Afalava

mwj98

I think Santos is playing way out of his natural position when he plays MIKE. Id like him either at Sam or Buck.

Agreed. But I'm afraid his lack of quickness will limit his play there to when we can play a true 4-3.

I think he is hesitant more than he is anything. That could be why he appears slow.

He's hesitant attacking running plays, which makes it tough at MIKE. He's slow trying to cover pass routes, which is why I don't think he's a good fit at SAM or BUCK against spread teams.

I came away from the game Saturday excited about the step our LBs could take in the next couple weeks. When you factor in Afalava, Rose, ZA (the more healthy he gets) and also in clude Santos, I think we have a good core here that can produce results if they can gain confidence and experience playing together. Then you trickle in some Banderas and Gerry getting them more experience.

We have a core of LBs that I think could be very good.

I think Santos is playing way out of his natural position when he plays MIKE. Id like him either at Sam or Buck.

Agreed. But I'm afraid his lack of quickness will limit his play there to when we can play a true 4-3.

I think he is hesitant more than he is anything. That could be why he appears slow.

He's hesitant attacking running plays, which makes it tough at MIKE. He's slow trying to cover pass routes, which is why I don't think he's a good fit at SAM or BUCK against spread teams.

+1......He's thinking too much

+1......He's thinking too much

With all due respect, that was his first game ever in a Husker uniform. He seemed to settle in after Bo lit him up a little. Let's see how things go against Purdue.

Those LB's are so young....pups....we have the opportunity to be very, very good on defense in the very near future. Gonna have some growing pains, no doubt.

Nope , no growing pains. I'm tired of the youth excuse. No excuses anymore, other big name schools have freshman playing at a very high level. It comes down to coaching, and of course freakish athletic ability, which we have all over the place with the young guns we have right now

Those LB's are so young....pups....we have the opportunity to be very, very good on defense in the very near future. Gonna have some growing pains, no doubt.

Nope , no growing pains. I'm tired of the youth excuse. No excuses anymore, other big name schools have freshman playing at a very high level. It comes down to coaching, and of course freakish athletic ability, which we have all over the place with the young guns we have right now

Please, note me one other program in the nation that has 5-6 freshman/redshirt freshman occuping spots in the front 7 more times than not. Sure, they have some freshman, but we're putting a lot of them out there, at once, on numerous occasions.