Alleged Rape Victim in Maryville, MO

EZ-E

^^^^^^

Facts of the case:

Yeah...ok

Facts of the case:

- The 13 year old friend testifies... (as in, it is a fact that she has said this)

- The boy that the 13 year old friend went into a room with confessed to.... (as in, it is a fact that he said this)

- Daisy testifies to... (as in, it is a fact that she said this)

- Daisy's brother testifies to... (as in, it is a fact that he said this)

- Barnett confessed to ... (as in, it is a fact that he said this)

- Felony statutes define sex as non-consensual when the victim is incapacitated by alcohol. (fact)

- Seven hours later, Daisy's blood alcohol content was .13 (fact)

- The 15 year old friend confesses to.... (as in, it is a fact that he said this)

- A video had been recorded of the act. (fact)

- Search of the Barnett house resulted in seizure of a blanket, bedsheets, a pair of panties, a bottle of Bacardi, plastic bottles of unidentified liquids and three cell-phones, all of which led the Sheriff to say it would absolutely result in prosecution. (fact)

- Barnett tweeted "If her name begins with A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z, she wants the D." (fact)

IfNOTHING else, this is legally rape by means of being non-consentual due to intoxication. Come on man.

Okay I helped you out a little bit.

If you read the Kansas City Star piece that got the ball rolling on the coverage, most of the facts are as included in police reports and medical records. If this occurred in a real city, and not some small town crap hole, there would be no doubt that the kid would be in jail. If the kid didn't have powerful relatives in the county, its prosecuted also. At this point the DoJ probably needs to look into the case, and possible corruption charges against some officials.

Some people in this thread are going too far out of their way to defend the worthless sack of crap. Think about what your reactions would be if that was your daughter in question.

Anonymous did a twitter op Tues afternoon, that if nothing else will make it so anytime anyone googles his name for the rest of his life, this story will be the top results.

Don't disagree with you at all here.

A friend of mine also said that they are investigating the prosecutor and the DA in this whole deal. If nothing else, I think this case is reopened.

I wouldn't be tweeting all that nonsense if I'm Barnett. He should be sweating bullets.

^^^^^^

Facts of the case:

Yeah...ok

Facts of the case:

- The 13 year old friend testifies... (as in, it is a fact that she has said this)

- The boy that the 13 year old friend went into a room with confessed to.... (as in, it is a fact that he said this)

- Daisy testifies to... (as in, it is a fact that she said this)

- Daisy's brother testifies to... (as in, it is a fact that he said this)

- Barnett confessed to ... (as in, it is a fact that he said this)

- Felony statutes define sex as non-consensual when the victim is incapacitated by alcohol. (fact)

- Seven hours later, Daisy's blood alcohol content was .13 (fact)

- The 15 year old friend confesses to.... (as in, it is a fact that he said this)

- A video had been recorded of the act. (fact)

- Search of the Barnett house resulted in seizure of a blanket, bedsheets, a pair of panties, a bottle of Bacardi, plastic bottles of unidentified liquids and three cell-phones, all of which led the Sheriff to say it would absolutely result in prosecution. (fact)

- Barnett tweeted "If her name begins with A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z, she wants the D." (fact)

IfNOTHING else, this is legally rape by means of being non-consentual due to intoxication. Come on man.

Okay I helped you out a little bit.

If you read the Kansas City Star piece that got the ball rolling on the coverage, most of the facts are as included in police reports and medical records. If this occurred in a real city, and not some small town crap hole, there would be no doubt that the kid would be in jail. If the kid didn't have powerful relatives in the county, its prosecuted also. At this point the DoJ probably needs to look into the case, and possible corruption charges against some officials.

Some people in this thread are going too far out of their way to defend the worthless sack of crap. Think about what your reactions would be if that was your daughter in question.

Anonymous did a twitter op Tues afternoon, that if nothing else will make it so anytime anyone googles his name for the rest of his life, this story will be the top results.

Don't disagree with you at all here.

A friend of mine also said that they are investigating the prosecutor and the DA in this whole deal. If nothing else, I think this case is reopened.

I wouldn't be tweeting all that nonsense if I'm Barnett. He should be sweating bullets.

I think the Sheriff's Department should be investigated as well.

The piece left out of this article you linked is that in the initial police report, the Coleman's "plead the fifth" and "didn't want to take it to trial." Well, the sheriff was actually confident there would be a full investigation AND I wouldn't imagine someone who felt they had been wronged saying anything that resembled that without first seeking legal counsel. There are so many sketchy things in this case it's stupid.

I take Creighton's side on this so far. I say this cause I have personally seen a kid go through this and it tore his life apart for a couple years. He was accused of rape by his roommates sister and was arrested. About a month before court, she dropped all charges against him and said that she didn't want to pursue it anymore. He never got an answer from them why but the investigator had said that the evidence wasn't there and that her story had changed a number of times and the DA was hesitant on the case.

