SJB - Targeting Rule discussion

Nobody

Again, there's a problem with the application of this rule. I've seen two players ejected now, Stanley and now Roby. I haven't seen the other ejections today, so if it's different let me know.

Earlier in the drive in which Roby was ejected, he had another tackle where there was helmet-to-helmet contact. In that play there was no flag, but two things stood out to me:

1) It was a running back, and so far I haven't seen a tackler flagged or ejected for h2h contact on a running back - only on a receiver.

2) In that h2h contact with the RB, whom do you eject, Roby or the RB? Because the the argument could be made that the running back initiated the h2h contact.

Is this rule only going to be enforced on receptions, where the offensive player is focused on the ball?

Is it not going to be enforced on running plays at all (reference the h2h contact in the Purdue tackle of Newby last week)?

Are offensive players going to be ejected for targeting at any time, or is this a rule focused solely on defenders?

Again, there's a problem with the application of this rule. I've seen two players ejected now, Stanley and now Roby. I haven't seen the other ejections today, so if it's different let me know.

Earlier in the drive in which Roby was ejected, he had another tackle where there was helmet-to-helmet contact. In that play there was no flag, but two things stood out to me:

1) It was a running back, and so far I haven't seen a tackler flagged or ejected for h2h contact on a running back - only on a receiver.

2) In that h2h contact with the RB, whom do you eject, Roby or the RB? Because the the argument could be made that the running back initiated the h2h contact.

Is this rule only going to be enforced on receptions, where the offensive player is focused on the ball?

Is it not going to be enforced on running plays at all (reference the h2h contact in the Purdue tackle of Newby last week)?

Are offensive players going to be ejected for targeting at any time, or is this a rule focused solely on defenders?

This was the case in the NW vs Minny game and the commentators talked about it. Minny QB lowered head and hit a defender (who was hurt and I believe done for game because of it) and not flag was thrown.