Deadspin just dropped a bomb - "fu fans"

Saunders

This is a disgrace to the University, the football program and its fan base. Bo needs fired and fired now. No questions. Bob, Tom and many others have worked too dam hard to put the university, football program in the place it is. If the current administration looks the other way in this matter it will have ruined everything the fore mentioned have done to put Nebraska where it is.

So . . . Let me get this straight. And my mind is still spinning a bit, too after this day and the UCLA game.

Some of you clowns would run Bo out of town on a rail after doing and thinking exactly what Tom Osborne did

in circa 1979? When he nearly left for Colorado because of fan and media pressure? Remember?

Tom did not use the F-word, but for Tom, DADGUMMIT was the same thing. A rarely said word that meant EXACTLY the same. And I am sure it was on his mind often in those days.

There are BIG shoes to fill, going back a long damn time. The only coach who never came close was Bill C.

Bo has to win the big games, no doubt. But he has won all the rest, and SOME of the big games. We have wins against Wisconsin and Ohio State in the last couple years. And inexplicable losses to them and others.

Tom took a long, long time to start winning the big ones. So long we almost ran him outta here.

You wanna risk the same with Bo, especially knowing how things are now? Texas A&M got real hot, all of a sudden, but there is no guarantee that continues. I think it is unlikely. But they are STILL paying the salaries of AT LEAST three coaches.

We gave Tom time.

Let's give Bo time.

Unless someone has a sure-fire bet we can hire right freaking now. Anyone got one?

At the end of the year we are likely contending with Texas and USC for a head coach and entire staff, should Bo be gone. That does not sound like a recipe for success.

I suggest we give Bo a little more time. Two years at least. My preference would be five.

Put pressure on to get a DC that is free to do his job, and an OC that has free reign, and we are probably going to be okay. NO WAY IN HELL can we fire a coach with Bo's record and expect any good candidates to consider coming to Lincoln. Won't happen.

Unless we want to sign a deal like Iowa has with Kirk Ferentz. I do not want to see that, and I doubt you do either.

Let's rally around our team, our coaches, and see what happens in the coming years.

We expect great things, I agree. But the risks are too high. Want to end up on a permanent coaching change? We are about to do so if we replace Bo. We just did the same thing with Frank and then with Bill, which brought us Bo.

We risk losing all credibility with coaches if this continues.

• Fire 1

What a shame. For me and those that live outside of Nebraska, that root and support the Huskers nationwide, man this is not good. It's extremely difficult to stand up for him and his words when people are mocking and laughing at us and our Coach. It's hard to defend this. Either get in a fist fight or just take it on the chin while others laugh. Dammit Bo.

Sorry I live outside the Husker nationwide, and I have not problems with this. after being on this bbs for some time, he's correct. we do have some f'ing retarded fans.

So . . . Let me get this straight. And my mind is still spinning a bit, too after this day and the UCLA game.

Some of you clowns would run Bo out of town on a rail after doing and thinking exactly what Tom Osborne did

in circa 1979? When he nearly left for Colorado because of fan and media pressure? Remember?

Tom did not use the F-word, but for Tom, DADGUMMIT was the same thing. A rarely said word that meant EXACTLY the same. And I am sure it was on his mind often in those days.

There are BIG shoes to fill, going back a long damn time. The only coach who never came close was Bill C.

Bo has to win the big games, no doubt. But he has won all the rest, and SOME of the big games. We have wins against Wisconsin and Ohio State in the last couple years. And inexplicable losses to them and others.

Tom took a long, long time to start winning the big ones. So long we almost ran him outta here.

You wanna risk the same with Bo, especially knowing how things are now? Texas A&M got real hot, all of a sudden, but there is no guarantee that continues. I think it is unlikely. But they are STILL paying the salaries of AT LEAST three coaches.

We gave Tom time.

Let's give Bo time.

Unless someone has a sure-fire bet we can hire right freaking now. Anyone got one?

At the end of the year we are likely contending with Texas and USC for a head coach and entire staff, should Bo be gone. That does not sound like a recipe for success.

I suggest we give Bo a little more time. Two years at least. My preference would be five.

Put pressure on to get a DC that is free to do his job, and an OC that has free reign, and we are probably going to be okay. NO WAY IN HELL can we fire a coach with Bo's record and expect any good candidates to consider coming to Lincoln. Won't happen.

Unless we want to sign a deal like Iowa has with Kirk Ferentz. I do not want to see that, and I doubt you do either.

Let's rally around our team, our coaches, and see what happens in the coming years.

We expect great things, I agree. But the risks are too high. Want to end up on a permanent coaching change? We are about to do so if we replace Bo. We just did the same thing with Frank and then with Bill, which brought us Bo.

That's a good summary of HB after each loss

This is a disgrace to the University, the football program and its fan base. Bo needs fired and fired now. No questions. Bob, Tom and many others have worked too dam hard to put the university, football program in the place it is. If the current administration looks the other way in this matter it will have ruined everything the fore mentioned have done to put Nebraska where it is.

HA

We gave Tom time.

Let's give Bo time.

This started two weeks ago.

We gave Tom time.

Let's give Bo time.

This is the most insightful and thought out post I've seen in 17 pages. Excellent.

What does it matter if it was last night or 2 years ago, he still said it. If any of us pulled the same stunt we'd be fired on the spot. Even without the trashing of College Football's greatest fans, he's still a horrible coach. i can't believe he made it back on campus after the Big 10 Championship last year. I found that performance to be more offensive than that fool cursing his fan base. Forgive him or not, he's done. It's kind of like getting caught cheating. Your wife may forgive you, but she will never forget and it will never be the same as it was before.

If this would have come out in 2005 and it had been Callahan saying it.......EVERYONE would have called for his head and rightly so........why is BO any different than Calley? Both demean the fanbase and the state.......but Calley had a bounty on him and for some BO was right in his thoughts? LOL

TO never had any of these embarrasing moments escape on tape......neither did Solich for that matter..........imagine that.

Bo is a cocky coach from the background that the Stoops come from........when it works for them everything is great.....but is the going gets tough it's always SOMEONE elses issue

Ive moved on already

• Fire 1

We gave Tom time.

Let's give Bo time.

This started two weeks ago.

Nah....this seems like the norm after each loss IMO. Fans want to see Bo on a one way trip out of town come Monday. By Tuesday we're comparing him to Osborne. By Wednesday fans begin to rationalize things by saying he needs time, his players, etc. By Thursday fans are starting to show support for Bo. On Friday, fans are fired up about the game, happy Bo is here and ready to see the Huskers dominate on Saturday. Saturday comes and we're all in Bo's corner again. Then if we lose, on Sunday we start all over again. But if we win, Bo is the best damn coach and we're all excited about the next season