can we lane kiffin bo?

We could lose every game here on out

Not "we" any more...it's "they" .

"They" lied to us about Martinez' injuries, "they" are secretive and restrictive about the team, practices, personnel, "they" have been rude and dismissive of Nebraska fans, press, and anyone who doesn't eat at the team table and "they" just seem shrug off embarrassing performances with "yeah, we weren't ready /didn't want it/ why are you even talking to me?" answers.

It's no longe "we"...it's becoming "us" vs. "them"...a fanbase looking for a team worthy of a sellout crowd. This team isn't it...so I don't care if "they" lose every game from here on out, but it's not a "we" thing any more. There is nothing any of "us" can do to help any of "them".

Sorry Bowfin but I just don't feel that way at all. The Huskers are still my team. I'm still gonna root em on. These kids deserve success because I know darn well the majority of them work damn hard. I don't believe these recent failures are on their shoulders.

I blame this staff. I believe Bo, Beck and Papuchis are in way over their heads. These coaches are failing these kids. They are letting them down with some poor decisions and are also letting them down by refusing to make some necessary decisions. Bo's refusal to make changes I believe will finally be his undoing. I believe it is in the works now. This team will probably lose a couple more games based in what we saw yesterday.

I've said in the past, this is the University if Nebraska, not the University of Bo Pelini. I think some fans misplace their loyalty. We don't owe Bo Pelini a damn thing. We owe these kids and this program our support. As a Husker you should always root for the team to succeed. This program has been built by some damn great people, many many people, not just one man. It should not be allowed to be torn down by one man. This game and this program are bigger than him and will succeed without him. The commitment to excellence at Nebraska will not allow this great University to fail. The foundation is strong but the walls have been weakened is all. We need a real leader to bring some stability back to those walls. Bo Pelini appears quite the opposite. Very unstable, highly emotional, uninformed of the goings on if his own team, and unwilling to evolve and change. Time to change without him.

With the current state of the 2014 recruiting class.....why not.

Explain and elaborate as to what is wrong. If you can't say anything other than "hes only a three star kid," please save yourself the time.

Rivals currently has us ranked as the #45 class. Is that good enough for you?

I'm not a recruiting expert, but I follow the forum, etc. We are projected to have around 23-24 in this class. We are only about half full right now. Quantity does matter in the rankings as well as stars. We are further a head at this point with our class in quantities than last year I believe. Some of the kids we have now are under the radar. It seems like many of them get re-evaluated at the end of the season and their rankings go up. I believe we were projected to be in the top 25 this year. Unfortunately, the audio tape along with our performance as of late has not helped. Last year was a good class.

We could lose every game here on out

Not "we" any more...it's "they" .

"They" lied to us about Martinez' injuries, "they" are secretive and restrictive about the team, practices, personnel, "they" have been rude and dismissive of Nebraska fans, press, and anyone who doesn't eat at the team table and "they" just seem shrug off embarrassing performances with "yeah, we weren't ready /didn't want it/ why are you even talking to me?" answers.

It's no longe "we"...it's becoming "us" vs. "them"...a fanbase looking for a team worthy of a sellout crowd. This team isn't it...so I don't care if "they" lose every game from here on out, but it's not a

"we" thing any more. There is nothing any of "us" can do to help any of "them".

If it helps, for 99.99% of this board, it's never been a "we". That belongs to the players and coaches.

If anything of the sort is done to our current staff I will lose all respect for our current athetic director.

And less than two sh#ts will be given by the athletic director

Until he's fired...

Why is the ignore feature not better on this board?????????? I blocked a lot of non-contributors and I can still see when they quote my post.

Awwwww, does someone not like someone disagreeing with his false insider posts?

Nah. Just really don't find what you say or your opinion worth anything. The only contribution I see from you is in the Shed. Has nothing to do with you disagreeing and everything to do with you not knowing what you are talking about.

Bo had his chances to bring in coordinators. We're past that stage. He blew it.

Really depends on how you look at it as I believe it has been mentioned before that Zook and Stoops were both offered the Co-DC job and chose other opportunities; Zook, to expand upon the business he does in South Florida, Stoops to coach with his brother.

The popular candidate to be the HC at NU was also offered a Co-OC position with Tim Beck and his offer was pulled.

If that is "blowing it" fine. But the thing people like to believe on this board was the Tim Beck and JP were Bo's only choices. Which is just flat out not the case.

Assuming what you've said his is true (a huge assumption without any kind of source), then yes he blew it.

da skers has also confirmed this.

What they did to Lane Kiffen was a total classless move. Shouldn't happen to anybody.

Like many I'm no fan of the guy but pulling him off the team bus to can him was downright mean. Even if Bo were let go before the season is over I would hope it would be with more class than that. No matter what happens in terms of the future I'd certainly hope we play well enough that we don't feel the need for a drastic move. Only way I'd do it is if Bo were to essentially lose the team and they'd play better for Brown

Really depends on how you look at it as I believe it has been mentioned before that Zook and Stoops were both offered the Co-DC job and chose other opportunities; Zook, to expand upon the business he does in South Florida, Stoops to coach with his brother.

The popular candidate to be the HC at NU was also offered a Co-OC position with Tim Beck and his offer was pulled.

If that is "blowing it" fine. But the thing people like to believe on this board was the Tim Beck and JP were Bo's only choices. Which is just flat out not the case.

Assuming what you've said his is true (a huge assumption without any kind of source), then yes he blew it.

So, we have more than just me saying this. Won't be enough for some, however on the off-chance that da Skers and I are correct, what do you do differently if you are Bo? Really doesn't appear that the money was an issue here it was those two not wanting to be here.

So, we have more than just me saying this. Won't be enough for some, however on the off-chance that da Skers and I are correct, what do you do differently if you are Bo? Really doesn't appear that the money was an issue here it was those two not wanting to be here.

I'll be the first to admit I don't know the sequence in which coaches hire/fire coordinators. Bo's first issue was hiring what amounted to a graduate assistant who appears to have suckled along Bo's coordinator moves. What head coach in their right mind hires a coordinator that has no previous experience being a DC to be the DC of Nebraska and represent the blackshirts? I wish that was a rhetorical question, however I'd have to answer this question by saying a HC that doesn't trust his coordinators and would rather control the defense through a DC. Bo put himself in a position in where outside DC's perceive Nebraska DC position as a joke. Bo should have fired Papuchis a few seasons, and had serious talk with competent available DC's and told them that the defense was theirs. Anyone worth their salt can see, Bo has been playing Papuchis like puppet the past two seasons. And honestly, I think Papuchis appears to be a nice guy, and potentially a great coach. Unfortunately he will not get the opportunity here in Nebraska because of Bo.

it's not okay to hire "inexperienced" coordinators but it is okay to hire a new head coach with no head coaching experience? the logic exuded by some astounds me.

(edit) I agree, I would definitely not go after a candidate w/o HC experience. Again, this is Nebraska and Nebraska should not be the training grounds for any position.

that is the problem, right there....overall, we have a ton of unproven coaches that can't teach basic football...as Pelini said, his kids can't make basic football plays.

• Fire 1