Well wishes for Martinez

Junior

And no one really gives a sh#t Bucky about ball or Wilson. Sorry had to say it

The NFL does.

A league Martinez probably won't see.

Who gives a damn about the NFL. The NFL means nothing to good college QB's. By your logic Frazier, Frost and Crouch were all inferior college players than Ball because they didn't excel or make it to or in the NFL. Such a stupid argument. Are we really going to say that Billy Joe Tolliver was a better college QB than any of those guys because he started in the NFL?

All I know is that Martinez has played his heart out for his entire career, took way more punishment and abuse (from the fans) than any player deserves and it is total BS. The guy has done nothing but command respect. Martinez is THE QB for Nebraska and when he comes back that position will be rightfully his. He's not perfect by Martinez is a very good quarterback and one that has already led this team to 2 conference championships. And when he comes back I will definitely cheer as LOUD as I possibly can for him because he has done nothing but EARN the respect of everyone thanks to his heart and commitment to Nebraska.

And unlike a lot of fans, he never gave up.

GO BIG RED!

• Fire 1

My logic is three B1G championships and one of the best RB careers in CFB history for Ball. Wilson was also just a tremendous athlete. Nebraska fans absolutely should, or should have, cared about the two sine you all are supposed to be so knowledgable about the game. Hell, even I care about players on other teams, hence my being here, and I'm just a lowly ES/FU Wisconsin fan.

The NFL thing was just a quick quip. No Wisconsin fan ever should brag about our skill position players' resumes in the Pros.

• Fire 2

Maybe it's just word choice that I'm having issues with but let me reiterate, Taylor did not give Wisconsin "fits".

Lets look at the game record:

- Game 3: One big rushing play for 76 yards in the first quarter and ~40 throwaway yards in the fourth quarter when Wisconsin had already won handily. He got himself sacked six times, threw two interceptions and fumbled twice losing one of them. Wisconsin won by 39 points.

- Game 2: Same as game three, rushing yards came in two big chunks: 20 & 38 yards, ho hum...fumbled three times. Did he take part in the comeback? Sure. Was he instrumental in it? For one drive yes, Ameer for another and Rex/Ameer for the third and after all of that he didn't even win the game, your kicker did...all of this was at home, at night, with the Huskers coming off back-to-back huge wins over no-names and Nebraska won by 3 points.

- Game 1: He chugged along in little ~5 yard chunks for 61 Yards and a TD. Just another running back really. Threw three INTs Wisconsin won by 31 points.

I am just going to respond to your points on Martinez.

Game three. We all know what happened in game three and to blame Martinez for a loss in that game is absolutely ridiculous. HOWEVER, he put up those numbers. So what if they came in big chunks? The same can really be said about Monte Ball's numbers against us!!!!!!!!!!!!! You cannot discredit what he did on that play at all. I think that play would have been the definition of a fit. Chris Borland sure agreed at Big Ten Media days.

Game Two. Again you use the argument that he got his yards on two big plays. SO WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?! So how many big plays does he have to make before you admit that he's tough to defend and as Chris Borlan put it at Big Ten Media Days "He's a nightmare to prepare for." The fact of the matter is that he made the plays. You dont get to take those plays out just like you don't get to take turnovers out. You can say "We needed to do a better job of (fill in the blank)," but again I say it, he made the plays.

Game One. Sophomore TMart making some very poor decisions that really ended that game before halftime. I'll give you that absolutely.

My logic is three B1G championships and one of the best RB careers in CFB history for Ball. Wilson was also just a tremendous athlete. Nebraska fans absolutely should, or should have, cared about the two sine you all are supposed to be so knowledgable about the game. Hell, even I care about players on other teams, hence my being here, and I'm just a lowly ES/FU Wisconsin fan.

The NFL thing was just a quick quip. No Wisconsin fan ever should brag about our skill position players' resumes in the Pros.

Russell Wilson was a really good football player that is absolutely killing it in the pros. I was at GameDay in Madison when they did their special on him before the predictions and every Husker fan I was near clapped. We appreciate good stories and good football players. Monte Ball was also a great football player and I feel his records will never be touched by anyone at Wisconsin again. Not because you guys wont have another running back that good, but because it appears Anderson is utilizing (accept against tOSU. I thought he should have pounded the rock on their substandard linebackers) his stable a lot better than BB did.

However, Russell Wilson was a tremedous talent that you guys lucked into. In no way shape or form should the University of Wisconsin claim any part of his development as he only spent one year there. That team was your best chance to win a Natty in a long time and it was gone with two dumbass blown coverages against a beaten down tOSU team and a Michigan State team that had no business even being close.

Just a quib back at your NFL jab, Nebraska has three QBs that would all start at Wisconsin. The previous staff recruited that position very poorly.

1. Fits. Plural. As in more than one. He had A big play. Applause, clap clap clap. That sure helped his team a lot, turnovers not withstanding. Braxton gave Wisconsin fits. Martinez not so much.

