Bye Weekend Thoughts

Watching Wisconsin and Ohio state. Both teams are far better than us. It's not talent, but it is coaching.

For example , penalties and fumbles are an issue for us. Something the staff has been working hard on during the off season. This problem never seems to go away. Lets be honest, we have systemic problems ranging from conditioning to teaching fundamentals. Don't get me wrong. We have some good coaches. It's the leadership that is the main problem.

There are other teams that have the same problems. Looks at Texas and USC. Talent is there, but coaching sucks. Same thing here. If we can ever get a good head coach again things will turn around. Honestly, I've been pretty depressed since UCLA. I'm resigned that we need a major change.

Wisconsin didnt get its first penalty until the 4th quarter

The most glaring difference I saw was the amt of pressure and penetration the D-llines on these teams got compared to ours

Watching Wisconsin and Ohio state. Both teams are far better than us. It's not talent, but it is coaching.

For example , penalties and fumbles are an issue for us. Something the staff has been working hard on during the off season. This problem never seems to go away. Lets be honest, we have systemic problems ranging from conditioning to teaching fundamentals. Don't get me wrong. We have some good coaches. It's the leadership that is the main problem.

There are other teams that have the same problems. Looks at Texas and USC. Talent is there, but coaching sucks. Same thing here. If we can ever get a good head coach again things will turn around. Honestly, I've been pretty depressed since UCLA. I'm resigned that we need a major change.

Wisconsin didnt get its first penalty until the 4th quarter

The most glaring difference I saw was the amt of pressure and penetration the D-llines on these teams got compared to ours

Ummm...They got a facemask penalty in the first, #13 got it. Got a holding in the first by Marz..

While it is true that USC has talent, the lack of scholarships has had a big impact. USC could only take 56 players to the game at ASU. The limitation in scholarship also has a big impact on practice options. And, as the season progresses, injuries take a much bigger toll, relatively speaking.

On top of that, with all of the spread offenses in today's college football, you need a lot of players to keep up with the pace both on offense and defense.

Kiffin basically paid the price for Carroll's violations.

While it is true that USC has talent, the lack of scholarships has had a big impact. USC could only take 56 players to the game at ASU. The limitation in scholarship also has a big impact on practice options. And, as the season progresses, injuries take a much bigger toll, relatively speaking.

On top of that, with all of the spread offenses in today's college football, you need a lot of players to keep up with the pace both on offense and defense.

This is why PSU will be hurting so bad soon

actually PSU is getting a schlolarship raise soon.

In terms of precedent, this can't be warmly received news to Bo and Staff. Lane is obviously suffering from the sanctions, which was not his fault. I don't think he's a very good coach/person, but you still can't deny the sanctions are causing part of these problems. Bo and staff have no sanction. I truly hope there are no coaching changes here, at least not the HC job, but I still have to think this news made Bo squirm a bit. College Football = Big Business, and investors want return on their investment. Sad but true.

I agree with what you said about the probation issues that USC has. It certainly has some impact. I still think Kiffin is a below average coach. It blew my mind when he got the coaching job at USC. Mack Brown is a better example of underachievement. I do hope Bo can turn it around. I hate the fact that we will have to start over with another staff if he doesn't. He will have to win at least 8 games and avoid further meltdowns to have a chance at keeping his job. I don't like the odds even with the weak conference we are in.

I truly hope there are no coaching changes here, at least not the HC job, but I still have to think this news made Bo squirm a bit. College Football = Big Business, and investors want return on their investment. Sad but true.

I doubt Pelini is squirming. Pelini has been in football at both the NCAA and NFL ranks. This type of news is old hat for him.

I truly hope there are no coaching changes here, at least not the HC job, but I still have to think this news made Bo squirm a bit. College Football = Big Business, and investors want return on their investment. Sad but true.

I doubt Pelini is squirming. Pelini has been in football at both the NCAA and NFL ranks. This type of news is old hat for him.

If we fire Pelini then we will be set back a ways IMO. We need to bring in a new DC that brings energy and swagger back into our team.

If we fire Pelini then we will be set back a ways IMO. We need to bring in a new DC that brings energy and swagger back into our team.

Well when we hired Pelini he was one of the best DC why can't HE bring back the swagger and energy? He doesn't use it as much since he calmed down on the sideline so he has some reserves left for the team.

Well when we hired Pelini he was one of the best DC why can't HE bring back the swagger and energy? He doesn't use it as much since he calmed down on the sideline so he has some reserves left for the team.

Pelini is working on what he needs to, which is recruiting.

Pelini is working on what he needs to, which is recruiting.

why would a good recruit come here if all they see on tv is us getting our ass kicked? He needs to work on on the fly adjustments in the game rather than wait for a half. that right there would solve a lot of problems even more so than recruiting.