can we lane kiffin bo?

If anything of the sort is done to our current staff I will lose all respect for our current athetic director.

I usally agree with you, but I have always thought this will be the make or break year for Pelini. Now some thing have effected this team. A switch in conferences & some staff turn over. At the end of the season there needs to be some serious change. Pelini needs to cut a few coaches loose. JP was not ready to be a DC & I don't blame him for taking the job, but he needs to go. Its also time to let Cotton go into a office job. It is pretty clear they are keeping him around until his kids finish up & that is just a waste of a coaching job. The other one I would consider is Ross Els. He has done well as the recruiting cordnatoor, but not as a LB coach. Going forward NU can hire someone as just the recruting guy. Seems like the perfect job to move him into. That would open up three coaching jobs & you could easly slide the TE's under Fischer & hire either a QB coach or mve the job over to the defence.

Bo needs to realize he is not the DC he is the HC. His job is to manage his coaches & hiring friends sometimes ends badly.

If anything of the sort is done to our current staff I will lose all respect for our current athetic director.

Can you please clarify? Are talking about during mid season or the end of the season? If you don't think that Papuchis is simply filling a roster spot and holding a clip board, collecting a free pay check after the decline the past season and a half, I'm not quite sure what to say. eyeswear2allthatsholy

I usally agree with you, but I have always thought this will be the make or break year for Pelini. Now some thing have effected this team. A switch in conferences & some staff turn over. At the end of the season there needs to be some serious change. Pelini needs to cut a few coaches loose. JP was not ready to be a DC & I don't blame him for taking the job, but he needs to go. Its also time to let Cotton go into a office job. It is pretty clear they are keeping him around until his kids finish up & that is just a waste of a coaching job. The other one I would consider is Ross Els. He has done well as the recruiting cordnatoor, but not as a LB coach. Going forward NU can hire someone as just the recruting guy. Seems like the perfect job to move him into. That would open up three coaching jobs & you could easly slide the TE's under Fischer & hire either a QB coach or mve the job over to the defence.

Bo needs to realize he is not the DC he is the HC. His job is to manage his coaches & hiring friends sometimes ends badly.

This right here...Let JP have complete control of the D. It couldn't be any worse then what we have now.

Bo had his chances to bring in coordinators. We're past that stage. He blew it.

Really depends on how you look at it as I believe it has been mentioned before that Zook and Stoops were both offered the Co-DC job and chose other opportunities; Zook, to expand upon the business he does in South Florida, Stoops to coach with his brother.

The popular candidate to be the HC at NU was also offered a Co-OC position with Tim Beck and his offer was pulled.

If that is "blowing it" fine. But the thing people like to believe on this board was the Tim Beck and JP were Bo's only choices. Which is just flat out not the case.

Assuming what you've said his is true (a huge assumption without any kind of source), then yes he blew it.

da skers has also confirmed this.

So, we have more than just me saying this. Won't be enough for some, however on the off-chance that da Skers and I are correct, what do you do differently if you are Bo? Really doesn't appear that the money was an issue here it was those two not wanting to be here.

Offer them full coordinator jobs, none of this co-crap. Pretty obvious.

What a complete disgrace. , it was pretty obvious mid-way through the game that Nebraska needed a jolt on offense,

nope.

they needed a jolt on defense. minnie got too many yards on first down, too much time of possession. giving up 34 points to minnie is a BIG problem.

Can you please clarify? Are talking about during mid season or the end of the season? If you don't think that Papuchis is simply filling a roster spot and holding a clip board, collecting a free pay check after the decline the past season and a half, I'm not quite sure what to say. eyeswear2allthatsholy

If you can't tell that Bo is a respectable guy that cares about his players and don't a lot of good off the field and doesn't deserve to be pulled off a bus, fired, and then left I don't know what to say to you. That is why I'd lose respect for our AD. As many like to say, "This wouldn't be the Nebraska Way."

If you can't tell that Bo is a respectable guy that cares about his players and don't a lot of good off the field and doesn't deserve to be pulled off a bus, fired, and then left I don't know what to say to you. That is why I'd lose respect for our AD. As many like to say, "This wouldn't be the Nebraska Way."

I agree. USC can do it because that is the class they are. I think the perception of Nebraska would really take a dive if they did this. It already got hit by firing a 9-3 coach.

Bo had his chances to bring in coordinators. We're past that stage. He blew it.

Really depends on how you look at it as I believe it has been mentioned before that Zook and Stoops were both offered the Co-DC job and chose other opportunities; Zook, to expand upon the business he does in South Florida, Stoops to coach with his brother.

The popular candidate to be the HC at NU was also offered a Co-OC position with Tim Beck and his offer was pulled.

If that is "blowing it" fine. But the thing people like to believe on this board was the Tim Beck and JP were Bo's only choices. Which is just flat out not the case.

Assuming what you've said his is true (a huge assumption without any kind of source), then yes he blew it.

da skers has also confirmed this.

Confirmed how?