Who hates this years schedule?

I don't mean the teams they are playing.

I mean things like 5 home games in a row to start the season, I think that "burns out" a few fans when it comes to hitting up Lincoln.

Then, the early starts, I have no idea how the fans that are over two hours away really even do it for those 11am games.

Then the two bye weeks, talk about boring! I am already super excited for 11/2 when Northwestern comes to Lincoln. I am jonesing for that game so that I can have some fun at O!

A season with two bye weeks can be bad or good. If we had a bunch of guys dinged up that need an extra week to heal, it's great. If we lose focus, it can be bad. The early starts are just plain bad. Early starts against extremely poor teams are horrible. The more home games the better. It's good for the university, and it's good for the fans.

I love the home games, don't get me wrong. It is basically my life! But when you have 5 in a row, I think some fans find it hard to make 5 trips to Lincoln in 5 weeks.

There's a lot more fans than just the ones in the stadium. So be it if a fan can't make all 5 in a row. It allows other fans like me that live five hours away an opportunity to go to a game.

What I dont like about it is the potential it HAD. UCLA crushed that dream but overall the teams we play did us no favors. It set up well for us to win but if we lose it will look really really bad.

The only potential UCLA crushed is going 14-0.

Is that not crushing enough? It also made us an afterthought in most polls, not that we wont get back in come Sunday when the BCS rankings are released. Need the Bruins to run the table.

What I dont like about it is the potential it HAD. UCLA crushed that dream but overall the teams we play did us no favors. It set up well for us to win but if we lose it will look really really bad.

The only potential UCLA crushed is going 14-0.

Is that not crushing enough? It also made us an afterthought in most polls, not that we wont get back in come Sunday when the BCS rankings are released. Need the Bruins to run the table.

I find that to be remarkably not-crushing at all. Who cares? How many teams have ever gone 14-0? I think the answer is two. If all the UCLA loss did was crush a goal that only two other schools have ever accomplished then I think we have plenty left within our grasps.

With our schedule setting up the way it does, to be Nationally relevant we needed that win. Your telling me you have full confidence in us running the table and NOT getting left out of the BCS title game ate 12-1?

If its just that you didnt expect us to do that well then I guess I get it but you cant tell me you werent a little crushed by the 2nd half meltdown. It hurt, Im still behind Bo, but it stung.

With our schedule setting up the way it does, to be Nationally relevant we needed that win. Your telling me you have full confidence in us running the table and NOT getting left out of the BCS title game ate 12-1?

If its just that you didnt expect us to do that well then I guess I get it but you cant tell me you werent a little crushed by the 2nd half meltdown. It hurt, Im still behind Bo, but it stung.

While a national championship is always the goal, I'd kill for 12-1 and a trip to the rose bowl.

We weren't getting to a BCS title game no matter how our schedule was set up or who we lost to.

UCLA, Michigan, MSU, OSU. It doens't matter. 12-1 in Big Ten ain't going to cut it this year.