Tommy Armstrong should start against SDSU or...

Bo doesn't have the stones to do it. He'll never create drama on the team. That's part of the issue.

The QB battle is as much as a battle as Bo makes it. If X really is playing better than Taylor in practice, do you really think practice is going to give X more reps than Taylor? Nope, because that will create a rift in the system. I can't count how many times Taylor has proven to be completely ineffective - see my numerous posts about us not winning anything of significance with Taylor at the helm - against better competition. His inability to throw the ball coupled with his inability to now run the ball, puts us in a pretty sh**ty situation. Love it or hate it, I'm not so sure Beck wouldn't have put in a new QB at this juncture as Beck thinks Taylor is limited in the plays he can run in comparison to other QBs on the roster.

When was the last time Taylor was a running threat? Don't give me the injury crap, that is very recent. I'll wait.

When was the last time we ran a screen? Any deep route combinations that take time to develop?

Have you ever trusted Taylor throwing into tight spaces? Have you ever trusted him to win a game with his arm for us, picking apart a defense with his throws?

When was the last time you watched Taylor in the pocket and knew he wasn't going to make some boneheaded throw and just loft it up there? For me, every time he goes back there it is a guessing game as to what he may do. Lose 10 yards trying to avoid a sack instead of throwing it away? Making an errant throw and getting intercepted? Fumbling?

The sad reality is this. Taylor is no longer a viable QB for Nebraska. The other team plays pattycake waiting for Taylor to throw. They hardly even try to pressure him and force him to throw, because they don't thiink he can beat them with his arm. How many coaches or players have we heard say this?

I have a lot more beef with our offense than defense right now, as our offense was supposed to be our crutch this season. They are proving to be worse than our defense, and that is pathetic.

I believe in Bo, with the caveat that something is done about Taylor. We are too limited with him.

I completely disagree, with all of your points and your foundation. If anyone really believes Armstrong/Stanton/Kellogg would lead us to more wins this year than Martinez, that person is out of their mind. Taylor is not perfect, but a person has to take all of his good attributes (which far outweigh his bad attributes) for granted to believe he's "ineffective." And Taylor had one of his worst games yesterday? Give me a break, he had three touchdowns with no interceptions. I know he was not doing well in the second half, but that has more to do with Beck's play-calling than Martinez.

Then answer the questions, if you disagree.

When was the last time he was a running threat? Not this season, at least.

When did we throw a screen?

Do you think Taylor can pick apart a defense with his arm?

Do you trust Taylor to pick apart a defense with his arm?

You do realize, UCLA, Wisconsin, Georgia, South Carolina, Wyoming, etc. have all said that they just want Taylor to throw into coverage, because he sucks at it.

Beck's play calling isn't/wasn't great, but Beck has also told Bo he doesn't think Martinez is the best option at that position. His playbook is limited with Taylor, because Taylor can't make the necessary reads and doesn't have the ability to throw the ball like Beck's playbook would ask of him. Furthermore, Taylor's biggest asset is his running ability. He is completely ineffective

if he doesn't use his wheels, as that is his strength. Not his throwing ability. You, my friend, are out of your mind if you think Taylor, in his current form (not running the ball), is going to win us more games than Ron Kellogg would if he was allowed to throw the ball all over the place. The sad fact is, with Taylor NOT RUNNING and trying to become a "pocket passer", he HURTS this team because he is probably the THIRD best POCKET PASSER on this team. If we want a pocket passer back there, put Kellogg in, not Taylor. Taylor is eliminating himself. If he is willing to run, this is a less of a conversation, but up to this point he has not looked even remotely the same as he has before. Luckily for him, Bo is LOYAL TO A FAULT. As of now, Ron Kellogg would be a better fit, if we want to just pass the ball, because he can actually run all of the passing plays and Armstrong is the best "dual" threat QB, since Taylor seemingly is eliminating that part of his game.

We also do run the zone read, but it also has been cutback a little because Taylor makes awful reads, frequently, in the zone read. Taylor also has been throwing it more out of the zone read as we have a pass option built into it also.

I think Kellogg should start and see where the game takes us. Not sure if Armstrong is ready yet or if we want him to be ready for this offensive style.

Does it matter if Armstrong is ready or not? Based on Saturday's performance, an unready player would fit into this game plan very seamlessly.

Bo doesn't have the stones to do it. He'll never create drama on the team. That's part of the issue.

