Illinois

15-20% chance.

Let's stop overreacting to how bad Illinois beat the Redhawks. Here is a list of teams who are, according to Sagarin, better than Miami (OH):

Missouri State

Sacramento State

Jacksonville State

Fordham

Eastern Kentucky

North Dakota

Tennessee State

Illinois State

Samford

Harvard

Northern Arizona

and many more FCS teams

So, please, everyone, STOP OVERREACTING.

Miami is terrible. And that score by Illinois isn't even reflective of how much better Illinois was than Miami in this game because Illinois pulled first-teamers early and basically didn't try a lot of the 2nd half.

A better benchmark is the Washington game two weeks ago. Illinois played mostly mistake-free football and kept it competitive with a very good Washington team but couldn't get the win because not quite enough talent or depth.

I am very interested however to see what my Illini do in Lincoln though. There's a lot of risk-taking in the offense with trick plays incorporated into the regular offense, surprise 2-point conversions and onside kicks and the like. Also Scheelhaase is a 4th year starter and actually playing like it. Josh Ferguson has turned out to be kind of a beast out of the backfield on both runs and receptions. So I expect this game to be competitive. On defense, there aren't many forced turnovers unfortunately and too many young guys missing tackles one-on-one.

Anyone on this board telling anyone else to stop over reacting needs to look in the mirror. we have all over reacted about something, it just depends on what we are talking about. I have over reacted plenty of times. Which is why I won't stand on a f'ing box and preach to any of you about it.

Now as far as Illinois. It sounds to me like they have an offense that could move the ball on the majority of the Big Ten. Now forgive me if I'm wrong, it hasn't been discussed a lot, but if I have heard correctly it sounds like Nebraska has a defense that sh#ts their pants every time they take the field. Hmmmm...good offense versus sh#t defense. Sounds like it might be tough.

At this point, we have been given no evidence to believe we should be able to stop a Big Ten team considering we can't stop an FCS team. It goes both ways folks.

Anyone on this board telling anyone else to stop over reacting needs to look in the mirror. we have all over reacted about something, it just depends on what we are talking about. I have over reacted plenty of times. Which is why I won't stand on a f'ing box and preach to any of you about it.

Now as far as Illinois. It sounds to me like they have an offense that could move the ball on the majority of the Big Ten. Now forgive me if I'm wrong, it hasn't been discussed a lot, but if I have heard correctly it sounds like Nebraska has a defense that sh#ts their pants every time they take the field. Hmmmm...good offense versus sh#t defense. Sounds like it might be tough.

At this point, we have been given no evidence to believe we should be able to stop a Big Ten team considering we can't stop an FCS team. It goes both ways folks.

I'm not sitting on a soap box and saying that you're stupid if you're overreacting. I'm saying that there is no need to overreact to a score of a game against an opponent that SDSU could and would defeat.

The bolded is a lie. We couldn't stop an FCS for a quarter. Remember that SDSU had a field day and about 200 yards by the end of the first quarter. Cut that number in half and combine it with the rest of the yards we gave up outside the first quarter, and we allow 350 yards. Not a good number, but not necessarily a bad number either. It's not like their offense was just smashing it on our defense the entire game. Neither was UCLA's offense, neither was Wyoming's offense, and neither was Southern Miss's offense. It's all about removing that one bad quarter, that's a mentality issue. Fix that and watch out.