Deadspin just dropped a bomb - "fu fans"

Saunders

I really do wonder if any of the people here on this board who want Pelini fired for this could share with us their plan for a replacement. Because, if you think you are owed something in this program you also must give as well. People in general don't use their head kind of like the dumbass who thought it would be a great idea to take down Pelini and now has taken down the University as well. Like I have said if Pelinis job performance by the end of the season suggests we need to part ways then so be it, but if we do it now we will not recover from it.

1) I don't think Bo would have any problem finding a BCS head coaching job. Comparing him to Petrino is ridiculous.

2) Is your argument so weak that you feel the need to augment his salary 25 percent?

At a bottom dweller Big East team maybe

2.875 million with a potential for 1 million in bonuses. Getting to the B1G championship gets him pretty close to 3.5. - and that was 2012 Salary.

Close is only good in horseshoes and hand grenades. It's OK, I know you were wrong on both counts.

Was curious since you called me out...

For 2013...knowing we probably aren't going to go to conference championship or a BCS bowl.

Base: 2.975 million +

Cash payments for 2 automobiles (he ain't driving a Ford Focus...so figure around 15k)

Country club Membership (he ain't swingin sticks the local 9 hole farm course...so figure around 10k)

16 hours of a private jet (light-jet is around 1500/hour, plus other costs, so figure around 25k)

Ties for division title (assuming Michigan doesn't get it outright and hold tiebreaker over us which is pretty common theory still...100k)

Bowl Game...150k

Graduation rate (i think we've hit this every year since our APR improved by 6 points last year)...25k

APR of 972...25k

TOTAL: 3,325,000

If we make the conference championship game, add 100k, if we win it, add 250k. If we make a BCS Bowl, add 100k, make the NC game add 200k, win the NC add 500k.

This of course isn't his "Total Compensation" package which is likely huge, including insurance, annuities and other investments that help offset his taxable income, speaking engagements, etc since I don't know the details behind all of that. Basically, it's a crap ton of money.

http://dataomaha.com...evised-contract

Perhaps this has already been mentioned as I didn't read the entire thread, but I don't care about him saying f#*@ you fans. I would have been pissed off too. That's not the story, however. The story should be when he said, "They can all kiss my a#$ on my way out the door and we'll see what they do when I'm gone. Because the day is coming...." That tells me he isn't interested in Nebraska being a long term coaching job and he wants to leave. Well, he can't get a better job so he's still here.

It's time to help him with his goal of getting out of here. This is the turning point for me, learning that he doesn't want to be here.

It has been mentioned.....just about two or three pages back. TO had a serious look at going to Colorado in the late 70's.

I bet most people wold be shocked at how many coaches have an f the fans mentality. Especially when its all about that team 24/7/365 (nu football kansas basketball, ) and I ask how many people said f you Bo after a game or wanted to put up for sale signs. Are you really any better?

If this was the only thing Bo had going against him, it would be brushed under the rug. I'm surprised no one's mentioned it (i read all 19 pages this morning so maybe I missed it), but I don't see this as much different than Gundy's media rant defending a player 4 or 5 years back. The "I'm a man" thing. It was public, it was direct at the media (technically just an extension of the fans), and it made cast the university in a somewhat negative light. I'd say this is a little worse, but not by much. The difference is Gundy was leading a program in the right direction, Pelini is leading this program in the wrong direction. Can that be changed? Not my decision to make. I think at this point though we are far, far away from where we ended 2009. That's over 3 seasons of a declining team. It's not really something that can be denied anymore.

Gundy might be leading his team in the right direction. Or he might not be.

1) I don't think Bo would have any problem finding a BCS head coaching job. Comparing him to Petrino is ridiculous.

2) Is your argument so weak that you feel the need to augment his salary 25 percent?

At a bottom dweller Big East team maybe

2.875 million with a potential for 1 million in bonuses. Getting to the B1G championship gets him pretty close to 3.5. - and that was 2012 Salary.

Close is only good in horseshoes and hand grenades. It's OK, I know you were wrong on both counts.

Was curious since you called me out...

For 2013...knowing we probably aren't going to go to conference championship or a BCS bowl.

Base: 2.975 million +

Cash payments for 2 automobiles (he ain't driving a Ford Focus...so figure around 15k)

Country club Membership (he ain't swingin sticks the local 9 hole farm course...so figure around 10k)

16 hours of a private jet (light-jet is around 1500/hour, plus other costs, so figure around 25k)

Ties for division title (assuming Michigan doesn't get it outright and hold tiebreaker over us which is pretty common theory still...100k)

Bowl Game...150k

Graduation rate (i think we've hit this every year since our APR improved by 6 points last year)...25k

APR of 972...25k

TOTAL: 3,325,000

If we make the conference championship game, add 100k, if we win it, add 250k. If we make a BCS Bowl, add 100k, make the NC game add 200k, win the NC add 500k.

This of course isn't his "Total Compensation" package which is likely huge, including insurance, annuities and other investments that help offset his taxable income, speaking engagements, etc since I don't know the details behind all of that. Basically, it's a crap ton of money.

http://dataomaha.com...evised-contract

But you weren't exactly right with the amount, so all your points are invalid.

I bet most people wold be shocked at how many coaches have an f the fans mentality. Especially when its all about that team 24/7/365 (nu football kansas basketball, ) and I ask how many people said f you Bo after a game or wanted to put up for sale signs. Are you really any better?

If this was the only thing Bo had going against him, it would be brushed under the rug. I'm surprised no one's mentioned it (i read all 19 pages this morning so maybe I missed it), but I don't see this as much different than Gundy's media rant defending a player 4 or 5 years back. The "I'm a man" thing. It was public, it was direct at the media (technically just an extension of the fans), and it made cast the university in a somewhat negative light. I'd say this is a little worse, but not by much. The difference is Gundy was leading a program in the right direction, Pelini is leading this program in the wrong direction. Can that be changed? Not my decision to make. I think at this point though we are far, far away from where we ended 2009. That's over 3 seasons of a declining team. It's not really something that can be denied anymore.

Gundy might be leading his team in the right direction. Or he might not be.

yes, things have changed for him in the last couple of weeks :)

How We Acquired That Bo Pelini Audio Recording

About 35 minutes after we published Pelini's rant, we heard from a different source who asked us not to disclose his name. This second source—who made it clear he is not the same person as our original source—told us he had learned a recording of Pelini's rant may have been out there back on Oct. 10, 2011—just two days after it was recorded. The second source said he first heard about it from someone who had talked to someone "within NRG media." About a year ago, our second source said, he was given a redacted transcript of what Pelini said on the the recording, which he shared with us:

Click the link above to see the transcripts. I'm not posting them here because they don't have the f-words censored