The QB battle is as much as a battle as Bo makes it. If X really is playing better than Taylor in practice, do you really think practice is going to give X more reps than Taylor? Nope, because that will create a rift in the system. I can't count how many times Taylor has proven to be completely ineffective - see my numerous posts about us not winning anything of significance with Taylor at the helm - against better competition. His inability to throw the ball coupled with his inability to now run the ball, puts us in a pretty sh**ty situation. Love it or hate it, I'm not so sure Beck wouldn't have put in a new QB at this juncture as Beck thinks Taylor is limited in the plays he can run in comparison to other QBs on the roster.

When was the last time Taylor was a running threat? Don't give me the injury crap, that is very recent. I'll wait.

When was the last time we ran a screen? Any deep route combinations that take time to develop?

Have you ever trusted Taylor throwing into tight spaces? Have you ever trusted him to win a game with his arm for us, picking apart a defense with his throws?

When was the last time you watched Taylor in the pocket and knew he wasn't going to make some boneheaded throw and just loft it up there? For me, every time he goes back there it is a guessing game as to what he may do. Lose 10 yards trying to avoid a sack instead of throwing it away? Making an errant throw and getting intercepted? Fumbling?

The sad reality is this. Taylor is no longer a viable QB for Nebraska. The other team plays pattycake waiting for Taylor to throw. They hardly even try to pressure him and force him to throw, because they don't thiink he can beat them with his arm. How many coaches or players have we heard say this?

I have a lot more beef with our offense than defense right now, as our offense was supposed to be our crutch this season. They are proving to be worse than our defense, and that is pathetic.

I believe in Bo, with the caveat that something is done about Taylor. We are too limited with him.

I completely disagree, with all of your points and your foundation. If anyone really believes Armstrong/Stanton/Kellogg would lead us to more wins this year than Martinez, that person is out of their mind. Taylor is not perfect, but a person has to take all of his good attributes (which far outweigh his bad attributes) for granted to believe he's "ineffective." And Taylor had one of his worst games yesterday? Give me a break, he had three touchdowns with no interceptions. I know he was not doing well in the second half, but that has more to do with Beck's play-calling than Martinez.

You do realize, UCLA, Wisconsin, Georgia, South Carolina, Wyoming, etc. have all said that they just want Taylor to throw into coverage, because he sucks at it.

Beck's play calling isn't/wasn't great, but Beck has also told Bo he doesn't think Martinez is the best option at that position. His playbook is limited with Taylor, because Taylor can't make the necessary reads and doesn't have the ability to throw the ball like Beck's playbook would ask of him. Furthermore, Taylor's biggest asset is his running ability. He is completely ineffective

if he doesn't use his wheels, as that is his strength. Not his throwing ability. You, my friend, are out of your mind if you think Taylor, in his current form (not running the ball), is going to win us more games than Ron Kellogg would if he was allowed to throw the ball all over the place. The sad fact is, with Taylor NOT RUNNING and trying to become a "pocket passer", he HURTS this team because he is probably the THIRD best POCKET PASSER on this team. If we want a pocket passer back there, put Kellogg in, not Taylor. Taylor is eliminating himself. If he is willing to run, this is a less of a conversation, but up to this point he has not looked even remotely the same as he has before. Luckily for him, Bo is LOYAL TO A FAULT. As of now, Ron Kellogg would be a better fit, if we want to just pass the ball, because he can actually run all of the passing plays and Armstrong is the best "dual" threat QB, since Taylor seemingly is eliminating that part of his game.

We also do run the zone read, but it also has been cutback a little because Taylor makes awful reads, frequently, in the zone read. Taylor also has been throwing it more out of the zone read as we have a pass option built into it also.

Ok, buddy, when the hell did Beck tell Bo that Taylor wan't the best option at qb?

Basically a reiteration of what I said, or was trying to say. Nicely said King.

That should answer all of your questions. It will also be Bo's undoing as a HC.

I thought Martinez had one of his worst games as a Husker. I think someone else should have at the very least, a shot to make Martinez understand he has to perform each and every time out.

Ummmmm what? He had no turnovers, and three touchdowns how does that even qualify as a bad game? Taylor did what he had to do to win this game. You can blame Beck for what I believe was his worst games as a playcaller. You can't be scared to run the ball even if they have guys close to the line, you have big ol Imani Cross in that backfield looking to power through some Bruin defenders.

Now I agree with the OP, if Taylor is wearing a boot he is clearly hurt. Let him rest his injury, and let RKIII or Tommy start the game. They don't need to be special we have plenty of other playmakers on this team.

• Fire 2

Ok, buddy, when the hell did Beck tell Bo that Taylor wan't the best option at qb?

Watson pointed this out as well.

I thought Martinez had one of his worst games as a Husker. I think someone else should have at the very least, a shot to make Martinez understand he has to perform each and every time out.