I take Creighton's side on this so far. I say this cause I have personally seen a kid go through this and it tore his life apart for a couple years. He was accused of rape by his roommates sister and was arrested. About a month before court, she dropped all charges against him and said that she didn't want to pursue it anymore. He never got an answer from them why but the investigator had said that the evidence wasn't there and that her story had changed a number of times and the DA was hesitant on the case.

So because one woman lied means they all lie about this?

If that ends up being the case, fine and Barnett is owed an apology. It is the sketchy circumstances surrounding this that make me believe there is a lot more to this. I find it very odd that the 13 year old victim or her mother was never called upon or asked to testify. Granted, Daisy's testimony wouldn't be worth much because she admitted she blacked out, but in the original police report it said that the Coleman's "pled the fifth" because they "didn't want it to go to trial." Which they say wasn't the case.

An iPhone was seized when the search warrant was executed on Barnett's home. In the original report they said they were able to get images, text messages, and the video that is now missing from this iPhone. When asked where this would be now, the Sheriff of the town or country which ever said he wasn't privy to them even documenting that they found any of it. I find it very hard to believe that nobody has a copy of this video or could track it down.

So because one woman lied means they all lie about this?

If that ends up being the case, fine and Barnett is owed an apology. It is the sketchy circumstances surrounding this that make me believe there is a lot more to this. I find it very odd that the 13 year old victim or her mother was never called upon or asked to testify. Granted, Daisy's testimony wouldn't be worth much because she admitted she blacked out, but in the original police report it said that the Coleman's "pled the fifth" because they "didn't want it to go to trial." Which they say wasn't the case.

An iPhone was seized when the search warrant was executed on Barnett's home. In the original report they said they were able to get images, text messages, and the video that is now missing from this iPhone. When asked where this would be now, the Sheriff of the town or country which ever said he wasn't privy to them even documenting that they found any of it. I find it very hard to believe that nobody has a copy of this video or could track it down.

I was just agreeing that more questions need to be asked. Something is sketchy about the whole thing and that is why more questions need to be asked, especially of the DA and Sheriff if they change their stories or tamper with the evidence and reports.

I was just agreeing that more questions need to be asked. Something is sketchy about the whole thing and that is why more questions need to be asked, especially of the DA and Sheriff if they change their stories or tamper with the evidence and reports.

Despite the sketchiness,

every single person that was there all agrees and admits that he and his friend had sex with those two girls while they were intoxicated (legally rape) and left Daisy outside her house in sub-freezing weather.

It's seriously alarming that you would focus on the sketchiness of the legal proceedings to defend the young man when the above is still reality and all that needs to be known for guilt.

Despite the sketchiness,

every single person that was there all agrees and admits that he and his friend had sex with those two girls while they were intoxicated (legally rape) and left Daisy outside her house in sub-freezing weather.

It's seriously alarming that you would focus on the sketchiness of the legal proceedings to defend the young man when the above is still reality and all that needs to be known for guilt.

It's seriously alarming that you have such blatant disregard for the criminal justice system and, even if these allegations wind up being true, your thirst for scandal is so extreme that you willingly take the words of a bunch of high school kids at face value that you would crucify some kid if a 14 yer-old girl told you you should.

And like I said before, he very easily could have taken her back to her window, she waves him off, she tries to get back in, is unsuccessful and then she passes out on the porch. I know multiple people who have been in similar situations.

Despite the sketchiness,

It's seriously alarming that you have such blatant disregard for the criminal justice system and, even if these allegations wind up being true, your thirst for scandal is so extreme that you willingly take the words of a bunch of high school kids at face value that you would crucify some kid if a 14 yer-old girl told you you should.

And like I said before, he very easily could have taken her back to her window, she waves him off, she tries to get back in, is unsuccessful and then she passes out on the porch. I know multiple people who have been in similar situations.

Barnett Admitted to having sex with her. At 9 AM BAC was .13. Rape kit showed classic signs of rape. All facts. By Missouri law the first two constitutes felony rape.

And to the 'pleading the 5th' that is clearly a pile of BS. Pleading the 5th is to prevent self incrimination. Why would she plead the 5th? For MIP? The family also denies saying they did not want a trial.

• Fire 1

If you think that cases at least partially based on the words of a bunch of high school kids are either unusual or improper I'd venture a guess that you aren't particularly familiar with the criminal justice system.

• Fire 1

If you think that cases at least partially based on the words of a bunch of high school kids are either unusual or improper I'd venture a guess that you aren't particularly familiar with the criminal justice system.

You are all missing the point.

What I'm saying is, before condemning one set of kids because they're football players and they'er boys and taking the honest-to-God word of a second set because they're high school girls and, ya know, high school girls' actions and words should never be questioned, it is appropriate to allow the legal process to take it's course. In this case, the more glaring problem doesn't appear to be with the incident itself, but more with the possible obstruction of the criminal justice system.

In this case, the more glaring problem doesn't appear to be with the incident itself, but more with the possible obstruction of the criminal justice system.

No. Rape is the most glaring problem.

Objectification and abuse of young girls is the most glaring problem.

• Fire 1