I was at the game and saw it first hand......

mwj98

:facepalm: Every game this season is already sold out.

Wrong.

Its called the student section. Its always like that. If you dont know what you're talking about its best to be quiet!! They stuff everyone in as close to lower rows as possible (ex. A row has 25 seats, there might be 40-45 kids in that row.)

Every single ticket is sold - whether fans actually attend the game is a different story. That said, the south end zone will often look empty because part of it is students and they don't have assigned seating. They crunch the lower levels and it gives the impression that less people are there.

While both of you are right about the crunching, that is not a valid response concerning empty seats at the top of the student section. If empty rows were truly attributable to only packed seating, every game would be like that. The bottom 50% or so of students just aren't very dedicated fans. I'm sure they had a tough psychology exam to go study for though, so let's cut them a break this time.

• Fire 2

One more observation.....valentine has got to get in better shape. Whew!!!

ALL of the defensive line has to get in better shape. Go back and watch the game and watch how those guys are on their knees before snaps. Their knees! My high school coach would have whooped our tails if we got down on our knees during the game. That's a huge no-no. Plus, there were plenty of hands on the hips and panting going on by our guys. We're not in good shape and i think that's a very large part of our problem.

They're on their knees because the QB is audibling and isn't going to snap the ball.

There were quite a few times they weren't set when the ball was snapped...it's because they were on their knees. Look, I know you think they're waiting...but when I played high school and college ball, it was a no-no.

They're were a few of those your right, but I think they didn't have the play calls for those. Ciante got caught looking for a call on a pass in the 1st.

Smh. Tried to post simple observation. Not being a jerk. Just saying. And this happens. I wasn't complaining about it not selling out. But ive never seen an empty section. That's all. No harm no foul.

Keep it classy.

If you've never seen empty rows at the top of the student section then you don't go to games often.

Smh. Tried to post simple observation. Not being a jerk. Just saying. And this happens. I wasn't complaining about it not selling out. But ive never seen an empty section. That's all. No harm no foul.

Keep it classy.

If you've never seen empty rows at the top of the student section then you don't go to games often.

Thank you. Ive been to almost every home game for last 7 years. Its pretty common from what ive seen from my north endzone seats.

The student section is not always like that. They oversell it to compensate for the packed lower rows - face facts, a lot of students didn't show up today. Someone tweeted he hadn't seen it that empty since KU in 2008.

Still a sellout, and that's not in jeopardy, but don't kid yourselves in thinking it was common fare - there were a lot less students than usual.

Keep it classy.

They're just busting your balls because someone a couple years ago started a really dumb thread about how the sellout streak is a sham because not everyone that has a ticket comes to the game.

One more observation.....valentine has got to get in better shape. Whew!!!

ALL of the defensive line has to get in better shape. Go back and watch the game and watch how those guys are on their knees before snaps. Their knees! My high school coach would have whooped our tails if we got down on our knees during the game. That's a huge no-no. Plus, there were plenty of hands on the hips and panting going on by our guys. We're not in good shape and i think that's a very large part of our problem.

Wasn't Jason Peter going off a week or two ago about how poor our training and conditioning program is compared to what it was?