2. I never blamed Martinez for your losses. He was a part of it but your defenses have had more to do with it.

• Fire 3

Russell Wilson was a really good football player that is absolutely killing it in the pros. I was at GameDay in Madison when they did their special on him before the predictions and every Husker fan I was near clapped. We appreciate good stories and good football players. Monte Ball was also a great football player and I feel his records will never be touched by anyone at Wisconsin again. Not because you guys wont have another running back that good, but because it appears Anderson is utilizing (accept against tOSU. I thought he should have pounded the rock on their substandard linebackers) his stable a lot better than BB did.

However, Russell Wilson was a tremedous talent that you guys lucked into. In no way shape or form should the University of Wisconsin claim any part of his development as he only spent one year there. That team was your best chance to win a Natty in a long time and it was gone with two dumbass blown coverages against a beaten down tOSU team and a Michigan State team that had no business even being close.

Just a quib back at your NFL jab, Nebraska has three QBs that would all start at Wisconsin. The previous staff recruited that position very poorly.

1. We can't claim Russell? He may not be starting in the NFL today if not for his coming to Wisconsin and playing behind our Line with Ball as backup. His passer rating soared 64 points at UW after dropping 20 points at NCSU from his sophomore season. That, combined with the national attention he got at UW fueled his draft hype..something he wouldn't have gotten at '11 AU or NCSU. He continues to back UW football for a reason.

2. '11 was our best chance at winning an NC in a long time? Such liberal use of the written word on such a debatable subject: Wisconsin teams from 06 and 10 both put together more impressive campaigns than '11 and were loaded with talent.

3. Meh, so you have QBs that are better than Stave? That really burns. One might reverse the trade with UW's RBs. previous staff not recruiting that position well?...just further proof you don't know much about Wisconsin football if you make a statement like that. Hahaha I am SO pissed that BB wrecked Badger tradition and didn't recruit amazing 5* QBs...such a failure in recruiting...

Let's get back to the original argument and the thread though, Martinez was a good but not great QB. He had some great plays and games and some not so great plays and games. He was not a legend and he was not a dud. He put together some good seasons, hell even great seasons at schools other than Nebraska, but couldn't get over certain humps...something that wasn't entirely his fault. It is what it is. Best of luck to him.

• Fire 2

Let's get back to the original argument and the thread though, Martinez was a good but not great QB. He had some great plays and games and some not so great plays and games. He was not a legend and he was not a dud. He put together some good seasons, hell even great seasons at schools other than Nebraska, but couldn't get over certain humps...something that wasn't entirely his fault. It is what it is. Best of luck to him.

I think a Martinez vs Wisky thread would be interesting, especially with Badger fans like Bucky contributing. However, this thread is meant as the title implies to wish Martinez well.

Hate to see Martinez sitting out his senior year. Still, hope he takes the time to comeback 100% so he can become the duel-threat, big play maker he has been.

Edited by zoogies
trim quote

1. We can't claim Russell? He may not be starting in the NFL today if not for his coming to Wisconsin and playing behind our Line with Ball as backup. His passer rating soared 64 points at UW after dropping 20 points at NCSU from his sophomore season. That, combined with the national attention he got at UW fueled his draft hype..something he wouldn't have gotten at '11 AU or NCSU. He continues to back UW football for a reason.

2. '11 was our best chance at winning an NC in a long time? Such liberal use of the written word on such a debatable subject: Wisconsin teams from 06 and 10 both put together more impressive campaigns than '11 and were loaded with talent.

3. Meh, so you have QBs that are better than Stave? That really burns. One might reverse the trade with UW's RBs. previous staff not recruiting that position well?...just further proof you don't know much about Wisconsin football if you make a statement like that. Hahaha I am SO pissed that BB wrecked Badger tradition and didn't recruit amazing 5* QBs...such a failure in recruiting..

So you are claiming that Russell Wilson doesn't get drafted to the SeaHawks and beat out a free agent that they paid a ton of money to (Matt Flynn) if it wasn't for The University of Wisconsin? No idea that they were that good at developing QB talent in less than an off-season there. Stave should be additional proof right? How long has he been there? Could his passer rating be that much better because he had more talent at Wisconsin than he did at NC State like you claim? Absolutely. But didn't Glennon (or whatever) get drafted in a simular spot to Wilson this past draft without the benefit of talent around him? No way in hell can you credit Russell Wilson's development to around 6 months? in Madison.

Yes. The combination of your OL, Monte Ball, Russell Wilson (a talent you guys have never had the luxary of having), Toon, and Abbre-what-the-hell-ever, I don't think I'd be too far off base. Especially with the year that the conference was having. You guys were literally two plays away from being undefeated in conference. In 2011 had you guys been undefeated you would have gotten a shot to play LSU for the title. Now that I think about it, you guys should be kicking yourselves for not getting it done in 2011 and getting a chance to play for a title like we should be for 2010. Had your guys defended the Hail Mary a tad better, you go undefeated and avoid playing Alabama in the title game if you recall correctly. That is why I said what I said.

Don't really know where you are going with this next point. Fact of the matter is that you can't catch lightening in a bottle every year with a player like Russell Wilson and Wisconsin has recruited the position very poorly. Ron Kellogg would start at Wisconsin and with him under center you guys have a good chance to beat tOSU.

TMart hasn't exactly been a Badger killer like Chipper Jones was a Mets killer, but to claim that you guys have shut him down would be false. Your All-Big Ten linebacker agrees that he isn't fun to play or gameplan for.