Alleged Rape Victim in Maryville, MO

EZ-E

Mizzou. :facepalm:

you are just beyond saving. What the #$@& does this have to di with mizzou. It doesn't even have a damn thing to do with northwest missouri state that is located in maryville. This is a corrupt small town that has been corrupt for years. Maryville is a backwards ass town and as dirty as any place I have ever lived. Extremely sad, but not too surprising for maryville.

Also not surprising that some husker tard would try and make a mizzou comment or connection. Fyi nuance, nikko jenkins was a husker fan. Franklin child prostitution ring members were season tickets holders and doners. unl :facepalm:

look who got their panties in a twist

Mizzou. :facepalm:

you are just beyond saving. What the #$@& does this have to di with mizzou. It doesn't even have a damn thing to do with northwest missouri state that is located in maryville. This is a corrupt small town that has been corrupt for years. Maryville is a backwards ass town and as dirty as any place I have ever lived. Extremely sad, but not too surprising for maryville.

Also not surprising that some husker tard would try and make a mizzou comment or connection. Fyi nuance, nikko jenkins was a husker fan. Franklin child prostitution ring members were season tickets holders and doners. unl :facepalm:

Wait, you mean Mizzou isn't an abbreviation for the whole state of Missouri? Well I'll be darned. I did not know that. All this time when people were making jokes about backward assed Mizzou and talking about the Mizzou hillbillies I thought they were talking about the whole state of Missouri. Turns out they were only talking about the U. of Mizzou. Thanks for edumacating this dumb UNL grad. :lol:

/ Don't get all bent. I'm just joshin' ya man. Funny that I seem to get under your skin even when I'm not trying to. LOL

Sorry Q....I forgot to add the smiling winking face guy. :lol:

And E, this is very sad. But I personally am glad its getting national attention. As I said before maryville is a corupt little town. And many high ranking people there deserve the hammer.

So you do believe the part about Barnett's grandfather calling in favors to get his grandson out of this?

I've been to Maryville probably a dozen times as I had a lot of friends down there but I'm not privy to the dynamics of the town.

And E, this is very sad. But I personally am glad its getting national attention. As I said before maryville is a corupt little town. And many high ranking people there deserve the hammer.

So you do believe the part about Barnett's grandfather calling in favors to get his grandson out of this?

I've been to Maryville probably a dozen times as I had a lot of friends down there but I'm not privy to the dynamics of the town.

I do. There were some very shady things that happened around town during my years there. Lots of talk about the DA and public defender working together to screw over students. And I do know of two cases where people guilty of crimes got off because of who they were related to or because of what they do. Full on witnesses, no doubt about it stuff and either they were never arrested or all charges were dropped.

I do. There were some very shady things that happened around town during my years there. Lots of talk about the DA and public defender working together to screw over students. And I do know of two cases where people guilty of crimes got off because of who they were related to or because of what they do. Full on witnesses, no doubt about it stuff and either they were never arrested or all charges were dropped.

Kid that did this belongs in prison in my opinion. Really all there is to it. Like I said above, if it would have been that they took it to trial and found him not-guilty because they couldn't prove anything fine. But it didn't even get to trial.

This is a tragedy and a really terrible reality and personally I think it lessens it's impact when we just chalk it up to "typical Missouri." This has happened and is continuing to happen everywhere across the country and world (including Nebraska and Lincoln) and demands a lot more attention than just throwing stereotypes at it to explain it away.

Kid that did this belongs in prison in my opinion. Really all there is to it. Like I said above, if it would have been that they took it to trial and found him not-guilty because they couldn't prove anything fine. But it didn't even get to trial.

You know what??? The kid is a slime ball and deserves any punishment that can be given to him (within obvious guidelines). However, the people who are even more pathetic human beings are the people who did all the actions against this family in the community, the DA....etc. The kid is a pathetic human who did something really stupid in one night of drinking. However, the people who took actions after the fact did it with more thought and planning and that makes it even more disgusting.

Maybe this is what you are saying and if so...I'm agreeing with you.

I don't see why we are automatically expected to take the side of this family because the story seems sad. The retaliation, if true, is rather disappointing, but who is to say that the girl had had one half of one beer while "drinking" with friends at home, went over to the guy's place, had consensual sex with him, and got drunk after? Who's to say that the guy didn't drop her off, she couldn't get back in her window, and she passed out on the lawn?

As much as I think that justice should be served if crimes were committed, reading this sob story doesn't convince me that a crime was or was not committed. Just because a story sounds sad doesn't make it true, especially when there doesn't appear to be much evidence and the victims

refused to answer any questions citing their Fifth Amendment right to not incriminate themselves. Accordingly, without competent evidence and with witnesses unwilling to testify, the State was under a duty to dismiss any prosecution when it became apparent that a conviction was not possible

You know what??? The kid is a slime ball and deserves any punishment that can be given to him (within obvious guidelines). However, the people who are even more pathetic human beings are the people who did all the actions against this family in the community, the DA....etc. The kid is a pathetic human who did something really stupid in one night of drinking. However, the people who took actions after the fact did it with more thought and planning and that makes it even more disgusting.

