Deadspin just dropped a bomb - "fu fans"

Saunders

No, to this point, someone prepared a statement that was attributed to Pelini.

Point taken. I thought Pelini said it himself. If not, he needs to do so.

Then if anyone wants to step up and accept that apology, that too is up to them. However, if one doesn't, then it becomes baggage THEY carry through life.

Best thing Bo could do would be to sit down in front of a camera and speak openly and honestly to the fans. Apologize off the cuff, show sincerity, and tell them he's going to work hard to show that statement was then, and he's changed now.

And then back that up with clear evidence of change over the next several months.

I can see him doing this, but me? I dont need him too. I have a brain and perspective. I understand that this was two years ago and can obviously see that he's changed a sh#t-ton for the better since then. This would be a much more serious situation if it had been released at that time, but think that beins now, a lot of folks are like "what the f?" I would just like to see the AD put some energy into trying to bust the dirty bastard that released it, though I know that probably that won't happen. I just think a lot of folks are forgetting when this happened and the stressful chain of events surrounding that time.

I was mad at Bo at first yesterday afternoon. I'm not anymore. I'm just not. I just cant be. This whole thing is just silly. Nothing more, nothing less.

Best thing Bo could do would be to sit down in front of a camera and speak openly and honestly to the fans. Apologize off the cuff, show sincerity, and tell them he's going to work hard to show that statement was then, and he's changed now.

And then back that up with clear evidence of change over the next several months.

I can see him doing this, but me? I dont need him too. I have a brain and perspective. I understand that this was two years ago and can obviously see that he's changed a sh#t-ton for the better since then. This would be a much more serious situation if it had been released at that time, but think that beins now, a lot of folks are like "what the f?" I would just like to see the AD put some energy into trying to bust the dirty bastard that released it, though I know that probably that won't happen. I just think a lot of folks are forgetting when this happened and the stressful chain of events surrounding that time.

I was mad at Bo at first yesterday afternoon. I'm not anymore. I'm just not. I just cant be. This whole thing is just silly. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm not mad at Bo, you can't be mad at someone for confirming what you already knew about them. He's a hothead who hates the media and dislikes the fans on a good day. He's made comments for years about the fans and he confirmed it with this statement. Do I think he should be fired for this? No, I don't think it is a firing offense.

Now, do I think he's sorry or has changed? No, I really don't.

• Fire 1

I disagree with Bo, we need Tommie Frasier in all capacities.

I disagree. Tommie has an issue with publicity. He's made a fool out of himself at alumni functions before and was asked to calm it down by Tom.

What does Tommie even do with his life? I follow him on Twitter, and I've been tempted to unfollow him multiple times because all he does is retweet peoples' tweets about how he was the greatest player ever. Can't say I'm a fan of that type of person....

• Fire 1

I disagree with Bo, we need Tommie Frasier in all capacities.

I disagree. Tommie has an issue with publicity. He's made a fool out of himself at alumni functions before and was asked to calm it down by Tom.

What does Tommie even do with his life? I follow him on Twitter, and I've been tempted to unfollow him multiple times because all he does is retweet peoples' tweets about how he was the greatest player ever. Can't say I'm a fan of that type of person....

Tommie acts the way he does, because we, as fans gave him that entitlement.

Tommie acts the way he does, because we, as fans gave him that entitlement.

The hell we did. What does that even mean?

Let's just say we did give him that entitlement - however you define or describe that. We gave that same entitlement to Rex Burkhead, to Scott Frost, to Eric Crouch, to Jason Peter, to Grant Wistrom, to Lawrence Phillips.

Some of these guys turned out pretty OK. Some... not so much.

So doesn't that tell you that it's not the fans doing something to these players, but how the players individually react to the fame and the fish bowl?

• Fire 1

Perhaps this has already been mentioned as I didn't read the entire thread, but I don't care about him saying f#*@ you fans. I would have been pissed off too. That's not the story, however. The story should be when he said, "They can all kiss my a#$ on my way out the door and we'll see what they do when I'm gone. Because the day is coming...." That tells me he isn't interested in Nebraska being a long term coaching job and he wants to leave. Well, he can't get a better job so he's still here.

