Pelini's Formal Apology

QMany

Pelini's blowouts have not been to cupcakes. Ohio State went undefeated and Meyer's name would be mentioned in the top 3 or 4 coaches in the college game today. One of our other blowouts was to a Russell Wilson led Wisconsin team.....and look what he's doing in Seattle. I don't like the blowouts any more than anyone else, but they were certainly not against bad competition.

I see you left out Wisconsin from last year...if Ohio St wasn't on probation we would have played them instead.

My point is to offer a generalization that we've been down a similar road before and stuck with a coach. It's not my agenda to crucify Pelini.

Isn't "crucify" a dramatic word to use when talking about the ability of a football coach?

Pelini's blowouts have not been to cupcakes. Ohio State went undefeated and Meyer's name would be mentioned in the top 3 or 4 coaches in the college game today. One of our other blowouts was to a Russell Wilson led Wisconsin team.....and look what he's doing in Seattle. I don't like the blowouts any more than anyone else, but they were certainly not against bad competition.

I see you left out Wisconsin from last year...if Ohio St wasn't on probation we would have played them instead.

My point is to offer a generalization that we've been down a similar road before and stuck with a coach. It's not my agenda to crucify Pelini.

Isn't "crucify" a dramatic word to use when talking about the ability of a football coach?

Yes

At least Brian Kelly has been to a National Championship, Urban's and Saban's records speaks for its self, and Will...don't care. Is yelling the modus operandi for coaches above? Do recruits want to come here so they can get yelled at on national TV?

Just watch a game where they coach and you will see them getting emotional and yelling, Saban flips his lid even when he's winning. I seriously wonder if you've played a competitive sport at any level, because if you have and you ever f'd up you would know you were going to get yelled at. Maybe not by your head coach, but a position coach will more than like chew you out. Sometime you've got to raise your voice to reach someone. I'm not going to defend a coach who degrades his players verbally, but from all accounts Bo isn't doing that. Further more he's been very relaxed this year compared to years past, I've watched him on the sidelines at every game this year, and unless guys are screwing up the same way over and over, a la Evans tackling, Santos poor play, corners blowing coverages, he takes them aside and just talks to them when they come off.

If Bo is such an evil guy why do his former players constantly come up to bat for him when the fans or the media are ripping him?

Evil? Lol. Ok, no crap coaches yell. Lets move this to the Woodshed if you are going to hurl insults. I'll be waiting.

Evil? Lol. Ok, no crap coaches yell. Lets move this to the Woodshed if you are going to hurl insults. I'll be waiting.

If you took it as in insult that's your problem, but with the statements you've made I really have to question your perspective.

Rightly or wrongly Bo has to live with the image he and the media created a few years ago. Just about any honest husker fan can tell you his sideline demeanor has changed. Personally I don't think it's fair that he is still portrayed the way he is, it's a double standard when it comes to him other high profile coaches. Yes Saban wins and Kelly's had success but should that really make their action more justifiable? It's a coaching style and I'll take it any day over blank face bill.

/I'm out.

Jeebus f'ing Kriest. Why come some of you morons admit that the conference change set us back a couple years. Have some damn common sense instead of bitchen back and forth from all directions about the same thing. There's a lot to that many dont understand. Like having a whole schedule worth of teams that you DONT have an archive of past performances and tendancies to look back on. Now we're playing a bunch of freshman (oh gasp, some of you have been bitchen bout this for years too-"why dont we play freshman like everyone else) and theyr obviousy adjusting and so. God god, I've been driven nuts.

Jeebus f'ing Kriest. Why come some of you morons admit that the conference change set us back a couple years. Have some damn common sense instead of bitchen back and forth from all directions about the same thing. There's a lot to that many dont understand. Like having a whole schedule worth of teams that you DONT have an archive of past performances and tendancies to look back on. Now we're playing a bunch of freshman (oh gasp, some of you have been bitchen bout this for years too-"why dont we play freshman like everyone else) and theyr obviousy adjusting and so. God god, I've been driven nuts.

mr., you need a

snickers.jpg

Except you are wrong. In our 2nd year we made the CCG if we really had a set back we wouldn't have made the CCG. So please quit making stuff up that suits you.