Deadspin just dropped a bomb - "fu fans"

Saunders

I haven't seen this posted yet but here's today's post practice presser from Bo:

http://sports.omaha....ng-this-weekend

I was kinda expecting a more concerted response from Bo than either the morning's teleconference (http://rivals.yahoo....-Sept17-1118905, via Landlord) or this. Seems they're trying to play this off as not a very big deal, which might work, but Pelini has a lot of work to do to make up ground with the fans and that'll require, IMO, a bigger effort.

It's possible that theyre just "playing it off" until the Administration makes a decision on what to do about it. You know, whether or not some sort of punishment will be handed down, or, who knows, they find out who actually did leak it if it's possible theyre close enough to that point. Then they could investigate further into the motives and be able to make a more educated decision. Whether Bo goes or stays, it HAS to be the right decision, that's for sure. I bet when a decision is made, then Bo will make some sort of statement.

He didn't have it for two years guys. But Mr. A does not appear to be in a mindset to be reasoned with.

As for the quotes today. Yes, he said he had been pursued but had not pursued anyone. Two national CFB journalists (Bruce Feldman of CBS and Teddy Greenstein of The Chicago Tribune) both say they have good sources that deny that claim. Apparently Pelini pursued Arkansas, Tennessee, Ohio St., Penn St. and two schools in Florida.

https://twitter.com/...006060553027585

I'm not aware of either of these guys having credibility issues.

Youre right. I did happen to forget that little detail. My apologies and I stand corrected. The rest of my opinion still stands however.

Also appears theyre having a little spin on words contest there. I'm not sure who to believe anymore. I cant draw a line between "feelers" and "pursuing". Obviously as a coach, you probably want to keep some connections open, and with the way things have gone the past few years, maybe Bo was just checkin up to see where he stood elsewhere. Or he really did want out, but, if he really wants out that bad, he'd be gone. That's the thing in the issue. He'd be frickin gone to somewhere one way or another if he really wanted to be. Also, his family loves it here. That's a pretty wide-known perception last I heard.

Or, he's just doin it to constantly dick with Perlman.

I don't have a problem with Pelini job searching, or any head coach job searching. It is a job at the most basic level. How many of you have looked for a new job without informing your boss or customers (if applicable)? It is what it is. It's a business just like anything else.

I kind of equate this to the people who get upset when fans leave. Though it shows a lack of support, people pay money to be entertained, and if they're not entertained, I have no problem with them leaving. That too, to me, is what it is.

I don't have a problem with Pelini job searching, or any head coach job searching. It is a job at the most basic level. How many of you have looked for a new job without informing your boss or customers (if applicable)? It is what it is. It's a business just like anything else.

I kind of equate this to the people who get upset when fans leave. Though it shows a lack of support, people pay money to be entertained, and if they're not entertained, I have no problem with them leaving. That too, to me, is what it is.

difference is if Bo is saying one thing that he wants to stay but secretly doesn't want to that's another issue. He should at least be up front about it. He has the support of the fans and he Is well liked. He has dug his own hole nobody else helped him. If he doesn't get that we don't like blowouts every year for the past two years and just skating by beating up on cupcakes then he doesn't get it. He knew the history, what we expect when he took the job.

difference is if Bo is saying one thing that he wants to stay but secretly doesn't want to that's another issue. He should at least be up front about it. He has the support of the fans and he Is well liked. He has dug his own hole nobody else helped him. If he doesn't get that we don't like blowouts every year for the past two years and just skating by beating up on cupcakes then he doesn't get it. He knew the history, what we expect when he took the job.

I'm positive Pelini gets it. Anybody who knows anything about Nebraska gets that. And I don't blame him for being quiet about a possible job search, saying one thing while looking at his options. Just about any reasonable person would do that. When I left my old job, they had no idea I was searching until I found something new. Not being up front has no affect on me, but I can see why others would feel differently.

Head coach at Nebraska is a unique position. I almost want someone who comes in and treats it like a good public servant would. I am going to come in and do it for 4 years or 6 years and then if I don't measure up I can simply walk away as planned...or if I do a good job (and I want to continue) then I go for another term...you could have someone go like 8-12 years. I don't want coaches using us as a stepping stone or looking for other jobs on the side. I have no idea if there are any coaches that are man enough to do this (basically humble enough and secure enough in their ego to have this attitude and dedicating themselves to returning NU back to glory...if he succeeded he would be an instant legend). It would be refreshing and embraced by the fan base, IMO. Of course, hopefully they'd be a tremendous coach too. Not easy to find all of this in one person.

If he doesn't get that we don't like blowouts every year for the past two years and just skating by beating up on cupcakes then he doesn't get it.

He has beat every team he has faced so far in the Big Ten.

We may have won but the fashion in which we won and they won aren't the same. We beat Wisconsin by 3 and they have blown us out twice. close wins to Michigan and Ohio St and they blew us out when they won. We may have won but when they are healthy and both of their starting qbs don't leave the game we are lucky to keep it close.

Everyone I know claims to be a die hard Husker Fan. BUT several of those people are fair weather, trash talking, shut-the-game-off-in-the-3rd-quarter, leave the stadium waaaay too early, negative, worrisome watchers.

Bo didn't say anything I haven't said myself to a few of those people I just mentioned. He was pis##d the fans were leaving the game. Can't blame the guy for that. He knows WE make a difference to those guys on the field.

I'm not bothered at all by this. I'm a Husker Fan and will support Bo, the staff, and the team. ~GBR

• Fire 4

Everyone I know claims to be a die hard Husker Fan. BUT several of those people are fair weather, trash talking, shut-the-game-off-in-the-3rd-quarter, leave the stadium waaaay too early, negative, worrisome watchers.

Bo didn't say anything I haven't said myself to a few of those people I just mentioned. He was pis##d the fans were leaving the game. Can't blame the guy for that. He knows WE make a difference to those guys on the field.

I'm not bothered at all by this. I'm a Husker Fan and will support Bo, the staff, and the team. ~GBR

Solid first post, have a +1.

• Fire 1

Whomever released the recording is an inside rat trying to implode this program. There was NEVER a good time for this to be released to the public. What Bo did was wrong but should've been taking care of in house behind closed doors. You don't have to like Bo or have his back...our players do and that's what matters. Life's too short to worry about yesterday let alone 2 years ago. Maybe his views have changed...A lot has changed since Oct. 8th 2011. One thing that has not changed is our players respect, loyalty and support for their head coach. When Nebraska starts winning again this will all disappear like a fart in the wind. ~ Pro Bo

Well Said. ~GBR

Welcome to huskerboard.com and nice first post.

To me, it sounds like Nebraska should be the first publicly coached team in college football. Get rid of Pelini and just have fans draw up game plans and send them in.

Like Enhance said earlier, if Bo wants to shop around, that is his right. He doesn't need to let anyone know. I have done it plenty of times and haven't even told my wife about some of them.

Like Enhance said earlier, if Bo wants to shop around, that is his right. He doesn't need to let anyone know. I have done it plenty of times and haven't even told my wife about some of them.

I agree. But if Bo did shop around and I suspect he sorta did, the best thing he can do for himself is to come clean. This is a PR issue (well, nightmare) for him right now. It isn't looking good when he's maintaining denials and nobody's really having it.

What's so hard about saying, "I've had some issues in the past here and checked out some other openings, but it's all in the past and I'm here now, and here to stay"?

• Fire 1