why was the ucla game the breaking point for so many?

sd'sker

why was the ucla game the breaking point for so many fans? not the first time we have been blown out, and some could argue this was not even close to the worst.

by all accounts, ucla is a pretty good team and we are young.

my guess would be it is because of how we lost. we were up 21-3 and should have easily won. we could have just ran the ball and played base defense and won soundly.

we are tired of seeing the collapses, but bo also knows how to give us just enough hope to make us believe things are fixed. that is what makes it so rough. also, the offense failed, and that was supposed to be the saving grace of our team.

however, i really started this post because zoogies alluded to this topic and i wanted to hear his thoughts.

finally, the ucla loss hurt and is demoralizing, but i still think bo could be out guy. we have talent, now we need time.

why was the ucla game the breaking point for so many fans? not the first time we have been blown out, and some could argue this was not even close to the worst.

my guess would be it is because of how we lost. we were up 21-3 and should have easily won. we could have just ran the ball and played base defense and won soundly.

we are tired of seeing the collapses, but bo also knows how to give us just enough hope to make us believe things are fixed. that is what makes it so rough. also, the offense failed, and that was supposed to be the saving grace of our team.

however, i really started this post because zoogies alluded to this topic and i wanted to hear his thoughts.

finally, the ucla loss hurt and is demoralizing, but i still think bo could be out guy. we have talent, now we need time.

Bo could be the guy but he has to make changes and get more experienced coordinators. is Bo willing to do that or go down with his ship? we will find out.

my guess would be it is because of how we lost.

i mean...

duh.

it is not the first time we had a demoralizing loss.

look, zoogies alluded to some thoughts on this subject. i am trying to ferret it out, but felt i needed to say something.

also, i go on to specifically explain why the way we lost this time was unique. but what made this time so different. it certainly was not the worst of these losses.

It was how we lost. Pelini is incapable of having a psychologically sound team because he's not psychologically sound himself.

this is true, but i really think it is the continual duping we receive. we believe we have turned a corner only to be embarrassed. i felt so confident going into halftime, only to see another curb-stomping. i think in that way, the hope to dejection, this was the worst loss.

For me it was just one more straw on a very large pile.

I have never seen a team just shut off like that. We could have just let UCLA run the ball with no defense on the field and it would have been the same result. And the horror of those offensive calls. Running 3 pass plays in a row right after half time... who the hell does that when you have a big lead???

There just isn't enough you can say about that meltdown. AT HOME!!! AT HOME!!! That was the real deal sealer for me. I mentioned to a friend of mine before this game... "What's the worst loss Nebraska has had at home?" And sure enough, this was the worst since 1961. That's just vomitous.

Bo is just not a good head coach. And he can't get decent coaches to back him up. Sick of blaming players for not executing. Sick.

IMO it's because the meltdown was not a surprise and honestly was somewhat expected. I was at the game and people weren't even mad.

Conventional wisdom tells you that teams don't lose leading 21 - 3 let alone get blown out at home. Total team failure. Lastly it's because people can see the talent out there and it being used poorly. The fan base as whole checked out.

This one is different because we had a big lead were at home and the fans no longer believe in this team going forward. Just my impression.

>that's the point, people are getting sick of being blown out

>UCLA is just as young, and we had one of the most experienced offenses in the nation who were shut down by a mid tier D

>That was a major factor

>it's year 6 and we could have our worst team yet, too early to say if we do but that is why this game has become a breaking point for many.

Partially because we have obviously improved talent on defense but the results remain strikingly similar?

that is a statement, the dude. don't doubt yourself.

One thing to remember is at the end of last year the senior led defense should have been having their best games. This years defense should be having their worst performances right now. They seem to be improving every week, yes there was an implosion on Saturday but we did get to see what they are capable of. Also there is a reason Noel Mazzone sells his offense.