Deadspin just dropped a bomb - "fu fans"

Saunders

Perhaps this has already been mentioned as I didn't read the entire thread, but I don't care about him saying f#*@ you fans. I would have been pissed off too. That's not the story, however. The story should be when he said, "They can all kiss my a#$ on my way out the door and we'll see what they do when I'm gone. Because the day is coming...." That tells me he isn't interested in Nebraska being a long term coaching job and he wants to leave. Well, he can't get a better job so he's still here.

It's time to help him with his goal of getting out of here. This is the turning point for me, learning that he doesn't want to be here.

It has been mentioned.....just about two or three pages back. TO had a serious look at going to Colorado in the late 70's.

Just because TO did or didn't do something doesn't make it right or wrong. And the fact that TO is treated as a God is not because he was a nice guy, but because he brought home national championships. Being a nice guy was instrumental in helping to get him the 20+ years he needed to do it. Pelini has had neither success nor a pleasant disposition so he is not likely to get the same treatment.

Pelini is a d-bag; to the players, the fans, the media. If he's winning, I guess that's tolerable, but he's not, or at least not enough. If you're going to lose to every BCS opponent you've ever played and you're the coach of Nebraska, you'd better be a much nicer guy than TO ever was.

I was never a big fan of Al Davis, but I think he said it well when he said, "Just win baby!" Winning cures everything. Time for the cure or the disease is going to be the end of Pelini.

To: Dom Cosentino

Subject: Re: "Secret" Bo Pelini audio

Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Hey Dom,

This audio has actually been kept confidential for a long time, especially considering how immediate everything is in todays world. You are correct in that this was the audio right before the post-game interview on the Husker sports network. This audio is actually from after the Ohio St. game in 2011. Nebraska came back to win the game 34-27 after being down 27-6 at one point. Evidently this is how Pelini's attitude is after a big win? Also of note, you probably already realize this but he takes a hell of a shot at Tom Shatel. Tom writes for the World-Herald and has for a hell of a long time. He is the most influential sports writer in this sports crazy state. I don't know who the lady is....probably just a behind the scenes worker like a producer or something like that? Let me know if you have any other questions. Release this audio whenever you would like however there is no time like the present in my opinion. You'll get the most traction right now after Pelini's remarks about Frazier today and the fan base reeling after yet ANOTHER embarrasment on national TV last Saturday.

I feel like this is a given but I hope I can trust you with myself being anonymous throughout this?

Thanks

lulz!!1!!1!11!!1!!1!!!11111!!!!!1!!!!!!!!1!!111!!!!

also, love that the person wants to remain anonymous. why would anyone want to protect either the content or their identity in a private conversation?

• Fire 2

Wouldn't it be someone who was at NRG media. Perhaps not there any longer? NRG was the owner of the audio because it was done while they are preparing for the post game interview. Or else someone from NRG gave it to the person who sent it to deadspin.

LIkely who recorded it. But who knows where it went from there. Was this audio sitting on some shared drive at NRG and someone stumbled across it? Lot can happen in 2 years w/ a 2.5 minute audio clip.

How We Acquired That Bo Pelini Audio Recording

About 35 minutes after we published Pelini's rant, we heard from a different source who asked us not to disclose his name. This second source—who made it clear he is not the same person as our original source—told us he had learned a recording of Pelini's rant may have been out there back on Oct. 10, 2011—just two days after it was recorded. The second source said he first heard about it from someone who had talked to someone "within NRG media." About a year ago, our second source said, he was given a redacted transcript of what Pelini said on the the recording, which he shared with us:

Click the link above to see the transcripts. I'm not posting them here because they don't have the f-words censored

Deadspin referred to Sipple as a "hacky journalist". Did anyone else laugh out loud at this?

• Fire 1

Wouldn't it be someone who was at NRG media. Perhaps not there any longer? NRG was the owner of the audio because it was done while they are preparing for the post game interview. Or else someone from NRG gave it to the person who sent it to deadspin.

LIkely who recorded it. But who knows where it went from there. Was this audio sitting on some shared drive at NRG and someone stumbled across it? Lot can happen in 2 years w/ a 2.5 minute audio clip.

Agree. I'd wager a bet Bo knows who was responsible for the recording but the question is, who released it. Was it the same person or did they pawn it off to someone else

Whomever released the recording is an inside rat trying to implode this program. There was NEVER a good time for this to be released to the public. What Bo did was wrong but should've been taking care of in house behind closed doors. You don't have to like Bo or have his back...our players do and that's what matters. Life's too short to worry about yesterday let alone 2 years ago. Maybe his views have changed...A lot has changed since Oct. 8th 2011. One thing that has not changed is our players respect, loyalty and support for their head coach. When Nebraska starts winning again this will all disappear like a fart in the wind. ~ Pro Bo

Yes, I was off about 3.7%...so i've invalidated every opinion I've ever had Might as well leave the board.

Uhmm, can you leave your avatar?...I mean, she really didn't do anything wrong...

used to be bouncing boobs. they got banned. this thread needs about 100 bouncing boob gifs to cheer everyone up.

I was just wondering when the gif bombing would begin on this thread....

Whomever released the recording is an inside rat trying to implode this program. There was NEVER a good time for this to be released to the public. What Bo did was wrong but should've been taking care of in house behind closed doors. You don't have to like Bo or have his back...our players do and that's what matters. Life's too short to worry about yesterday let alone 2 years ago. Maybe his views have changed...A lot has changed since Oct. 8th 2011. One thing that has not changed is our players respect, loyalty and support for their head coach. When Nebraska starts winning again this will all disappear like a fart in the wind. ~ Pro Bo

If only we could be so confident...recent history makes that pretty tough though. Nothing any of us are going to do will make a bit of difference though...

Call him a coward for sending anonymously, but he would have to be an absolute moron to attach his name to it. He would be like the Husker Steve Bartman.

As far as having an agenda, yes. He clearly did. Having an agenda is not bad in itself. Everyone has an agenda. He clearly is a Husker fan and was pissed about another bad loss and the Frazier thing. That's clear from the Deadspin emails. So he wants Pelini fired because he thinks it will ultimately better the football program. You may disagree, but it seems pretty clear that he was not some Kansas State fan trying to bring down the Husker empire or something.

As far as him being a scumbag or whatever, I don't see it. Had he made up false info or somehow edited the footage to say something that wasn't really said, that would be a scumbag. Releasing actual information at the time you think it will have the most impact, that's just marketing. You know who else operates like that? Every media outlet in this country.

Personally I'm glad to have the full info and know how Pelini feels (or at least felt). I can't stand all the press conference coachspeak nonsense.

If you disagree with the guy's agenda, fine. But I don't get this hardcore demonizing.

• Fire 2