Maybe this is what you are saying and if so...I'm agreeing with you.

You mean the ones who left her on her doorstep early in the morning in 22 degree weather? Absolutely.

I don't see why we are automatically expected to take the side of this family because the story seems sad. The retaliation, if true, is rather disappointing, but who is to say that the girl had had one half of one beer while "drinking" with friends at home, went over to the guy's place, had consensual sex with him, and got drunk after? Who's to say that the guy didn't drop her off, she couldn't get back in her window, and she passed out on the lawn?

As much as I think that justice should be served if crimes were committed, reading this sob story doesn't convince me that a crime was or was not committed. Just because a story sounds sad doesn't make it true, especially when there doesn't appear to be much evidence and the victims.

Facts of the case:

- The 13 year old friend testifies to being raped by the friend, to Daisy being incoherent when taken back home, to being told to go inside by the boys, and to Daisy crying while being carried.

- The boy that the 13 year old friend went into a room with confessed to having sex with her despite her saying no multiple times.

- Daisy testifies to being given alcohol by Barnett.

- Daisy's brother testifies to warning her to stay away from Barnett based on presumed character.

- Barnett confessed to having sex with Daisy, aware that she was drunk, but claiming it was consensual.

- Felony statutes define sex as non-consensual when the victim is incapacitated by alcohol.

- Seven hours later, Daisy's blood alcohol content was .13

- The 15 year old friend confesses to leaving Daisy outside in below-freezing temperatures.

- A video had been recorded of the act.

- Search of the Barnett house resulted in seizure of a blanket, bedsheets, a pair of panties, a bottle of Bacardi, plastic bottles of unidentified liquids and three cell-phones, all of which led the Sheriff to say it would absolutely result in prosecution.

- Barnett tweeted "If her name begins with A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z, she wants the D."

IfNOTHING else, this is legally rape by means of being non-consentual due to intoxication. Come on man.

• Fire 1

As much as I think that justice should be served if crimes were committed, reading this sob story doesn't convince me that a crime was or was not committed. Just because a story sounds sad doesn't make it true, especially when there doesn't appear to be much evidence and the victims.

Facts of the case:

- The 13 year old friend testifies to being raped by the friend, to Daisy being incoherent when taken back home, to being told to go inside by the boys, and to Daisy crying while being carried.

- The boy that the 13 year old friend went into a room with confessed to having sex with her despite her saying no multiple times.

- Daisy testifies to being given alcohol by Barnett.

- Daisy's brother testifies to warning her to stay away from Barnett based on presumed character.

- Barnett confessed to having sex with Daisy, aware that she was drunk, but claiming it was consensual.

- Felony statutes define sex as non-consensual when the victim is incapacitated by alcohol.

- Seven hours later, Daisy's blood alcohol content was .13

- The 15 year old friend confesses to leaving Daisy outside in below-freezing temperatures.

- A video had been recorded of the act.

- Search of the Barnett house resulted in seizure of a blanket, bedsheets, a pair of panties, a bottle of Bacardi, plastic bottles of unidentified liquids and three cell-phones, all of which led the Sheriff to say it would absolutely result in prosecution.

- Barnett tweeted "If her name begins with A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z, she wants the D."

IfNOTHING else, this is legally rape by means of being non-consentual due to intoxication. Come on man.

A friend of mine was actually one of the first in the country to report on this as he graduated from NWMS and currently lives in Maryville. I will do my best to link the radio conversation he had with someone on here but I am not very good at those things.

I could be wrong Landlord, but I don't believe anyone "testified" to those things as this case never went to trial. It very well could be in the original police report. Again you may very well be right. What was left out of the article, was that Daisy and her mother allegedly "pled the fifth amendment and didn't want this to go to trial." This is where it gets extremely sketchy because the Coleman's have been absolutely adament about this case being re-opened. A lot of things are not adding up.

I could be wrong Landlord, but I don't believe anyone "testified" to those things as this case never went to trial. It very well could be in the original police report. Again you may very well be right. What was left out of the article, was that Daisy and her mother allegedly "pled the fifth amendment and didn't want this to go to trial." This is where it gets extremely sketchy because the Coleman's have been absolutely adament about this case being re-opened. A lot of things are not adding up.

Of course I don't mean testify as a legal term, but to explain that they're on record claiming these things to be true. I don't care how sketchy it gets with the legal process - too much shade involved there and too many different reasons stuff like that can happen that don't necessarily deserve to cast suspicion.

What matters to me is the facts of what happened and what was being reported as happening during the incident. That's it. Nothing else matters. It's a fact, not disputed by anyone, that at best this girl was b******* drunk and this kid had sex with her, which is rape and is illegal and is a disgusting and vile act.