Who hates this years schedule?

We are ranked in the coaches poll not the AP. Undefeated Nebraska at 13-0 wouldve been a hard choice to turn down for the BCS. We travel exceptionally well and are still a national brand. The media couldve played that game up for eveything its worth and then some.

So you think a 12-1 nebraska team won't go to a BCS bowl? That's silly. Considering that means we beat tOSU in the CCG. And last time I checked Harris Poll and Coaches = Factor into the BCS, not the AP. I couldn't care less about AP rankings. You've changed from 13-0 makes us a natty contender (which it wouldn't, because the B1G is pretty piss poor in peoples eyes, and I'm sure they'd take Louisville, Florida State, Clemson, the Big 12 champ (if unbeaten) a one loss SEC, and possibly a one loss PAC 12 team over us.)

Just saying, one loss hardly affects this team... I understand the point that we might make a BCS game if we are unbeaten and lose in the CCG (once again, with the perception of the BIG, I'm not so sure we get in over some other schools). We can still go to the Rose Bowl and win, and that is what this teams goal is.

Furthermore, I highly doubt you'd want to see this team in the natty. That would do irreparable damage to our "image".

Regardless of record, we win big ten, we go to rose. And I have no doubt in my mind if it came down to deciding between an unbeaten Loisville or Nebraska, Huskers get nod.

Frankly the AP and coaches polls aee a joke. The BCS rankings are the only rankings that matter, but until then the AP is more universally used by the media.

Only one of Clemson or FSU can possibly be undefeated. And yes I believe if it came between a one loss Big 12 or Pac 12 team and unbeaten NU,, we get the nod.

Not wanting to see Nebraska in BCS title game is just silly.

Regardless of record, we win big ten, we go to rose. And I have no doubt in my mind if it came down to deciding between an unbeaten Loisville or Nebraska, Huskers get nod.

Frankly the AP and coaches polls aee a joke. The BCS rankings are the only rankings that matter, but until then the AP is more universally used by the media.

Only one of Clemson or FSU can possibly be undefeated. And yes I believe if it came between a one loss Big 12 or Pac 12 team and unbeaten NU,, we get the nod.

Not wanting to see Nebraska in BCS title game is just silly.

First off, I said an unbeaten big 12 team would go over us. We will use your trusty AP polls.

4 ranked big 12 teams...

2 ranked big 10 teams (one of which is 25 wisconsin)

So, yup, they have strength of schedule over us most definitely.

ACC is widely accepted as the second or third best conference, so yup, Clemson or FSU makes it over us.

PAC 12 is most likely better than the ACC, and if Oregon's one loss is to (UCLA, beat Stanford) and beat UCLA in a rematch in the CCG you think anyone takes Nebraska over them?

The highest ranked 1 loss SEC team right now is the SEC's own, LSU (at 6). If they beat BAMA, you think Nebraska catapults them even if they are undefeated? Hell, LSU might catapult Ohio State (and OSU had the benefit of being ranked #2 to begin the season!)

The same Louisville that has Teddy Bridgewater and beat #3 Florida last year in their bowl game? While we have lost our last 3 bowl games in a quite convincing fashion.

And finally, you think losing by 50 to BAMA/Oregon (just going with who the favorites are, and yes they will murder us, whether we want to admit it or not.) is going to help our image?

cough 2001 national championship cough

C'mon man.

Not saying an unbeaten Nebraska would leap over 5 other undefeated teams. But if it came down toan undefeated SEC champ vs Unbeaten Loisville or NU, NU gets the nod. Replace Loisville with. FSU or clemson. ACC gets nod based off medias love of them. Personally I think Clemson was better last year, FSU more talented this season but young ar qb. I see neither going unbeaten. Oregon gets the nod too because they are top 5 consistently year in and out.

Yes alot of things wouldve had to go our way but end of the year there arent that many unbeaten teams, 09 was a fluke.

And even if we got stomped.like 01, at least we make our presence known. Would you rather play Oregon in Rose Bowl this year? That is worse than playing Bama in Title game defeat margin wise.

