why was the ucla game the breaking point for so many?

sd'sker

There just isn't enough you can say about that meltdown. AT HOME!!! AT HOME!!! That was the real deal sealer for me. I mentioned to a friend of mine before this game... "What's the worst loss Nebraska has had at home?" And sure enough, this was the worst since 1961. That's just vomitous.

It was a painful loss, sure. But how do you figure it was the worst home loss since '61? I can think of several much worse losses just in the past few years. This one just seems to have a different sting to it.

Partially because we have obviously improved talent on defense but the results remain strikingly similar?

that is a statement, the dude. don't doubt yourself.

One thing to remember is at the end of last year the senior led defense should have been having their best games. This years defense should be having their worst performances right now. They seem to be improving every week, yes there was an implosion on Saturday but we did get to see what they are capable of. Also there is a reason Noel Mazzone sells his offense.

It's honestly not the players I'm worried about. We have some good ones.

Partially because we have obviously improved talent on defense but the results remain strikingly similar?

that is a statement, the dude. don't doubt yourself.

One thing to remember is at the end of last year the senior led defense should have been having their best games. This years defense should be having their worst performances right now. They seem to be improving every week, yes there was an implosion on Saturday but we did get to see what they are capable of. Also there is a reason Noel Mazzone sells his offense.

It's honestly not the players I'm worried about. We have some good ones.

Agree.

Probably because of the fact that for the first time in this difficult string of mind boggling losses, we were actually the ones that came out guns a blazin and dominated the first half but couldnt hold. It's like no matter what we do, we cant win these games. Every man has his breaking point. Not that I've totally turned, but my was brought out from under the sand.

There just isn't enough you can say about that meltdown. AT HOME!!! AT HOME!!! That was the real deal sealer for me. I mentioned to a friend of mine before this game... "What's the worst loss Nebraska has had at home?" And sure enough, this was the worst since 1961. That's just vomitous.

It was a painful loss, sure. But how do you figure it was the worst home loss since '61? I can think of several much worse losses just in the past few years. This one just seems to have a different sting to it.

Okay there is a caveat in the article: "It was the biggest blown lead in a home game since 1920, the worst non-conference home loss since 1961 and the sixth double-digit loss in 15 games against BCS-level opponents."

So yeah, it's not as bad as I thought it was (sips on some organge Kool-Aid). Mmm... Hastings.

Not a breaking point for me. Just more of the same old, same old feel to it. The WYO game did not make me think anything would be different this year. So going into this game, I thought it would be close with UCLA possibly pulling away in the end because they had the better QB and defense. What sucked was the 38 unanswered points and how easy they made it look. It was just another ugly loss to a talented team. So that sucked.

I can only answer for myself, imo. Being a diehard Husker fan, I hate to see the team perform poorly. I have no problem getting beat by a better team but I can't stand losing because we play poorly. Part of my problem is I like to believe we are good, really good, so I usually end up convincing myself that we are the better team in most any upcoming contest. So, this really only leaves room for accepting defeat well at the hands of blatantly better teams. Imo UCLA was not a superior team to us. In recent history, the only team(s) I felt we had any business losing to were Georgia and possibly South Carolina. Considering we have been embarrassed by quite a few others recently, the UCLA debacle just sort of cinched it for me. I really likeBo and his fiery, burn your village down attitude. His sideline demeanor, mistreatment of the media, and even his disdain for some of the fan base really has no bearing on my opinion of him as our coach. If he can lead this program and get our boys to perform at a high level, that is all I want from him. I think I just finally witnessed one too many headscratching performance.

• Fire 1

It goes back to the CCG for me. That was just an awful, awful game. Bo is clearly a better coach than Callahan, but given the context of that game, I can't think of any one of Callahan's losses that hurt more. We were snickered at before that game. We became a punchline after.

UCLA this year was a chance to show that something has changed. It hasn't changed and it gets harder as time goes by to think that Bo really will turn a corner.

It's not the loss, It's the way they lost. It's not just one big game, it's every big game. His recruiting isn't where it should be. His best teams were left over players. I used to be on his side but I am just tired of being disappointed. I wouldn't call for another man's job that is for people who are smarter than me.

it really is this simple for me.....the definition of insanity is................

the same actions......the same results......AND YOU EXPECT A DIFFERENT OUTCOME? Im not insane and I knew right when that sack was missed at the end of the 2nd q that we were done.......I KNEW the outcome because I am not insane LOL I DON'T expect a different outcome, which although is sad and makes me a Fing fair weather fan, but it also makes me sane!!!!!!!! LMFAO

it really is this simple for me.....the definition of insanity is................

the same actions......the same results......AND YOU EXPECT A DIFFERENT OUTCOME? Im not insane and I knew right when that sack was missed at the end of the 2nd q that we were done.......I KNEW the outcome because I am not insane LOL I DON'T expect a different outcome, which although is sad and makes me a Fing fair weather fan, but it also makes me sane!!!!!!!! LMFAO

Me too. I felt the same way about that missed sack. I bitched about it for about 10 minutes straight, and just had a gut feeling that we were doomed after that.