Content – Encouraged – Disappointed - Outraged

TAKODA

Content – Encouraged – Disappointed - Outraged

OK guys; with Illinois game coming up in 1 day 23 hours and 41 minutes, what results will have you fall into the categories I listed:

I will start by saying;

I will be content if we win by 14+ and have a solid showing on the “D” side of the ball.

I will be encouraged if we win by 24+, limit Illinois to less than 350 total yards and we hold them to 3 score or less.

I will be disappointed if we win by a very slim margin and or we show zero improvement and continue the same ole song we have become accustom too!

I will be outraged if we drop this game period but more-so in an ugly fashion!

Content - Nebraska wins going away, 49-14. Armstrong looks great in the offense, but more importantly the defense holds Illinois under 300 yards and forces a couple turnovers.

Encouraged - Nebraska wins a solid 38-21 type game where Illinois doesn't hit 400 yards.

(insert what I expect to happen right here)

Disappointed - Defense struggles and we have to outscore them 42-38.

Outraged - I think everyone can guess what goes here.

• Fire 1

The team isn't at a point where we can start demanding that they win by a certain margin. Just win the game and move on.

I can respect this comment as well as those who say content/encouraged with a win and disappointed/outraged with a loss, however the only reason I put those points in there from my perspective is (perception value), I am not a bettor. I know transitive property values have no place in actually saying our team is better than X, none the less it is used by pollsters and media to gauge that perception, thus Washington beat Illinois by the score of 34 to 24 earlier this year at Soldier field.

Ultimately I just want to see improvement and of course a win. As a point of reference, I think back to the Wyoming win and was happy with the win but was disappointed in the totality of the performance!

I just wanna see progress. Progress progress progress. We could win 35-28 style, but my thoughts coming out of such are dependant on how we play. That may look bad, but what if the offense turns it over 3 times putting our D in very bad spots, and aside from those situations, played very well overall, and the offense still scores 35 points, I would very encouraged.

To me, the days of putting a limit on yards and points are long gone, becuase it is so dependent on how the game is played. I just wanna see a defense that is passionate and plays well and shows progress-UCLAfirsthalf style. If that happens, the scoreboard result will take care of itself.

Lastly. Sorry I didnt follow the rules. :D

I just wanna see progress. Progress progress progress. We could win 35-28 style, but my thoughts coming out of such are dependant on how we play. That may look bad, but what if the offense turns it over 3 times putting our D in very bad spots, and aside from those situations, played very well overall, and the offense still scores 35 points, I would very encouraged.

To me, the days of putting a limit on yards and points are long gone, becuase it is so dependent on how the game is played. I just wanna see a defense that is passionate and plays well and shows progress-UCLAfirsthalf style. If that happens, the scoreboard result will take care of itself.

Mr. Accountability; there were no rules just categories and your comments are on point :worship . I guess I probably should have asked the question without specifics but I thought that since many posters have been so specific in there likes and dislikes of team, schemes, effort, players and coaching, that this would allow them to bracket what it is they feel would be considered positive, negative or status quo going forward. Believe me; we walk away from this with a win, I will feel good for another week and have higher expectations again next week in hopes to break the 15 year old hiatus we have been stuck with.

Mr. Accountability; there were no rules just categories and your comments are on point :worship . I guess I probably should have asked the question without specifics but I thought that since many posters have been so specific in there likes and dislikes of team, schemes, effort, players and coaching, that this would allow them to bracket what it is they feel would be considered positive, negative or status quo going forward. Believe me; we walk away from this with a win, I will feel good :koolaid2: for another week and have higher expectations again next week in hopes to break the 15 year old hiatus we have been stuck with.

Edited by TAKODA

Content- Can't get there from here in one game.

Encouraged- Very well played solid win with noticeable improvements in offensive play calling and defensive aggressiveness.

Disappointed- Sloppy play, penalties, turnovers, no noticeable improvements. Could range from a slight victory to a blowout loss.

Outraged- Won't happen, I no longer have any illusions to be shattered.

Progress on both sides of the ball. And a W. that's all I need. I'm not expecting miracles, but I expect this defense to look like they have learned a thing or two over the last couple weeks. Period.

Offensively, I'm on the Tommy Armstrong bandwagon so I think this offense is gonna light sh#t up! Beck can be multiple or he can simplify, either way I think Tommy can take the reins and make it look good. I'd prefer we stick to what works though. Similar to the last game we saw him.