**** What Did We Learn ****

But rather than look at that, people feel it's more important (cooler? more "realistic?") to point out the flaws. Our championship defenses had flaws. The 2009 defense had flaws.

when i am critical of the defense it is because i see that it can be better, it still has a lot of upside. not because i want them to fail or think they are terrible as a unit. i am critical because i am an optimist and see that they can be better if they fix these fixable issues (which are worth discussing, imo).

i think a lot of us "complaining" about the defense feel that way.

Absolutely. Amen.

What happened to Cross for the 1st three quarters?

Ameer was having a career game. Why stop his momentum.

I didn't get to watch the game, but I saw stats of approximately 8 carries for 15 yards with 2 fumbles, one fumble lost and a safety. I wasn't referring to lack of carries, but an uncharacteristically bad performance. I was wondering if he injured a hand or arm.

Is there any news on Turner's injury?

He just had a bad day. Although, that ol' zone-read backed up in our own endzone. . . :facepalm:

i thought it was weird he was in the backfield for those plays. i know he is good to get a push and help get some breathing space. but he is the short yardage back. ameer is better at creating space and could have really broken it open. i know this seems like hindsight, but that was my thought process when i saw him back there when we were so backed up. i get the logic of having him just give us a push, but i thought ameer would have been better back there in that spot.

He just had a bad day. Although, that ol' zone-read backed up in our own endzone. . . :facepalm:

i thought it was weird he was in the backfield for those plays. i know he is good to get a push and help get some breathing space. but he is the short yardage back. ameer is better at creating space and could have really broken it open. i know this seems like hindsight, but that was my thought process when i saw him back there when we were so backed up. i get the logic of having him just give us a push, but i thought ameer would have been better back there in that spot.

Agreed. But if Carter even gets in the defenders way, Cross runs for at least 10 yards before he's touched.

Ya, a zone-read, especially with a pounder back is a questionable call. Doesn't excuse taking that safety though. That is horrible field awareness.

• Fire 1