWAYS going for the built in pass option. I said Beck needs to be fired OR Taylor needs to be benched. Taylor is HOLDING US BACK IN HIS CURRENT STATE. You think Beck, a smart man, is dumb enough to tell him to NOT RUN? Thats like telling Johnny Manziel to stand in the pocket and pass. It simply isn't true.

What is the bolded part, a friggen line from Romeo and Juliet? If you or anyone for that matter thinks that Martinez isn't good enough to be our starter, then there's nothing medicine or anything of the like can do for you. We agree Beck should be fired, but not why. I think it's his incompetence and you think it's cause he plays Martinez. Ultimately, just like he said in the presser, he didn't put Cross in because they weren't placed right? That's a losers mentality. An Offense should always try and be the team dictating and forcing the D to change their ways. Beck gets complacent, gets in ruts, doesn't put his team in a place to win, he just attempts to put them in a place to not lose.

And by all means, try and 'get at me' in the shed, you haven't gotten me, I could just care less for impudence.

Martinez should start and only play 1 quarter. I love Martinez, but if the kid is not healthy he shouldn't need to play against South Dakota State. It's unnesesarry. It gives Armstrong much needed experience and Martinez time to get right. Not only that, but maybe it will light a fire under Taylor's ass. TO did it with Frazier and Berringer in the 90's. We're playing South Dakota Shhhtate and what better time. But that's just me.

Before I begin, let me state this is all based on Taylor Martinez being seriously banged up. I define seriously as "noticeably effecting his ability to perform". If he is injured, but can play without risking further injury then let Taylor start the game and go the first series. Then, making it public prior to the game, insert Tommy Armstrong per a plan for the second series. He stays and plays if things go OK. If Tommy starts to fail, run in RKIII.

Again...this has nothing to do with whether or not Taylor is "the man". He is what he is, and that is a four year starting QB at Nebraska. If it is injury related, there is a big upside to testing TA in a real game. He is our future, why not give him some live reps now.

At the end of the day, as much as I may take shots at the coaches, players and such. I'm glad I'm not on the field or on the sidelines in any capacity. I'm a fan, nothing more.

It will never happen. Bo will continue to send the wrong message by finding his guy and sticking with him literally with any backup not seeing any time whatsoever. This is Bo Pelini we're talking about here. Nothing is going to change.

Truth be told the only guy I'd like to see is Ron Kellogg. From what I've seen of Tommy Armstrong I really haven't been impressed with. I'll be honest I'm not as stoked as many are about Johnny Stanton either.

Martinez should start and only play 1 quarter. I love Martinez, but if the kid is not healthy he shouldn't need to play against South Dakota State. It's unnesesarry. It gives Armstrong much needed experience and Martinez time to get right. Not only that, but maybe it will light a fire under Taylor's ass. TO did it with Frazier and Berringer in the 90's. We're playing South Dakota Shhhtate and what better time. But that's just me.

Before I begin, let me state this is all based on Taylor Martinez being seriously banged up. I define seriously as "noticeably effecting his ability to perform". If he is injured, but can play without risking further injury then let Taylor start the game and go the first series. Then, making it public prior to the game, insert Tommy Armstrong per a plan for the second series. He stays and plays if things go OK. If Tommy starts to fail, run in RKIII.

Again...this has nothing to do with whether or not Taylor is "the man". He is what he is, and that is a four year starting QB at Nebraska. If it is injury related, there is a big upside to testing TA in a real game. He is our future, why not give him some live reps now.

At the end of the day, as much as I may take shots at the coaches, players and such. I'm glad I'm not on the field or on the sidelines in any capacity. I'm a fan, nothing more.

I like your input. I'm just looking at all the circumstances. Taylor being a little banged up, playing SDSU, Armstrong with limited action. If this were any other game I probably wouldn't bring it up, since I do like Martinez and will stand by him. But with the reasons of above, I think this is about as good a time as any to see what Armstrong is made of. Play Taylor for a series even a quarter if he's fine health wise, but lets see what else we have on this team. The lighting a fire under Taylors ass is just to icing really. Maybe he'll look at each game differently if he's not out there making plays.