Predict the season outcome based on what we've seen thus far

Words...

The blowouts, they are incredibly frustrating. We'd all be more content going 9-3 if the 3 losses were by a combined 10 points to respectable teams (Georgia, Wisconsin, Michigan, etc...)

But that hasn't been the case. We got blown out by Wisconsin by 39 points. We got blown out in Ann Arbor by the tune of 28 points. Those suck, and they hurt. And it makes us very prone to just ignoring the really important numbers and facts about those games. But there's a common trait shared by all the games in which we have been embarrassed. Take a look:

2011 Wisconsin: Nebraska eventually lost by 31 points, but held the lead against Wisconsin 14-7 in the 2nd quarter before surrendering 35 straight points.

2011 Michigan: Nebraska started 10 points down, rallied to tie the game in the 2nd quarter before surrendering 21 unanswered points eventually losing 45-17.

2011 South Carolina: Nebraska leads 13-9 nearing the end of the half before again surrendering 21 unanswered points in the eventual 30-13 loss.

2012 Ohio State: Nebraska held a 17-7 lead into the 2nd quarter before begin outscored 28-7 to trail at half 35-24. The Huskers got the game to 31-35 before surrendering another 21 unanswered points in the 63-38 loss.

2013 UCLA: The Huskers lead 21-3 halfway through the 2nd quarter before surrendering 38 unanswered points in a 41-21 loss.

In every Pelini blowout (sans Wisconsin Big Ten Championship Game), we have been tied or holding the lead before losing it badly. That doesn't necessarily point to a talent or depth issue. If that was the case, we would've been blown out from the start. That speaks to a mentality issue. Which makes it all the more frustrating. Mentality should be the easiest thing to change, yet we still struggle.

Bo has always been an excellent Xs and Os guy. But he needs to start becoming a coach who can constantly keep his players fired up and motivated to fight back when the going gets tough.

• Fire 3

I've been known to underestimate the B1G ever since we joined, but the teams we play in the B1G this year just aren't very good. I don't see us dropping any more than two games the rest of the regular season. However, I also do not see us getting into the B1G Championship either. It's not like we're playing Wisconsin or Ohio State this year. Other than possibly one team (Michigan) left on our schedule, I'm not sure any of our remaining opponents will even be ranked at year end. Coming into the year, several of us saw potential problems with UCLA; Michigan; and Northwestern. I don't think anything has changed. These are the three potential losses for this team.

The problem here is that it's debatable on whether or not we're any good. We'll soon find out.

I've been known to underestimate the B1G ever since we joined, but the teams we play in the B1G this year just aren't very good. I don't see us dropping any more than two games the rest of the regular season. However, I also do not see us getting into the B1G Championship either. It's not like we're playing Wisconsin or Ohio State this year. Other than possibly one team (Michigan) left on our schedule, I'm not sure any of our remaining opponents will even be ranked at year end. Coming into the year, several of us saw potential problems with UCLA; Michigan; and Northwestern. I don't think anything has changed. These are the three potential losses for this team.

The problem here is that it's debatable on whether or not we're any good. We'll soon find out.

no debate. NU is not good.

We are good, but I've stayed silent through most of the reading of the posts. Turn around is simple. Put Tommy Armstrong in the game, and Nebraska is back to normal. You just need a game manager that is explosive simultaneously as a playmaker. That guy is Tommy Armstrong (6-2, 220, RFr., 4.53 40). Tommy Armstrong will compete when they game gets crazy like it has in all of the aforementioned blowout losses Nebraska has been in the last 4 years. He doesn't have quite the straight ahead speed of Taylor Martinez (6-1, 210, RSr., 4.3 40), but Tommy can still take it to the house on any given play----so you don't give up the talent behind center by changing up QBs. And Tommy Armstrong will power through defenders upon contact. NU is good---but you can't leave your talent on the bench also. Down 35-24 at the half against Ohio State last year, I would have loved to have seen Tommy Armstrong enter the game to begin the 2nd half. He would have matched Braxton Miller, I have no doubt. Ohio State would have probably still won, but it would have been interesting. Tommy Armstrong has the moxie to get Nebraska back into a difficult game like last year's Ohio State loss or the Wisconsin game (Big Ten title matchup). Yes. NU is still good.

how are we defining good? If good is upper middle of a weak conference and finishing ranked 22-30 or so is good... then NU may end up good. If to be good a team has to legitimately compete for a CC and finish top 15 or so (in a legitimate way,... not by way of easy schedule alone)... then NU is not good.

TA has great potential, and I believe he will a great one for us. But lets not forget who he played...SDSU. TM was not soley responsible for the blow out losses at all. He was the one who was one of the main reasons we won 6 straight, most of them come from behind, wins last year. It comes down to our defense, which you didn't even mention

I just think it sucks that severa peoplel are ready to not only give up on our coaches but the season as well. Maybe Bo isnt the perfect coach whether you dont like his demeanor or his schemes. But he is our coach right now. Yes the UCLA loss stung, as well as the growing pains on defense. But Im willing to bet the team doesnt give up on this staff or the season. Whether we finish with 9 or 12 wins Im predicting we need to spread some optimism whether you believe in it or not. Dwelling on our poor showings will do nothing but crush the spirit of any young Husker who happens to read our criticism of the unit. Win lose or draw Im choosing to be optimistic for the good of the season. Go big red.

You know if TA is the answer I say we just cut the chase and go directly to Stanton, and then we can get the extremely talented 8th grader that is tearing it up out Scottsbluff. I know there is a peewee kid here in Beaumont that really looks like he will fit. Then we have it all fixed, MNC for ever. We won't even play defense, we will just score more, because everyone knows it is all Taylor Martinez's fault that we give up a bazillion yards anytime we a play a team with pulse.

Seriously, I still have no idea if we can be good or not. I have hopes that the staff will figure this problem out, but we have been promised time after time that we would fix the problem, in honesty it still isn't. Here is hoping.

• Fire 3

We're 3-1.

SEASON'S OVER, EVERYONE, PACK IT UP, NO CHANCE NEBRASKA CAN WIN 7 MORE GAMES, IT'S IMPOSSIBLE WHAT A SHAME.

You need to add some opinions about the actual football team :sarcasm But I don't get it either, there's a reason you play the game. This season can still go a lot of different ways, good or bad.

The season everyone looked at for the last couple years, and it's likely to be the worst of Pelini's tenure. Fire him.

Not saying it's going to happen, but, for goodness' sake, it's not late November and the team is like 6-5. We're 3-1. 11-1, while admittedly unlikely, is still possible. Why burn the season down when it hasn't even started yet?

• Fire 1

I think we wind up with 4-5 losses. If we play Ohio State in the CCG, we might lose by 50. We're at best the 4th best team in what is at best the 4th best conference in the country.

I'd like to have more hope...I really would. But after watching our team struggle to tackle the past couple of seasons and hearing about how we don't even bother to practice that skill, I'm not sure how we're expecting any improvement. I think the defense continues to be a complete sieve and the offense is as inconsistent as Martinez's flakiness and Beck's inability to find ways to overcome it can make it. So I think we're in for more frustrating Saturdays, likely followed by an offseason where the fanbase is divided over whether Pelini needs to be replaced or should be given more time.