Pelini's Formal Apology

QMany

Coach's Corner: A Letter from Bo Pelini

There is no better time than right now for me to personally thank you for your support of Nebraska Athletics and Nebraska Football.

This past week has obviously been a difficult one for many people associated with the University of Nebraska and our football program. I wanted to take this opportunity to say I regret the comments that I made in private two years ago, and apologize to Husker fans everywhere.

We all make mistakes in our lives, both personally and professionally, and like everyone else I am human. The important thing is to learn from your mistakes and correct them to improve yourself as a person. I hope you can see that I have done that and continue to strive to improve each day.

Most importantly, I want all of you to know that my comments in 2011 were not in any way representative of my true feelings about our great fans and donors here at Nebraska. The time, energy, money and passion you invest in our football program and all of our athletic programs is second to none.

It is an honor to lead our football team into Memorial Stadium in front of more than 91,000 fans for each home game. It never ceases to amaze me how many of you show up on the road, no matter where we travel. That type of fan support makes a difference and certainly does not go unnoticed.

On the field, we have the opportunity to be a good football team. Last week’s game wasn’t the result any of us were looking for, but we will bounce back. There is still a lot of football to be played and I like the attitude of this football team.

I appreciate the support of Chancellor Perlman and Shawn Eichorst, and once again the support that all of you provide for our athletic programs. Your support makes it possible for student-athletes, coaches and staff to have a great experience at Nebraska, and provides us with every opportunity to succeed.

Thank you and Go Big Red!

Bo Pelini

http://www.huskers.c...hq_v=0dff285261

Some will probably still find something to b*tch about, but this sounds great to me.

GBR

BFP

• Fire 3

Still didn't like the details in the conversation on USC yesterday.... Mike'l and John said they "knew" he tried for Ohio St., Penn. St., and Miami....

The Mike'l rant in the beginning of the Dirk Chatlein segment of today's podcast was interesting he made some great points.... He said (paraphrasing) that if he was a Nebraska fan he would be pissed that Bo looked for multiple jobs, and some fans are silly for believing that he didn't mean what he said.... Lots of fantastic points....

just a general comment and not really about what Pelini said. Today's society seems hold very few people accountable anymore and we are always giving people second chances. It seems no one gives thought anymore when they act because they can just apologize afterward. more often than naught they didn't learn their lesson. Honestly Bo got lucky that Miller left the game otherwise we don't win that game.

• Fire 1

just a general comment and not really about what Pelini said. Today's society seems hold very few people accountable anymore and we are always giving people second chances. It seems no one gives thought anymore when they act because they can just apologize afterward. more often than naught they didn't learn their lesson. Honestly Bo got lucky that Miller left the game otherwise we don't win that game.

yeah, people only deserve one chance, at most. and someone who swears in private should be prohibited from holding any form of employment!

• Fire 1

Still didn't like the details in the conversation on USC yesterday.... Mike'l and John said they "knew" he tried for Ohio St., Penn. St., and Miami....

Funny how many "know" or have sources that "know".

I have supported Bo in the past, and will continue going forward, BUT, any Nebraska fans that truly believes all of these local, and national media members are making this stuff up about Bo trying to get all these jobs are extremely naïve.... Did he look for all the jobs named (Miami, Penn. St., Ohio St., Arkansas, Flordia, etc.)? Maybe not. Surely, there were jobs that he pursued. Where there is that much smoke, there is fire. Out of everything Bo has said and done, this is the only thing that I find insulting. It seems that he wanted to leave Nebraska, and nobody wanted him, so now he has settled for this place. Settled for Nebraska! That's crazy.....

yeah, people only deserve one chance, at most. and someone who swears in private should be prohibited from holding any form of employment!

yeah i wouldn't call a recording booth private.

Funny how many "know" or have sources that "know".

I have supported Bo in the past, and will continue going forward, BUT, any Nebraska fans that truly believes all of these local, and national media members are making this stuff up about Bo trying to get all these jobs are extremely naïve.... Did he look for all the jobs named (Miami, Penn. St., Ohio St., Arkansas, Flordia, etc.)? Maybe not. Surely, there were jobs that he pursued. Where there is that much smoke, there is fire. Out of everything Bo has said and done, this is the only thing that I find insulting. It seems that he wanted to leave Nebraska, and nobody wanted him, so now he has settled for this place. Settled for Nebraska! That's crazy.....

Probably right. But forgive me of being skeptical of media members who "know" something. Which is a better story: "Pelini interested in the Miami job" or "Miami interested in Pelini for their coach"?

So anywhere with a recording device can no longer be considered private? Because that doesn't leave very many places now-a-days.

what lesson, pray tell, should bfp learn? not to occasionally get frustrated with the fans and vent about it?

what difference does it make if you call it private or not?

So anywhere with a recording device can no longer be considered private? Because that doesn't leave very many places now-a-days.

exactly, anyone with a phone is a 'reporter'. but it is not like he asked for a press conference to tell us all he hates us. he was clearly venting in a manner he thought would not become public. i really have no problem with that. and the fact that he wanted to bolt, while i am not happy about it, is just the nature of the business. bo owes us his best effort, but this is not an indentured servitude.