Deadspin just dropped a bomb - "fu fans"

Saunders

If Bo wants another job, he should just say so and get on with the process. If he actually did search out other jobs, (I think I recall Tom Osborne saying he did not know Bo was doing so), then that right there tells you something about his (Bo's) character. It is his right to seek out other positions, but the process of doing it behind the back of the AD is spineless.

• Fire 1

How many of you stupid jackasses (you know who you are) muttered in private "f#*k this job, I'm outta here> i'm not putting up witht his sh#t anymore" bla bla bla? I really dont see how it's a big deal. I know we all see our football program and coach as larger than life, but hte thing is, thery're really not.

Well played sir. Well. Played.

Damn I was grumpy earlier. I should go back and edit that.

Ah to hell with it.

• Fire 1

@SiriusXMCollege

Nebraska's Bo Pelini just told our @BillisKing that more info about the origin of the leaked audio will be released "later today".

@KevinOnCFB

Bo Pelini tells @BillisKing he has a pretty good idea who it was who recorded the audio of him. #Huskers

@KevinOnCFB

Bo Pelini: This was a personal attack and I have no idea. It was low, and unfortunate. It was not representative of how I feel.

@KevinOnCFB

Bo Pelini: This was a learning experience. I've learned from it and trust me, it will never happen again.

@KevinOnCFB

Bo Pelini on his Tommie Frazier reaction: I wasn't trying to attack him, I was dismissing it. Maybe I wouldn't have used those words.

@KevinOnCFB

Bo Pelini on Tommie Frazier: I'll talk to Tommie if he wants to talk. People are entitled to their opinions. That's not going to affect me.

@erinsorensen

Piece of advice to the guy who leaked the Pelini tape: Hide.

@Adam_Jacobi

BTW: there's pretty much no way Nebraska lets Pelini have all this press availability if he were about to be fired.

edsbs@edsbs

When Pelini finds out, just start playing the piano part from "Layla" and check the freezer truck for bodies.

@edsbs

Nah, just get it over with and meet death with dignity. RT @erinsorensen: Piece of advice to the guy who leaked the Pelini tape: Hide.

• Fire 3

@SiriusXMCollege

Nebraska's Bo Pelini just told our @BillisKing that more info about the origin of the leaked audio will be released "later today".

@KevinOnCFB

Bo Pelini tells @BillisKing he has a pretty good idea who it was who recorded the audio of him. #Huskers

@KevinOnCFB

Bo Pelini: This was a personal attack and I have no idea. It was low, and unfortunate. It was not representative of how I feel.

@KevinOnCFB

Bo Pelini: This was a learning experience. I've learned from it and trust me, it will never happen again.

@KevinOnCFB

Bo Pelini on his Tommie Frazier reaction: I wasn't trying to attack him, I was dismissing it. Maybe I wouldn't have used those words.

@KevinOnCFB

Bo Pelini on Tommie Frazier: I'll talk to Tommie if he wants to talk. People are entitled to their opinions. That's not going to affect me.

@erinsorensen

Piece of advice to the guy who leaked the Pelini tape: Hide.

@Adam_Jacobi

BTW: there's pretty much no way Nebraska lets Pelini have all this press availability if he were about to be fired.

edsbs@edsbs

When Pelini finds out, just start playing the piano part from "Layla" and check the freezer truck for bodies.

@edsbs

Nah, just get it over with and meet death with dignity. RT @erinsorensen: Piece of advice to the guy who leaked the Pelini tape: Hide.

#BoKnows

• Fire 1

This is where the university gets hurt in this deal, and why 9 wins isn't always enough:

http://college-football.si.com/2013/09/17/texas-am-record-fundraising-johnny-manziel/?sct=hp_t2_a5&eref=sihp

$300 million more raised this year, a good chunk of it can be attributed to the success of the football team. It's why paying $15 million to the staff isn't that big of a deal. There's football profit, and then there's all the other income that comes into other areas with a highly successful football program.

• Fire 1

I can't believe some of the opinions expressed here.

First: Bo will go to his first choice school if Nebraska fires him. That's a joke, right? Well, maybe he'll go as an assistant, but certainly not as a head coach making $3 million a year. If he could do that, it is pretty evident that he's already be gone.

Second: It is ok that Bo has been searching for other jobs. It is his right, yes. Wouldn't try and say it wasn't. And he has to do what is best for him. Again, wouldn't try and say he shouldn't. But if he doesn't want to be here, and he is just using us as a stepping stone to a bigger and better job, then it is time for us to move on. To the posters saying they kept their own job searches private from their employers, the obvious question I have for them is "why did you keep it private?" You kept it private because you know your employer wouldn't take that so well and might even start looking for your replacement before you found the new job. That's what we need to be doing. Bo needs to do what is best for him, and apparently he feels that is finding a new job. Now that we know that, we need to do what is best for us, and find a replacement now so we're not in a worse position once Bo finds another job.

• Fire 3

First: Bo will go to his first choice school if Nebraska fires him. That's a joke, right? Well, maybe he'll go as an assistant, but certainly not as a head coach making $3 million a year. If he could do that, it is pretty evident that he's already be gone.

I'm with you here. Texas and USC are looking to be the top positions available. Maybe Florida depending on how their season turns out - @LSU, @Georgia, @South Carolina..TN, AK, Florida State at home. There's some losses in there to go with the Miami loss last week. I can see Pelini going hard after both the Texas and the Florida job. I can't see him getting either. Texas fans would run him out of the interview personally. They've got more pride than to be known as the team that hired "that crazy guy?" USC? He hates the media, dislikes the fans, etc. No where is the head coach job more of a celebrity than at USC. He might get his first choice...but his first choice won't be any of the top tier positions if so.

• Fire 1

Everyone I know claims to be a die hard Husker Fan. BUT several of those people are fair weather, trash talking, shut-the-game-off-in-the-3rd-quarter, leave the stadium waaaay too early, negative, worrisome watchers.

Bo didn't say anything I haven't said myself to a few of those people I just mentioned. He was pis##d the fans were leaving the game. Can't blame the guy for that. He knows WE make a difference to those guys on the field.

I'm not bothered at all by this. I'm a Husker Fan and will support Bo, the staff, and the team. ~GBR

Best post of the entire thread imo

I agree. And that was his first post. I like this guy already. I really hope he sticks around and frequents here.

• Fire 1

If Bo wants another job, he should just say so and get on with the process. If he actually did search out other jobs, (I think I recall Tom Osborne saying he did not know Bo was doing so), then that right there tells you something about his (Bo's) character. It is his right to seek out other positions, but the process of doing it behind the back of the AD is spineless.

So, just like Tom did in the 70's.

• Fire 1

I can't believe some of the opinions expressed here.

Second: It is ok that Bo has been searching for other jobs. It is his right, yes. Wouldn't try and say it wasn't. And he has to do what is best for him. Again, wouldn't try and say he shouldn't. But if he doesn't want to be here, and he is just using us as a stepping stone to a bigger and better job, then it is time for us to move on. To the posters saying they kept their own job searches private from their employers, the obvious question I have for them is "why did you keep it private?" You kept it private because you know your employer wouldn't take that so well and might even start looking for your replacement before you found the new job. That's what we need to be doing. Bo needs to do what is best for him, and apparently he feels that is finding a new job. Now that we know that, we need to do what is best for us, and find a replacement now so we're not in a worse position once Bo finds another job.

It's reasonable to feel how you feel. But Ohio State and Florida are better jobs than NU. At least he is going after better jobs that will further him in his career than just trying to get the eff out and going to Kentucky or Washington State.

• Fire 1