Not saying an unbeaten Nebraska would leap over 5 other undefeated teams. But if it came down toan undefeated SEC champ vs Unbeaten Loisville or NU, NU gets the nod. Replace Loisville with. FSU or clemson. ACC gets nod based off medias love of them. Personally I think Clemson was better last year, FSU more talented this season but young ar qb. I see neither going unbeaten. Oregon gets the nod too because they are top 5 consistently year in and out.

Yes alot of things wouldve had to go our way but end of the year there arent that many unbeaten teams, 09 was a fluke.

And even if we got stomped.like 01, at least we make our presence known. Would you rather play Oregon in Rose Bowl this year? That is worse than playing Bama in Title game defeat margin wise.

IF we played the Rose Bowl against Oregon, it would be because Oregon lost somewhere along the way, and IF that happened, the media wouldn't be able to throw in our faces that some other team should have been there instead, i.e., if we were selected to make it to the Natty over other teams, ala 2001 *when, coincidentally, we went over Oregon! Who then went on to destroy Colorado and we fell into oblivion with Bill Callahan soon after.* If we played the Rose Bowl against Oregon, no one would expect us to win and so we have nothing to lose.

The natty is supposed to matchup two even teams. Just like how nobody wanted to see Boise State or TCU in the Natty back in the day... and Alabama vs Notre Dame last year .... Notre Dame is getting a lot less hype from the media because of it.. and we don't have the profile ND has to fall back on...

If we made it to the Natty, it would be a pure fluke... and not a fun one to watch... it would destroy our recruiting... "just shows we didn't belong" is what they'd say...

With our schedule setting up the way it does, to be Nationally relevant we needed that win. Your telling me you have full confidence in us running the table and NOT getting left out of the BCS title game ate 12-1?

If its just that you didnt expect us to do that well then I guess I get it but you cant tell me you werent a little crushed by the 2nd half meltdown. It hurt, Im still behind Bo, but it stung.

We weren't getting to a BCS title game no matter how our schedule was set up or who we lost to.

UCLA, Michigan, MSU, OSU. It doens't matter. 12-1 in Big Ten ain't going to cut it this year.

Exactly my point. Losing any game with our schedule broke our chances at thar. Nobody sees the Big Ten as nationally relevant except for Ohio State.

I don't understand your point. You are making a strength of schedule and Nebraska nationally relevant and conference nationally relevant arguments all in one.

The point is only SEC teams are allowed to play in the championship game if they have a loss.

I think a two loss Alabama would make it in over a 1 loss Oregon.

I would take Nebraska in the National title every year even if we only won it every 15 years.

I dont believe Notre Dames recruiting was hurt by that loss, its Notre Dame, Parents would kill to send their kid there.

So a loss in the title game, blowout or not, hurts us image wise? I guess I can see that. However, a loss on the national stage would at least put us back in the spotlight opposed to where we are now.

Also, Im sensing little faith in our team. We hung with Georgia that was 3 secs from a National Championship. That was with last years Defense. Id take this years over last years any day.

I think the schedule is nice for our team this year, but sucks for being a fan.

:yeah

The bye weeks are really good for this squad, especially the defense. And having our toughest conference games back-loaded makes for a hard stretch run but gives us the most possible time to get everyone on the same page and up to speed.

True. But the timing of this second bye week sucks. Between Purdue and Minnesota? A bye on any week in November would have been much better for the team.

My only problem with all this national title talk and whether we should settle for a non title Rose Bowl bid is that it's pretty silly. Success for us, realistically, is to beat MSU heads up and drop only one game in November (that isn't MSU). Unfortunately, we are NOT a buried, secret top 5 team.

Then, somehow, we need to beat OSU in a conference title game which looks somewhat less likely than beating Wisconsin did before playing last years CCG.

As someone else put it quite nicely- going to the Rose Bowl, chalking up a Division and Conference title along the way will be a fantastic success for this team.