20/34 with 3td's no picks= worst outing ever? The offense as a whole was anemic yesterday, not just him. I know for a fact Beck is trying to make him a pure pocket qb and limiting runs and scrambles. The zone read is gone when it has been one of our most effective plays, and that's on Beck. We did nothing but bubble screens and streaks in the second half so that's playcalling again not Taylor. And when Beck won't TRY out Cross to break the hold the D had on Abdullah? It all starts at the top... Yeah Taylor could have went hogwild running but if that's not what you're told to do, what do you do?

So much bad information in this post. Beck doesn't determine running back, Ron Brown does, typically. He relays that to Beck.

Taylor has never been told not to run. Never, ever. Taylor won't go hogwild running because he is trying to do more than he is capable of.

Taylor audibles to those streak plays, a lot. Not all of those were called. As a matter of fact, he audibles OUT of the zone read to those plays because Taylor prefers to throw the ball.

You also are incorrect on Beck wanting to make Taylor a pocket passer "for a fact". Beck knows he isn't one and thats why we hardly take any deep shots. Beck doesn't trust Taylor.

The zone read hasn't been completely eliminated, Taylor just ends up taking the passing option built in more than he should. He also makes very poor reads frequently. He always has.

Now, don't get me wrong, I have issues with Beck not being more hardline with Bo and saying that Taylor isn't getting the job done and he certainly has made very poor play calls outside of Taylor, but Taylor isn't scott free either.

An offense takes the identity of its quarterback and Beck is at fault for keeping this QB in.

Taylor has the arm to throw deep and we should be able to establish our multiple running game (QB, RB, RB, RB, RB, RB) to keep those safeties close and let Bell, et. al. run in single coverage. If Taylor's going to make a mistake throwing deep, then it's a long punt, and it's not the end of the world. There's no reason to not trust him because the risks are minimal, and the payoffs extraordinary.

Beck's got to let him loose because we cannot win without having that deep ball available to us. It should be everything about what we do on offense.

Prior to the season and it has been rehashed since then. Beck has also had conversations with Taylor about what his strengths are and are not.

I can't provide you with links for everything as some of my information I get from conversations that are not public. Taylor isn't, and never will be, Beck's favorite option at QB.

Ummmmm what? He had no turnovers, and three touchdowns how does that even qualify as a bad game? Taylor did what he had to do to win this game. You can blame Beck for what I believe was his worst games as a playcaller. You can't be scared to run the ball even if they have guys close to the line, you have big ol Imani Cross in that backfield looking to power through some Bruin defenders.

Now I agree with the OP, if Taylor is wearing a boot he is clearly hurt. Let him rest his injury, and let RKIII or Tommy start the game. They don't need to be special we have plenty of other playmakers on this team.

He had a bad game. To sit here and say Taylor played well just because you saw some numbers is just not telling the whole story. You state how well taylor played then you say we should have run the ball more in the bect sentence. I'd say that's pretty telling.

When was the last time he was a running threat? Not this season, at least. I don't agree. He isn't running for huge yardage, but he's still being a running threat in the fact that he's extending pass plays with his legs very well (many of our biggest plays this year have been off his scrambles, remember Jake Long's catch against Wyoming?).

When did we throw a screen? I don't see your agenda behind this question, but we throw short passes a lot, and though most aren't technically screens, Bell and Turner get a lot of screen-like passes. What's your point?

Do you think Taylor can pick apart a defense with his arm? Yes, wholeheartedly. He just went 3TD-0int yesterday and is 9-1 on the season, after all. In depth though, he goes through his reads very well now as a senior, he has more than adequate short yardage accuracy, and is one of the best at extending the play with his feet.

Do you trust Taylor to pick apart a defense with his arm? Look at the above question and answer.

You do realize, UCLA, Wisconsin, Georgia, South Carolina, Wyoming, etc. have all said that they just want Taylor to throw into coverage, because he sucks at it. And he played extremely well versus UCLA, Wisconsin (regular season 2012), and Georgia. He didn't play bad versus Wyoming or South Carolina either. It's not his fault our team as a whole just wasn't as good as these opponents.

I really think you and others are extremely overreacting after a loss. Calm down and remember that Martinez is far and away one of our best players.

Prior to the season and it has been rehashed since then. Beck has also had conversations with Taylor about what his strengths are and are not.

I can't provide you with links for everything as some of my information I get from conversations that are not public. Taylor isn't, and never will be, Beck's favorite option at QB.

So much like Martinez was not Wats, now he is not Becks. I ASSume Martinez plays because of Bo?