Misery's good season affect on Huskers recruiting locally?

Maybe more likely the St Louis area. The KC kids are 3 hrs from Lincoln and 2 hrs from Columbia. The St Louis kids are 7 hrs from Lincoln and 2 hrs from KC though 7 hrs these days isn't much. . Not sure we are in on many St L kids but we are in on quite a few good ones from KC. I hope we can hang onto them.

Brian Wallace.

I'm not to concerned about Missery. They have never been very good at closing their borders when it comes to recruiting.

There's just more to go around there I think. They took 5 of the top 10 last year, 5 the year before (including DGB). I'd be pretty happy if we could get 5 quality kids from Nebraska every year. Arkansas usually grabs a couple Missouri kids, one or two go B1G, 1 or 2 to the B12. But Pinkel does a pretty good job across the state. There's definitely more to go around, so he doesn't need to lock up the state. It's not like he's losing kids of 2nd tier schools. Michigan, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Nebraska. He isn't going to win head-head with them every time. And some of the KC kids are just die-hard KU/KState kids. No winning there. He's actually got it a little tougher when you think of it that way.

I'm not to concerned about Missery. They have never been very good at closing their borders when it comes to recruiting.

There's just more to go around there I think. They took 5 of the top 10 last year, 5 the year before (including DGB). I'd be pretty happy if we could get 5 quality kids from Nebraska every year. Arkansas usually grabs a couple Missouri kids, one or two go B1G, 1 or 2 to the B12. But Pinkel does a pretty good job across the state. There's definitely more to go around, so he doesn't need to lock up the state. It's not like he's losing kids of 2nd tier schools. Michigan, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Nebraska. He isn't going to win head-head with them every time. And some of the KC kids are just die-hard KU/KState kids. No winning there. He's actually got it a little tougher when you think of it that way.

I am going to disagree with you as I think we, as other states have really stolen some players that I bet Pinkel wishes he had on his team in recent years.

On another note though, I think they are benefiting from the pretty solid classes they put together from 09-11 when Missouri was still a bit sexy from the Chase Daniel era. Anyone remember the name Bud Sasser? He caught a TD pass last week.

I've been saying it for awhile now though that I wish Nebraska produced as much HS football talent as the state of Missouri. A lot of talent in that state.

I am going to disagree with you as I think we, as other states have really stolen some players that I bet Pinkel wishes he had on his team in recent years.

On another note though, I think they are benefiting from the pretty solid classes they put together from 09-11 when Missouri was still a bit sexy from the Chase Daniel era. Anyone remember the name Bud Sasser? He caught a TD pass last week.

I've been saying it for awhile now though that I wish Nebraska produced as much HS football talent as the state of Missouri. A lot of talent in that state.

Watching football around here, there's some big boys. I don't doubt Pinkel wishes he had some guys he lost. But it's not like Nebraska doesn't wish we had Phillips, or T. Robinson, or Lechner (why didn't we get him in 09' - did we even offer?), etc. But we're fine without them. Pinkel gets 5 guys a year out of Missouri, that's 3-4 more than Nebraska can traditionally expect out of our recruiting grounds.

The MO recruiting areas are mailny Kansas City, St. Louis. Within a few hundred miles of KC is Kansas, KState, Nebraska, Arkansas. Within a few hundred miles of St. Louis is Illinois, Lousiville, Tennessee, Northwestern, ISU, etc, etc. Lot of competition for Missouri.

I don't think it will really effect it much. Heck half of the kids NU has picked up from MU recently didn't even have MU offers. Monte & Hannon are the only ones I can think of recently that we even had an offer in on the last 3 years. And Monte's decision was based on baseball and the fact that our baseball coach is a giant D-BAG! we have missed out on some kids that we would have liked to have, every team does. But KC is not really the problem area. We more often than not get the guys we really want there. STL has been a probably area and Missouri misses a lot there for some reason. If things really start going well, with the move to the SEC I see that being the area that picks up for Mizzou. I don't see much if any change in KC

I did go back and look just out of curiosity, and I wouldn't say that Nebraska has even been a player in KC (or Missouri for that matter) going back through the 07 class. Over the last 7 classes NE has signed 3 from KC, 1 (rose) didn't have a MU offer. over that same period MU has signed 17. If there was an effect...its already there. Nebraska has 2 verbals this year, monte and freedom. Freedom didn't have an offer and was not likely to get one and Harrison, as I touched on earlier was a baseball decision based on our coaches. And that sucks cause I think he will be a good one.

I did go back and look just out of curiosity, and I wouldn't say that Nebraska has even been a player in KC (or Missouri for that matter) going back through the 07 class. Over the last 7 classes NE has signed 3 from KC, 1 (rose) didn't have a MU offer. over that same period MU has signed 17. If there was an effect...its already there. Nebraska has 2 verbals this year, monte and freedom. Freedom didn't have an offer and was not likely to get one and Harrison, as I touched on earlier was a baseball decision based on our coaches. And that sucks cause I think he will be a good one.

I think Harrison will most likely get drafted and never set foot on campus as a player for either sport at Nebraska. Hope i'm wrong!