DE Darius Slade [Ohio State - Signed LOI]

Here's what I'm understanding about this situation.

Think he was wavering for a bit now and the coaches got wind of it(possibly Foster or Darlington said something to coaches after talking to him at Semper Fi game). So, coaches try to get feel for him and he's seeming kind of unsure so they say the hell with it and start offering other DEs so they don't get the shaft on NSD and just kind of tell him they feel it's best they both go their own ways.

Here's what I'm understanding about this situation.

Think he was wavering for a bit now and the coaches got wind of it(possibly Foster or Darlington said something to coaches after talking to him at Semper Fi game). So, coaches try to get feel for him and he's seeming kind of unsure so they say the hell with it and start offering other DEs so they don't get the shaft on NSD and just kind of tell him they feel it's best they both go their own ways.

Very possible. If this is the case that would mean the coaches were probably pretty comfortable with there chances with a couple of other DEs.

"Committed to Michigan State University," Slade said via text to SpartanTailgate. "I was a Spartan all along. That's home for me." "MSU were my family since day one," Slade added.

http://michiganstate...an-State-171896

Then why did you commit to Nebraska? Kids...

It's things like this that caused me to really get away from paying attention to recruiting a few years ago. Kids are really wishy washy these days it seems...............

"Committed to Michigan State University," Slade said via text to SpartanTailgate. "I was a Spartan all along. That's home for me." "MSU were my family since day one," Slade added.

http://michiganstate...an-State-171896

Then why did you commit to Nebraska? Kids...

It's things like this that caused me to really get away from paying attention to recruiting a few years ago. Kids are really wishy washy these days it seems...............

They've always been that way - you just notice more because you're older and the internet shows more of it.

The de-commit is a good thing. Looks like he took our offer as insurance. Rather have him leave now than stink up the locker room karma for a year then leave.

I'll guess he takes(retakes) last minute offer from the Weasel, and after said weasel finds someone with an additional star next year, he figures out he'll be stuck on 2nd half KO returns till he's a senior. Then he'll take what's left of his eligibility back home to Rutgers (cuz that's what Momma wanted all along). The grass will always be greener on the other side of the fence for this kid no matter what side he's on.

The de-commit is a good thing. Looks like he took our offer as insurance. Rather have him leave now than stink up the locker room karma for a year then leave.

I'll guess he takes(retakes) last minute offer from the Weasel, and after said weasel finds someone with an additional star next year, he figures out he'll be stuck on 2nd half KO returns till he's a senior. Then he'll take what's left of his eligibility back home to Rutgers (cuz that's what Momma wanted all along). The grass will always be greener on the other side of the fence for this kid no matter what side he's on.

IDK, I don't see him playing special teams at all. The kid has the raw talent to be a first year, or at least a 2nd year/RSF starter. He has the build and athleticism. I wouldn't go as far as taking shots at that as I would his lack of loyalty. Kids like him usually ruin it for themselves. I honestly wish the best of luck to him, but with what I have read so far, I am not upset about this at all.