OT Grant Schmidt [Ohio State Commit]

I assume you meant Minny predictions.

I agree that he might not be the next OT on our board. I'm sure Ivey is #1 but that would be a huge steal to get him. There are probably a couple others higher but this would be a nice one. Might be hurting him that we've taken two OTs in each of the last two classes (counting Stoltenberg) so we can probably afford to be choosy. Maybe waiting to see a little more of him and others and possibly also waiting to see how the current class shakes out at DE. If Stoltenberg moves to DE, we might have a little more room. Just guessing.

Ya predictions, my bad. I looked through our other OT offers for 2015 and besides Ivey (very slim chance) and Dietzen (I think Wisky gets him) I am not sure who would be higher. The small class really throws things off from the norm. I am sure the coaches have a plan, guess we'll see what it is.

Yeah, I'm not sure either. Probably Dietzen but Wiscy should have an edge. Perhaps Petitbon but he's shorter and may project better to guard. Also Megginson although he's not as highly rated.

We've offered several other OTs so there must be some hangup but his size, location and rankings sure seem to make him someone we should be interested.

Yeah, I'm not sure either. Probably Dietzen but Wiscy should have an edge. Perhaps Petitbon but he's shorter and may project better to guard. Also Megginson although he's not as highly rated.

We've offered several other OTs so there must be some hangup but his size, location and rankings sure seem to make him someone we should be interested.

Maybe we are looking at a guy that could play OT/OG/C.....at 6'7 I don't think Schmidt could. We don't have much/any shot with Petitbon IMO. Megginson on the other hand is only 6'5 and has legit interest in us (suppose to visit sometime). Also Megginson is deciding early summer I believe so maybe if we don't get him we move on to Schmidt.

Maybe we are looking at a guy that could play OT/OG/C.....at 6'7 I don't think Schmidt could. We don't have much/any shot with Petitbon IMO. Megginson on the other hand is only 6'5 and has legit interest in us (suppose to visit sometime). Also Megginson is deciding early summer I believe so maybe if we don't get him we move on to Schmidt.

Where you got Decker fitting in with us?

Which guy is 6'7"? All that have been mentioned are listed at 6'4" or 6'5". I would also agree Ivey is #1, so the staff is probably looking to see how far they get with him. For me, Schmidt and Dietzen are #2a and #2b.

Which guy is 6'7"? All that have been mentioned are listed at 6'4" or 6'5". I would also agree Ivey is #1, so the staff is probably looking to see how far they get with him. For me, Schmidt and Dietzen are #2a and #2b.

Schmidt is 6'7. Read the 5 words after your bolded.

Ha! My bad. I was scratching my head thinking why a OG or C should be so tall.

Ha! My bad. I was scratching my head thinking why a OG or C should be so tall.

Haha noooooo!

I have read that the coaches want him to come to one of their camps so they can get a closer look at him and maybe offer then if they like what they see.

Yeah I think he is one those March/April offers earned at Camp that this staff likes to do. Will be interesting to see how interested he is if/when he gets that offer.