**** What Did We Learn ****

Talk to any QB coach and ask him if the QB is supposed to check the alignment- see if the formation is correct, that is QB 101 stuff- not debateable

You see QBs every week motioning players to get on or off the LOS

There is almost ALWAYS enough time to get a play off, no matter how late it comes in. THe QB must know the clock, hurry up and not go through all his reads when there is only 5 seconds left etc- very very basic stuff especially for teams that run no huddle and hurry up

Ive yet to see plays coming in so late that couldnt have been run without a delay

You dont know the rudimentary basics- tough having any type of meaningful dialogue

You dont know the rudimentary basics- tough having any type of meaningful dialogue

I love reading threads in which people can talk about schemes and strategies and components of the game that I don't know as much about. I don't know X's and O's very well, and it's enlightening to read some of this stuff on Huskerboard and actually learn something.

But when you keep throwing out the "I know more football than you" and "I watch more film than you" in so many threads and give a dismissal of "tough having any type of meaningful dialogue," you no longer come off as an intelligent student of the game, you come off as a condescending douchebag.

imo

• Fire 6

When someone tries to come off as knowing a lot and lecturing like they are some type of expert, but dont know even the bare basics- I had to call him out

Like someone trying to talk about calculus, but not knowing that 10 comes after 9, its really that basic- QB getting the team aligned on/off. Thats 3rd grade YMCA football stuff that all college QBs do, well almost all, the good ones do. BTW I said I didnt watch much NU film, I think Mav was the one who claimed hes watching all the NU film.

The QB ALSO has to make sure the alingment is correct and we have at least 7 on the LOS - The QB SHOULD check on this but he has a lot more to do - find the defensive alignment and determine the scheme, watch the play clock, make any audibles or adjustments - than to make sure other guys are doing their very basic job. That's on the receivers

Talk to any QB coach and ask him if the QB is supposed to check the alignment- see if the formation is correct, that is QB 101 stuff- not debateable

Is there a difference between "should check" and "supposed to check"? Otherwise you said exactly the same thing I did (this time).

When someone tries to come off as knowing a lot and lecturing like they are some type of expert, but dont know even the bare basics- I had to call him out

Like someone trying to talk about calculus, but not knowing that 10 comes after 9, its really that basic- QB getting the team aligned on/off. Thats 3rd grade YMCA football stuff that all college QBs do, well almost all, the good ones do. BTW I said I didnt watch much NU film, I think Mav was the one who claimed hes watching all the NU film.

You really DONT HAVE to tell anybody they are wrong. A simple I see it another way would suffice. Its one thing to correct people. Its another to then go on and on about your level of prestige and how basic stuff is that they are wrong about and should understand. Manners go a long way.

• Fire 1

The QB ALSO has to make sure the alingment is correct and we have at least 7 on the LOS - The QB SHOULD check on this but he has a lot more to do - find the defensive alignment and determine the scheme, watch the play clock, make any audibles or adjustments - than to make sure other guys are doing their very basic job. That's on the receivers

Is there a difference between "should check" and "supposed to check"? Otherwise you said exactly the same thing I did (this time).

You know what you implied. "should check but a lot more to do" means its optional

Its not optional-

Pointless trying to help you, you dont want to be helped and dont seem to be willing to gain new perespective or insight

Carry on I wont bother responding, pointless. Like teaching TM the speed option, no matter how well intentioned or amt of time put in, it just isnt happening LOL

You know what you implied. "should check but a lot more to do" means its optional

Its not optional-

Pointless trying to help you, you dont want to be helped and dont seem to be willing to gain new perespective or insight

Carry on I wont bother responding, pointless. Like teaching TM the speed option, no matter how well intentioned or amt of time put in, it just isnt happening LOL

Dude, chillax, You aren't the only person who knows how things work.

As I said, the QB should check on it. However, that doesn't make it the QBs fault if someone lines up incorrectly. You're telling me if the WR doesn't get up on the line and gets flagged that the coach is going to go chew out the QB and not the WR?

Its not optional-

Dude, chillax, You aren't the only person who knows how things work.

As I said, the QB should check on it. However, that doesn't make it the QBs fault if someone lines up incorrectly. You're telling me if the WR doesn't get up on the line and gets flagged that the coach is going to go chew out the QB and not the WR?

In real live college FB in the film room, both are getting the business- GUARANTEED, 100% positive

No more questions answered- this is SO BASIC- not debateable, 2+2= 4 stuff and Im being kind. Like debating that the sun doesnt set in the west- real waste of time

Its not optional- like you said in your post, but stick with that one though it serves you well

I am going to disagree that it is mostly the QB's responsibility on a alignment. I coached passing game and WR for about 10 years straight and if my wide outs got busted for being on or off and got a penalty I wasn't chewing out the QB's ars. The receivers need to know where they are lining up. Will a QB direct traffic sometimes, sure but it ultimately falls on their heads to know where to be.

Sigh.......

I learned there is no pleasing some people. I learned we have some simple mistakes to fix. And I learned what I reary knew, this Defense has soome true potential.

I'm not so sure if fans on here think that the defense doesn't have potential. I think that they think that the coaches have no potential. Just an observation.