DE Darius Slade [Ohio State - Signed LOI]

"Urban Meyer came to my school today and offered me," Slade said. "It's Ohio State. It's a great program and they've done a lot of great things recently. It looks like that will continue in the future. I'm not going to say I'm going there but I'm opening up my recruitment.

"With Larry Johnson there, I think the world of him," he said. "He is like family to me. He has coached my cousin, Jared Odrick, and he has done great things for my family. I look forward to getting out there for a visit and seeing him."

tOSU it is.

It's just become funny anymore. Weak class and Slade was one of the few really good commits.

No clue what you're talking about. At all. So I'll do you a favor and tell you to shut up before you embarrass yourself.

You think this a strong class? We've got some decent players but it's a long way from being a big time class. Barely ranks in the top 40. Slade was one of the best commits we had. Nebraska should be doing much better.

You factor in that Harrison (MLB), Clinkscales (grades), and Darlington (brain injury) are all iffy and it looks weak.

• Fire 1

"Urban Meyer came to my school today and offered me," Slade said. "It's Ohio State. It's a great program and they've done a lot of great things recently. It looks like that will continue in the future. I'm not going to say I'm going there but I'm opening up my recruitment.

"With Larry Johnson there, I think the world of him," he said. "He is like family to me. He has coached my cousin, Jared Odrick, and he has done great things for my family. I look forward to getting out there for a visit and seeing him."

tOSU it is.

Would not be surprised at all if Urban bad-mouthed us. Sounds like Slade isn't even considering us now, which is very weird. It's down to OSU and MSU, but he'll probably choose OSU.

It's just become funny anymore. Weak class and Slade was one of the few really good commits.

No clue what you're talking about. At all. So I'll do you a favor and tell you to shut up before you embarrass yourself.

You think this a strong class? We've got some decent players but it's a long way from being a big time class. Barely ranks in the top 40. Slade was one of the best commits we had. Nebraska should be doing much better.

You factor in that Harrison (MLB), Clinkscales (grades), and Darlington (brain injury) are all iffy and it looks weak.

Wow. Defensive End was the place that we could afford to lose a recruit since we are still on the lists of other solid DEs. Clink has scoffed at the rumors about him not getting to campus because of academics and if Darlington was in trouble of not playing again we would have another QB in this class. I am excited about this class and I am excited to see how it fills out. What is with all of the downer Huskers fans these days. Not saying Slade wasn't an exciting recruit, because he is, but I would have ranked him 4th out of our D-line commits (most scouting sites would agree).

Clink has scoffed at the rumors about him not getting to campus because of academics and if Darlington was in trouble of not playing again we would have another QB in this class.

Clink definitely has a chance but he's still iffy. Sounds like the folks at Dodge are working with him which is fortunate for us. I've heard many Jucos say everything is OK academically only for them to not show up when camp starts.

Darlington suffered 3 concussions in the 3 month span. One gave him a stutter and another required him to be airlifted from the field. That's serious stuff and nobody is quite sure how he'll react to the next hit. Nebraska tried to get Gerhart as that 2nd QB fwiw.

every year we have a couple that hurt.. the ones we had then lost of course hurt more.... then the ones that came close....

i think we do pretty well with what we have but if we could up our recruiting just a BIT it would make a big difference

see ya later DS have fun playing for the weasel

Screeching-Weasel-logo.jpg