We just scheduled Oregon

Tennessee moved our game back because they just signed a deal to play VT at the Bristol Motor Speedway in 2016. Room for 150,000 and it will probably sell out.

What a cool idea.

Sounds like a good idea, but could easily turn into a logistical trainwreck..

They are prepared for the same crowds for races, so I guess they could handle it for a football game.

To be the best, you have to beat the best. Assuming nothing earth-shattering to Oregon between now and then, it will obviously be a challenge. But one we should relish.

A challenge? Not for Oregon. Unless things change big time --- hugely --- between now and then, NU will not even register as a speed bump to Oregon. The Oregon train will roll over NU like a semi at 75 going over a pebble... they will hardly notice that there was any resistance at all. Those games will be massacres.

Its posts like these that make me want to take a dive off a cliff. The games are THREE and FOUR YEARS AWAY! You must be the ultimate fortune teller to be able to say these games years from now will be massacres...

To be the best, you have to beat the best. Assuming nothing earth-shattering to Oregon between now and then, it will obviously be a challenge. But one we should relish.

A challenge? Not for Oregon. Unless things change big time --- hugely --- between now and then, NU will not even register as a speed bump to Oregon. The Oregon train will roll over NU like a semi at 75 going over a pebble... they will hardly notice that there was any resistance at all. Those games will be massacres.

Its posts like these that make me want to take a dive off a cliff. The games are THREE and FOUR YEARS AWAY! You must be the ultimate fortune teller to be able to say these games years from now will be massacres...

Not even worth responding to Po. He said it to get what you gave him. A response. Ignore function is pleasant in these situations.

Po... I did not post that to elicit a response as certain supposed mind readers posit. I said "unless things change big time" that game will be a massacre. And that qualified statement is absolutely true. NU will have to be improve dramatically --- make forward strides from season to season that exceeds any year-to-year improvement we have experienced of late... otherwise that game will be no game at all. Po... you post many insightful and well thought out views and that is appreciated... I would imagine you would have to agree that NU will need to improve dramatically for the game --- yes in 4 years --- in order for NU to compete. Agreed? I never said that NU would not or could not make such improvements --- I never intimated anything regarding probability of improvement one way or another --- I just said what is true... they will need to improve a great deal. If not... then that game will be very ugly.

I should note that I think it is great that NU has scheduled Oregon. Like Cheesehead says... you have to beat the best to be the best... and the better the competition is... the more the improvement is likely to be. It creates an urgency on the team to improve. I really hope NU steadily improves and can compete when that game does come.

Po... I did not post that to elicit a response as certain supposed mind readers posit. I said "unless things change big time" that game will be a massacre. And that qualified statement is absolutely true. NU will have to be improve dramatically --- make forward strides from season to season that exceeds any year-to-year improvement we have experienced of late... otherwise that game will be no game at all. Po... you post many insightful and well thought out views and that is appreciated... I would imagine you would have to agree that NU will need to improve dramatically for the game --- yes in 4 years --- in order for NU to compete. Agreed? I never said that NU would not or could not make such improvements --- I never intimated anything regarding probability of improvement one way or another --- I just said what is true... they will need to improve a great deal. If not... then that game will be very ugly.

Yes, we will need to improve from where we are right now. We have no idea what the roster will look like in 2016 though. These defensive players will all be seniors and we are in early on some big recruits for 2015. If that class shapes up like it could, we could have tons of talent on both sides of the ball. We just don't know to be making predictions that far ahead.

Plus, Oregon may suck in three years. They are good now, but a lot can change in three years.