A big thank you to Taylor Martinez!

This may deserve, or may not deserve to have its own thread, but here we go...

Since the SDSU game, Tommy Armstrong has pretty much been the most talked about on the offensive side of the ball. Congrats to him, his dedication and hard work to the University of Nebraska. He has more than deserved the starting job after Taylor.

While he is getting a lot of talk, there is also a lot of other talk. Talk that I don't care for. Not because I am a Martinez supporter, but because I stand behind every student that wears the "N" on their helmet. Its honestly sickening on some of the things you read from our fans about this kid. Those fans should be embarrassed of themselves, because when I read those comments, I am embarrassed to be a fan. I understand if you don't think Taylor is the best option at QB, but why not just leave it at that, rather than putting him down, via social networks? Way to kick a player while he is down!

I personally want to thank Taylor for his hard work, leadership, the blood, sweat and tears he has poured into this program. Not only that, but he is a standup guy off the field. He continues to help bring awareness (as well as other players) to Team Jack, and does hospital visits when he has the time. I really hope he comes back strong and 100%. I hope he competes at the highest level possible and leaves with an image. HE more than deserves the respect from the fans, and this is HIS offense. Without Taylor, I strongly believe we wouldn't have had the record we had last year. He is the biggest reason for those come back wins.

Again, thank you Taylor for everything, and I, personally, am proud to have you as a Husker.

Great post. Completely agree.

Thanks Taylor!

/ and here we go again. LOL

I am hoping this doesn't turn into a Taylor hate sh#tfest. People need to realize that he is a young man, who has done more than any of us could have thought. A converted WR (athlete) breaking a TON of records. Who cares if he has had 4 years to do it, but when you look at it, he has only been healthy for a season and a half, all put together.

When this team needed him the most last year, he came through. He isn't perfect, but he is a Husker, young man who is going to make mistakes, as he isn't a "true" QB. No arguing that, but he earned the position and has done exceptionally well, for having little experience at that position before he got here.

Thanks Nick I needed that. I was just setting down to type a post about how I was losing interest, how I felt we were not the fans we are supposed to be. Getting down on the kids is just wrong, want some one else to start I understand, but attacking them for doing the best they can still makes me sick. Taylor is a great kid, not impressed with himself, gives everything he has at all times. He is what being a Husker is about to me. Maybe not the best, but not because of lack of effort.

I do not frequent the board as much, honestly it has become kind of depressing. I want this team to win as badly as anyone, but I see limitations that have not been surpassed as of yet. I can not understand how one day we are so far away, and then the next it is the Rose Bowl. Unrealistic comes to mind. How we can even think about bowls games and where we belong amazes me.

Thanks to Taylor for sure, but thanks Nick, and I hope it stays positive.

• Fire 2

The kid runs the zone read option better than anyone I've ever seen. His speed is at an Eric Crouch level or better, and that's saying a lot. The extra work in the off season trying to develop your passing game is something nobody should overlook. It's that commitment, that willingness to put in the extra work that defines being a Husker. Though the turf toe injury came during what I thought was going to be a hell of a senior season, I hope you heal up fully and are able to take the next step in your career. Whether that be football or otherwise, but with you speed and athleticism, I believe you could find a way into an NFL roster someday. Good luck to you young man.

I'm reminded of the news I heard yesterday that angry Texans fans showed up at Matt Schaub's home to let him know how they felt about his poor play for the last few weeks. Sometimes, fans take their frustrations too far.

I think a lot of that has happened to TM, just not to the same degree as someone showing up where he lives to complain (at least, not to my knowledge). I'll always be proud he was a Husker. I can still remember that first game against FAU, watching him tuck down and score from 40+ yards out. We were all so excited about what he could do, and personally, I think he lived up to those expectations. He has yet to win the big one, and does have some turnover problems, but... for better or for worse, he's been an amazing show to watch.