Our defense against Purdue

Hayseed

I wondered this myself, if our defense got that much better or it was just more us beating up on statues. But I am just a fan so optimistically I will say go Bo, the new and improve defense will hold Braxton to -30 yards rushing. We might give up 300 yards passing but it's the small things in life.

Our defense today did exactly what youre supposed to do to a bad team. They had less than 200 yards and 0 points prior to that fluke, whatever the hell it was td pass. You find me one defensive performance in all of college football that was as statistically dominant as this one. Find me one.

I'm just not going to try that hard to ruin the enjoyment I got out of watching my Huskers play well today. You, as always, are free to find such a statistic if you deem it worth your time. What I'm saying is there's a chance you're negativity detector is miscalibrated and you're finding it where none exists. I'm as positive about the program as the next guy but even I wondered about that same question. Anyone following the program since Bo's tenure began knows we dominate the statue and sometimes get whipped by the mobile QB. I thought it was like psuedo-science at this point, lol...

He even said he doesn't know what this means for next week. It's not like he predicted they would score 71 points on us. That's why I'm telling you to lighten up.

This needed its own thread.

Well yeah, will this great performance carry over against a mobile qb or will it be more of the 500 yard games.....in your opinion? Oh yeah, I suppose I should reiterate that they played great today but I still have no idea if what they did will have any effect against an Ohio State team with a mobile qb and accurate passer. I'd like to think we're making great strides, but who knows?

We did what we usually do against a slow stationary quarterback. Every aspect of the defense looked better today. What does it mean when we play against a Braxton Miller? I got nothing.

This didn't need it's own thread, but I'm guessing it will all have to do with how the opposing offense looks. Against "explosive offenses", we've had one good performance [illinois] and a few bad performances [uCLA, Wyoming]. It'll be interesting to see what we do against Minnesota, but I'm hoping that we carry this new found mentality into November.

• Fire 1

We did what we usually do against a slow stationary quarterback. Every aspect of the defense looked better today. What does it mean when we play against a Braxton Miller? I got nothing.

This didn't need it's own thread, but I'm guessing it will all have to do with how the opposing offense looks. Against "explosive offenses", we've had one good performance [illinois] and a few bad performances [uCLA, Wyoming]. It'll be interesting to see what we do against Minnesota, but I'm hoping that we carry this new found mentality into November.

Minn can't pass to save their lives right now. Very one dimensional. NW will be the next real test for the defense. But overall UCLA was the best offense on the schedule this year, and its not that close.

Our defense today did exactly what youre supposed to do to a bad team. They had less than 200 yards and 0 points prior to that fluke, whatever the hell it was td pass. You find me one defensive performance in all of college football that was as statistically dominant as this one. Find me one.

I'm just not going to try that hard to ruin the enjoyment I got out of watching my Huskers play well today. You, as always, are free to find such a statistic if you deem it worth your time. What I'm saying is there's a chance you're negativity detector is miscalibrated and you're finding it where none exists. I'm as positive about the program as the next guy but even I wondered about that same question. Anyone following the program since Bo's tenure began knows we dominate the statue and sometimes get whipped by the mobile QB. I thought it was like psuedo-science at this point, lol...

He even said he doesn't know what this means for next week. It's not like he predicted they would score 71 points on us. That's why I'm telling you to lighten up.

So you dont "not ruin the enjoyment" by speculating how bad our D would perform against Braxton Miller as opposed to Purdue. Instead of telling me to lighten up, maybe you should focus on picking a side, eh?

Right now if we played OSU I bet the defense could hold their ground for a while, but maybe not an entire game. Now if they keep making strides like they have the past few weeks then these guys will have a chance against almost anyone come Dec. and Jan.

Hold their ground for a while. Shouldnt that be enough if our offense does what theyre capable of? Wasnt that the theme coming into the year? Be serviceable. You dont have to be great. It's why we lost the UCLA game. The offense went into the tank just as much as the D did.