Deadspin just dropped a bomb - "fu fans"

Saunders

It doesn't matter wh

I find it interesting that about the same time Bo claims we ". . .don't need [Tommie Frazier]," this comes out.

Might be a former player unhappy about that comment (among other things). I'm with knapp; doubt it's the media. Maybe we'll never know.

I said something about this earlier. I think he pissed off one Tommie's loyalist.

If the Tommie/Bo kerfluffle is why this tape was released today that makes it even more absurd. That was a non-story destined to die off in less than 48 hours.

You have this tape, you hold it for just the right moment the last couple of years, and you release it... today? Then you, person who released this, are an idiot.

Maybe he is, but he's getting exactly what he wants.

We'll see. I'm sensing a turning of the tide already. Bo has much to answer for, but I don't think this person's intent was to see Bo called on the carpet. This person wanted blood, and I doubt they're going to get it - not today, not from this stunt.

Exactly. Look, I want Bo to be successful just as much as any other "true" fan but now is the time for results. Also, the person that recorded it and leaked it now is a total scumbag. Obviously it's a person that is gutless who can't even come forward. Had this happened on Saturday, I don't think there would be an issue if said person came forward but since it was such a long time ago, they're just trying to stir things up by getting the fan base riled up. I hope the person who did this realizes they are a piece of dog turd and will never be anything but that.

I won't mind if Bo is fired because he doesn't coach fundemantals like tackling, or that he doesn't make adjustments, or that he won't make staff changes that we obviously need. What I don't want to see is Bo going down over comments made in private 2 years ago. That seems petty, and doesn't do anyone any good.

I would like the source of the recording to step forward.

Screw Bo for wanting to leave us 2 years ago. Screw him for the work he put in to temper down his sideline demeanor. We should have already had our new coach 2 years ago. Finally screw Bo for getting pissed off because fans started leaving the Ohio State game early in 2011.

:sarcasm

I'm sure players were upset about fans leaving the game early.

Jermarcus Hardrick@Yoshi_Hardrick2m

Bo Pelini is the best man for the Husker job. I promise he prepares like no other & coaches beyond football, sets you up for life

Jermarcus Hardrick@Yoshi_Hardrick3m

Because of you @BoPelini . I switch schools on signing day, was committed to LSU for 2 years. Things changed after my meeting with you

This is what should mean the most. When these players know Bo a lot more than we do. Hardrick didn't even get that good of playing time when he was a high profile guy. And he did not hesitate to say good things about Bo. Like i've heard before, every single college coach has said something or another that never gets to the public. Unfortunately some ass hat tipped off deadspin. I'd be pissed too at all of the f&%ktards who leave the game early. Hell you can go back and see me bitching in the woodshed about the people who left with 7 minutes left in the Wyoming game. We sure do like to have the best of both worlds here. We may be the greatest fans as far as gestures toward opponents go. But damn we don't hesitate to rip this program to shreds if it doesn't go our way, myself included.

Coming from the guy who earlier in the thread said we should boycott the games from now on...make up your mind already dude

• Fire 1

Jermarcus Hardrick@Yoshi_Hardrick2m

Bo Pelini is the best man for the Husker job. I promise he prepares like no other & coaches beyond football, sets you up for life

Jermarcus Hardrick@Yoshi_Hardrick3m

Because of you @BoPelini . I switch schools on signing day, was committed to LSU for 2 years. Things changed after my meeting with you

This is what should mean the most. When these players know Bo a lot more than we do. Hardrick didn't even get that good of playing time when he was a high profile guy. And he did not hesitate to say good things about Bo. Like i've heard before, every single college coach has said something or another that never gets to the public. Unfortunately some ass hat tipped off deadspin. I'd be pissed too at all of the f&%ktards who leave the game early. Hell you can go back and see me bitching in the woodshed about the people who left with 7 minutes left in the Wyoming game. We sure do like to have the best of both worlds here. We may be the greatest fans as far as gestures toward opponents go. But damn we don't hesitate to rip this program to shreds if it doesn't go our way, myself included.

All of his players love him. You say they know him better and that's probably true. But that is Bo's fault. All we get to see is the prick that gives short answers to the media and says "what do you think? you were there, why don't you tell me" instead of being a grown up that makes $3 MILLION a year and answer the question. I'm no Omaha media homer that thinks they do no wrong (personally I can't stand Dirk), but the guy needs to show us something that's likeable if he wants to be liked.

I think he did this year, 4 times I can think of: cell phone prank, harlem shuffle, jack hoffman td run and his admitting TODAY that he is pushing the fun out of the game for the boys... 2 years ago means little for what is currently happening.

I think he did this year, 4 times I can think of: cell phone prank, harlem shuffle, jack hoffman td run and his admitting TODAY that he is pushing the fun out of the game for the boys... 2 years ago means little for what is currently happening.

Can't have fun when you're being taken to the woodshed. He's just running out of excuses for another poor performance overall.

• Fire 1

Screw Bo for wanting to leave us 2 years ago. Screw him for the work he put in to temper down his sideline demeanor. We should have already had our new coach 2 years ago.

:sarcasm

Sarcasm is angers ugly cousin.

I know, I couldn't help myself.

DeJon Gomes@D_Gomes24 3m

@BoPelini taught me so much In football & in life. I wouldnt trade my college staff for anyone. He has all his guys back 100%, all the time

ronny k@rkellogg3 4m

I hope people are done talking about bo he is the greatest coach in the country-loves his team and we love him back you all need to relax✋✌

Jon Bruning@JonBruning 51m

Husker Nation don't be so quick to judge @BoPelini. Which of us hasn't said something we regret? We're all human-especially me (ask my wife)

Jared Crick@JrodVCrick 1h

Truth RT @NdamukongSuh: This Man and His Defensive staff showed me how to work/study football to reach my potential http://po.st/tbMRE4

I'm curious if Perlman and Eichorst are still thinking things through. I mean, the way I see it nothing good can come of this. It could end up being a cancer for the players and the way the offense has been below average so far with all the experience it has and the youth on defense... this could be Bo's first season we don't win 9 games. So I'm all for Bo scrapping ideas now and mixing things up on both sides of the ball now rather than later. He learned last year he didn't burn red shirts when he probably should have.

I'll be shocked if Bo doesn't part ways with NU after this season. It's purely speculation but I'd guess the wheels will be in motion very soon if not already. Eichorst and Pelini will call it a mutual break up. He ends up as a DC at USC under whoever replaces Kiffin.

He's been looking at other schools already and I think this is the straw that breaks the camels back.