It's time to help him with his goal of getting out of here. This is the turning point for me, learning that he doesn't want to be here.

I'm pretty sure AD SE is putting energy into who leaked this. This was a direct attack on Bo and really the program as a whole. The recording was taped on a mic worn by a university/athletic office employee and then was most likely uploaded to a computer in the athletic office. The person who released this tape had access to that computer which means the person who released the tape is likely sitting in North Stadium right now. Or at the very least the person who gave the tape to the "leaker" is sitting in North Stadium right now.

This ordeal is shameful for all involved:

For this piece of sh*t who timely released this because he/she has an axe to grind!

For the University from multiple fronts.

For Bo, (not because of what he said, but his ignorance in saying it in front of people outside of his circle).

For the fans, because some of us obviously can't see that he is human, and God knows none of us have ever vented about our jobs or circumstance that irritated us to this point.

(Remember, fans were booing him and the players off the field at half time of the Ohio State game so him being so animated about protecting his kids probably boiled over and had something to do with him venting).

So where do we stand with this?

For those of you who want Bo gone, do you really want to start over?

I get it that some people (including me) are not happy with results like the UCLA game but that issue is completely separate from this tape release and needs to be treated as such otherwise we are no better than the scoundrel that waited in the weeds for a time where the most impact could be seen. If we had beaten UCLA do you honestly think this tape would have been released when it was? HELL NO!

I think Husker fans better be careful what we wish for because the fallout can set us back another decade and I am not sure with the fan base we have, that this program can withstand such a lengthy conversion!

"And here is what you should know, Nebraska fans: This is your coach. This is Pelini. A tirade like this is not out of character for the 45-year-old Ohio native.

Pelini has regularly accosted local media members in such fashion over coverage with which he disagreed. I got the phone call once when I worked for Omaha World-Herald, covering his first three seasons in Lincoln -- and many others heard the same tone and language evident in that ugly audio"

-Mitch Sherman-http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten

I don't rightly know who Mitch Sherman is. I'm not sure if I have ever even read one of his postings besides this one. I will say, however, that if the above quote is true I have deep personal issue with it. Using a proverbial bully pulpit to limit one's ability to openly discuss circumstances at hand (for better or worse) is morally unethical. Being emotionally charged and offended while speaking out in the confines of your own privacy, with individuals you trust, in order to vent, is perfectly OK in my book. However, taking on an aggressor's role to personally make "the phone call" to ANYBODY (media member or otherwise) to flame and bully them, with "the same tone and language evident in that ugly video", into a silent submission, or even to pressure them in the slightest bit is a fire-able offense: a ban-able offense. Mr. Sherman eludes to a can of worms being opened with the release of this audio tape. He hinted at the fact that there was really nothing any of the targets of these bullish tactics could do about it, and that Pelini was doing it "to blow off steam." That, to me, is the single most disappointing and enraging sentiment I've heard about this whole Fire Pelini fiasco. There is no proof from Sherman about "the phone call" in the article, but if proof was ever to surface about this type of devilish behavior I certainly would support a significant coaching ban on him. This is so disappointing, because I've always believed that Pelini was a good person at heart, a good coach, and a great role model for the players in Lincoln. He has had some outbreaks during games. I know it looks bad, but when I played the game I'd get emotional too. I never did or said anything to my teammates or coaches (or anybody for that matter) that could even be slightly construed as bullish. Hot headed? You bet, but not bullish. Bullying is intolerable. I cannot stand, tolerate, accept or turn a blind eye to bullying of any kind. I really hope Pelini has not made a mark of doing this to people, and that his reputation has not been built upon this kind of stuff behind closed doors.

-Praying for the entire Pelini family, including Bo.

Yeah, even if you don't think he should be fired, some of the stories coming out about him and media are ridiculous. It's one thing to have tension between local media and head coach, but when the coach starts using his power to berate media members and try to control them, it's too far. I hated when Urban Meyer did something similar at Florida... I can't have a double standard with Bo.

Now we learn he launched into a tirade at Barfknecht in a jewelery store, while he was likely buying a Christmas present for his wife? How can you be the highest paid Nebraska state employee in history and behave in that way?