So much BS. I hate the horns.

The 2nd fumble was recovered by Texas, but the call on the first fumble was terrible.

I was surprised it wasn't reviewed. Never did see who recovered it but if Texas did, it obviously didn't matter.

It was clearly a fumble as the RB was reaching for the goal line with the ball. Then the Texas RB and Iowa State LB were both wrestling for the ball, and the Texas RB ended up with it.

It's way more than coincidental incompetence.

It's systemic:

TTU in Austin ('09 I think) when leach went off on XII and its officials... (crystal crew, not surprising)

NU in XII championship game - the magical '1 sec' that got added to the clock..

A&M 2011 - PI on hunter (3rd and long... critical play)

OSU 2012 - TD even though he didn't have the ball

ISU 2013 - clear fumble... and clear recovery... oh but wait not fumble.

In regards to the 2009 CCG, I still dont believe we were screwed. We really screwed ourselves by putting ourselves in that situation with back to back boneheaded plays when the game was all but dun. There was legitimately one second left. They did the right thing by putting it back up. They did the same for us on Jan 1, 1994. Whether or not the rules allowed for it, that's a whole other debateable can of worms that's been hammered to death. What really pisses me off and aggrevates the hell out of me that night is if you complete flip the tables and we're the ones needing a field goal to win, do they put that second back up for Nebraska? If you answer subjectively without blinders, your answer will be no. The game would be over. Congrats Texas. Sorry Nebraska, you screwed up.

As much as I hate Texas and don't disagree they've got a huge bias advantage...

Am I the only one that did not think that fumble call was proper?

The booth would need indisputable video evidence to overturn, and you can't see the ball from any of those angles. You can only see the Iowa State player's back. Yeah, I think it is obvious the ball was out, but the replay official can't go on obvious - he has to go on proof.

In regards to the 2009 CCG, I still dont believe we were screwed. We really screwed ourselves by putting ourselves in that situation with back to back boneheaded plays when the game was all but dun. There was legitimately one second left. They did the right thing by putting it back up. They did the same for us on Jan 1, 1994. Whether or not the rules allowed for it, that's a whole other debateable can of worms that's been hammered to death. What really pisses me off and aggrevates the hell out of me that night is if you complete flip the tables and we're the ones needing a field goal to win, do they put that second back up for Nebraska? If you answer subjectively without blinders, your answer will be no. The game would be over. Congrats Texas. Sorry Nebraska, you screwed up.

Only problem with this is that the clock had been allowed to leak time all game long on incomplete passes. Instead of being consistent with how the officials were 'managing' the clock prior, they decided to be inconsistent and allow a second back on the clock that would have expired otherwise, thus creating a specialized exception for Texass.

If the officials had been on top of the clock, adding seconds back on as they slid off on incomplete passes all game long, then I would have absolutely no problems with what you said above, as the officials would be acting consistently.

As it were, If the officials wanted to add that :01 back, they had something like another :50 to add back from that half alone IIRC (someone went through back then and added up all the time that leaked off...it was something like 1:30 or so for the entire game).

What makes that :01 more special than the other ~:49 that leaked off? Oh yeah, Texass desperately needed it to beat half a Nebraska team.

Seriously? THAT'S what you bring to this thread?

Not that the B12 just "warned" the texas receiver or the reprimand they issued to Coach Roades?

It's the bottom of the pile shenanigans from a game years ago you are concerned with? Get back to me when PINCHING SOMEONE could potentially be a year or career ending injury.