Alleged Rape Victim in Maryville, MO

EZ-E

In this case, the more glaring problem doesn't appear to be with the incident itself, but more with the possible obstruction of the criminal justice system.

No. Rape is the most glaring problem.

Objectification and abuse of young girls is the most glaring problem.

Because of they're both drunk and both consent to sex only the man (boy in this case) should go down.

In this case, the more glaring problem doesn't appear to be with the incident itself, but more with the possible obstruction of the criminal justice system.

No. Rape is the most glaring problem.

Objectification and abuse of young girls is the most glaring problem.

Because of they're both drunk and both consent to sex only the man (boy in this case) should go down.

In this specific instance, where the friend admits to having sex with the 13 year old friend despite her saying 'no' multiple times, where Daisy had vaginal tearing (her body was literally maimed, and his wasn't, consentual or not), where he puts out mysogynistic messages on twitter, where there isn't a single eye-witness account that disagrees with the claims presented, and where women are victims by way of institution and need extended protection, yes, absolutely, the boy should go down.

Yeah, at least she wouldn't get pregnant that way. Oh wait, that's not what you meant.

:lol:

• Fire 2
where the friend admits to having sex with the 13 year old friend despite her saying 'no' multiple times

the friend's word (who I will get to in a second) against his, I can't find any actual evidence of what went down in the room between the two.

where Daisy had vaginal tearing

I can't find where this is reported. Even if true, there is often vaginal tearing with intercourse. According to this source, the rape kit record are sealed. How did you get access?

where he puts out mysogynistic messages on twitter

this is completely and utterly irrelevant

where there isn't a single eye-witness account that disagrees with the claims presented

I'm not aware of any statements made other than the friend's (who I will get to in a minute) and people who said that she was crying as she left (but couldn't walk or talk?) According to this source witness accounts were sealed. How did you get access to them?

where women are victims by way of institution and need extended protection

this doesn't make sense

I have issues with anything the friend says, mainly due to this sentence:

"Daisy's 13-year-old friend found her way back into the Coleman house, but Daisy was left in a tee shirt and sweatpants on the front lawn overnight." from http://www.theatlant...-scandal/70489/

Why is the friend not helping the girl get back inside if she herself can? Why isn't she telling the parents right then instead of going in to bed?

Again, my point of all of this isn't to say that these guys' actions were ok. What I'm trying to say is that we shouldn't jump to conclusions just because the media decides to take a side, present nice cute pictures of girls having fun together while picking a mugshot for the suspect's photo a-la this article: http://www.dailymail...ter-Kinder.html

What I'm saying is, before condemning one set of kids because they're football players and they'er boys and taking the honest-to-God word of a second set because they're high school girls and, ya know, high school girls' actions and words should never be questioned, . . .

What? Have you read about this case?

. . . it is appropriate to allow the legal process to take it's course.

But the problem is that the legal process didn't take it's course.

eyeswear2allthatsholy Setting the prosecutorial/law enforcement decisions aside . . . I think that the victim might disagree about what may or may not be a glaring problem.

• Fire 1

Creighton you might want to go read the original news report about this which deals with a lot more substantiated evidence and a lot less conjecture than whatever stuff it seems like you're reading.

On a different note, it seems pretty obvious why the family would plead the fifth doesn't it? That wasn't until after the case had been dropped, and every single thing points to a legal threat being made by someone powerful towards the family if they kept fighting.

Was actually waiting for a QMany or a Carlfense citing in this thread.

Sketchy and shady are the words that describe my feelings to how this was all investigated .

Exactly...That is my shetchiness about this whole situation also. There is corruption in this case no doubt.

Creighton you might want to go read the original news report about this which deals with a lot more substantiated evidence and a lot less conjecture than whatever stuff it seems like you're reading.

On a different note, it seems pretty obvious why the family would plead the fifth doesn't it? That wasn't until after the case had been dropped, and every single thing points to a legal threat being made by someone powerful towards the family if they kept fighting.

Pleading the fifth doesn't help her case though. I would have taken my chances and if the other party brings up legal action, that would give them a chance to prove the corruption taking place is very apparent.

Pleading the fifth doesn't help her case though. I would have taken my chances and if the other party brings up legal action, that would give them a chance to prove the corruption taking place is very apparent.

When the deck is stacked against someone strong enough they'll do whatever they have to to protect themselves and those they care about. If all of the more speculative elements of this town and culture and situation are true, it seems entirely and unfortunately likely that the mom was forced to abandon any hopes of retribution and justice and instead focus on protecting her family despite what is right and true.

The DA is obviously corrupt or has some other conflicting interest. DA was a piece of sh#t back in my hometown too; his stepdaughter and stepson and their friends got in all sorts of alcohol trouble in high school...guess what happened to the charges

That's where it gets weird though. They are denying that they pled the fifth in the beginning. So somebody is lying here.

Had this been my daughter, I don't let her or any family member say anything regarding the case without first consulting legal counsel. I'm not a lawyer or an expert. I'd let the professionals handle it. Surely anyone wouldn't be dumb enough to blow their own case would they?

The other thing is, should the 15 year old boy that raped the 13 year old been tried as an adult? He was actually convicted of a crime in juvy. Curious what the cut off is and it isn't like this was a statutory rape situation either, that was a full on in every sense of the word RAPE!!!

The other thing is, should the 15 year old boy that raped the 13 year old been tried as an adult? He was actually convicted of a crime in juvy. Curious what the cut off is and it isn't like this was a statutory rape situation either, that was a full on in every sense of the word RAPE!!!

Here's the standard in Nebraska . . . it's probably somewhat similar in Missouri:

. . . when the juvenile is under the age of sixteen years, the county attorney shall, in making the determination whether to file a criminal charge, file a juvenile court petition, offer juvenile pretrial diversion, or offer mediation, consider: (1) The type of treatment such juvenile would most likely be amenable to; (2) whether there is evidence that the alleged offense included violence or was committed in an aggressive and premeditated manner; (3) the motivation for the commission of the offense; (4) the age of the juvenile and the ages and circumstances of any others involved in the offense; (5) the previous history of the juvenile, including whether he or she had been convicted of any previous offenses or adjudicated in juvenile court, and, if so, whether such offenses were crimes against the person or relating to property, and other previous history of antisocial behavior, if any, including any patterns of physical violence; (6) the sophistication and maturity of the juvenile as determined by consideration of his or her home, school activities, emotional attitude and desire to be treated as an adult, pattern of living, and whether he or she has had previous contact with law enforcement agencies and courts and the nature thereof; (7) whether there are facilities particularly available to the juvenile court for treatment and rehabilitation of the juvenile; (8) whether the best interests of the juvenile and the security of the public may require that the juvenile continue in secure detention or under supervision for a period extending beyond his or her minority and, if so, the available alternatives best suited to this purpose; (9) whether the victim agrees to participate in mediation; (10) whether there is a juvenile pretrial diversion program established pursuant to sections 43-260.02 to 43-260.07; (11) whether the juvenile has been convicted of or has acknowledged unauthorized use or possession of a firearm; (12) whether a juvenile court order has been issued for the juvenile pursuant to section 43-2,106.03; (13) whether the juvenile is a criminal street gang member; (14) whether the juvenile has been previously committed to a youth rehabilitation and treatment center; and (15) such other matters as the county attorney deems relevant to his or her decision.

http://nebraskalegis...?statute=43-276

• Fire 1