What we do Best/Worst

Redux

I'd agree w/ you on the RBs, and with the exception of this year Bo has a stellar track record of developing NFL caliber CBs. We should be able to recruit those two positions with little effort. I'd also throw in Bo's evaluation/recruitment of JUCO players. If you look back at our top players over the last 5 years most of the big names were JUCO transfers. Very few of them didn't end up starters, with most being stars.

I think our biggest weakness in the last few years has been roster management. Oversigning 3-4 guys a year brings in an entire extra recruiting class every 5 years. Undersigning be 3-4 a year has an equally negative impact. We see it when we play top teams.

SJB is an NFL corner.

Bo will never over sign purposely and I stand by him there.

I'd agree w/ you on the RBs, and with the exception of this year Bo has a stellar track record of developing NFL caliber CBs. We should be able to recruit those two positions with little effort. I'd also throw in Bo's evaluation/recruitment of JUCO players. If you look back at our top players over the last 5 years most of the big names were JUCO transfers. Very few of them didn't end up starters, with most being stars.

I think our biggest weakness in the last few years has been roster management. Oversigning 3-4 guys a year brings in an entire extra recruiting class every 5 years. Undersigning be 3-4 a year has an equally negative impact. We see it when we play top teams.

SJB not an NFL caliber CB?

yep

didn't a aready

Sweet posts bro

Yeah I have been editing them right now. I took a full zanny bar and had know clue what i was writing. . Zanny posting is worse than drunk posting for sure. I made know sense

yep

fixing the last two. SBJ is NFL all the way

Sweet posts bro

Yeah I have been editing them right now. I took a full zanny bar and had know clue what i was writing. . Zanny posting is worse than drunk posting for sure. I made know sense

Last one I had to edit. I will never post on zanny ever again. stuff knocked me on my butt

fixing the last two. SBJ is NFL all the way

Sweet posts bro

SJB is an NFL corner.

Bo will never over sign purposely and I stand by him there.

SJB will play in the NFL - but he's not at the level of Prince, Gomes, Dennard, etc IMO. He's playing purely on raw talent still. He's gotten burned quite a few times this year. If he had another year or two he'd be great...and I think plenty of NFL teams will see the potential and pick him up in the 4th-6th. When you go back and watch the Purdue game watch SJB defend the 24 yard pass about 90 seconds into the 2nd quarter. He looked silly. That was 6 if Green didn't come over to make the open field tackle. SJB was 10 yards behind after 20 yards of that receivers route. Turned wrong way entirely. I've seen him do that a number of times this year.

Evan's (who my comment was more directed at) has hardly progressed beyond his freshman year. Throw Green and Mitchel in there as well.

And I agree w/ you on the oversigning...but Bo is 3-4 short every year. That's huge.

• Fire 2

And I agree w/ you on the oversigning...but Bo is 3-4 short every year. That's huge.

Maybe. Maybe not. Saying he's 3-4 short every year could be a little misleading; it's not like we're 12-16 short over a four year period.

If we were turning down four star players just to save a few spots it would be one thing. But a lot of people claim we're not getting very good recruits anyway, so why would we want 3-4 at the bottom end? :sarcasm Seriously, though. If we had enough guys wanting to come here, I'd be more worried. As it is, I don't think it's that bad to have a couple spots for guys who are already here and contributing. We gave out seven this year and all of them are on the field regularly. That's a much better percentage than anyone's recruits.

• Fire 1