An interesting tidbit from the postgame

NUpolo8

Bo is hitched to Taylor - some weird level of loyalty, that yes, may cost him his job.

And Josh Mitchell, and Thad Randle, and Andrew Rodriguez, and some others who aren't coming to mind right now who keep playing without producing.

HEY! I kinda like Josh MItchell!

I coached against Josh Mitchell at the high school level, lets just say I was surprised that he got a D1 scholarship.

There are a lot of factors in this loss. We don't know how any other QB would do, but they aren't responsible for giving up 34 points to an immobile QB who was running.

It was shocking to see what appeared to be a very slow QB and RB making our defense look even slower. Something was not right on either side of the ball.

You think?

I understand that it's easier to blame the QB for everything. It's easier to pretend that when he graduates or gets demoted, everything will be better. But I have news for you... Martinez did not play well, but he isn't the biggest problem.

I agree with what I think is Accountability's point.......Armstrong and/or Kellogg are keeping the chains moving. That's not happening as we need it with Martinez in there. Why is that? I don't really know. I know when we've needed to put some points on the board, it hasn't happened with a Martinez led offense.

The evidence here is the time of possession, 35:37 in favor of MN. This is exhibit 1 of why I am an Armstrong fan. He can lead us on sustained drives that chew clock, get us points, and keep our defense off the field. From the time we line up to the time we get into the red zone or goal line there is a confidence that is palpable exuding from TA onto the rest of the offense. It even appeared to be giving the defense more swagger.

When I check the box score to decide whether to watch the NW game (before you roast me I'll be out of town all the entire following week), it will be real interesting to see who trots out there next week to lead the team.

I understand that it's easier to blame the QB for everything. It's easier to pretend that when he graduates or gets demoted, everything will be better. But I have news for you... Martinez did not play well, but he isn't the biggest problem.

I agree with what I think is Accountability's point.......Armstrong and/or Kellogg are keeping the chains moving. That's not happening as we need it with Martinez in there. Why is that? I don't really know. I know when we've needed to put some points on the board, it hasn't happened with a Martinez led offense.

The evidence here is the time of possession, 35:37 in favor of MN. This is exhibit 1 of why I am an Armstrong fan. He can lead us on sustained drives that chew clock, get us points, and keep our defense off the field. From the time we line up to the time we get into the red zone or goal line there is a confidence that is palpable exuding from TA onto the rest of the offense. It even appeared to be giving the defense more swagger.

When I check the box score to decide whether to watch the NW game (before you roast me I'll be out of town all the entire following week), it will be real interesting to see who trots out there next week to lead the team.

Illinois won the time of possession.

And Oregon is 105th in the country in time of possession. Yet their defense manages to stop teams from time to time.

And Oregon is 105th in the country in time of possession. Yet their defense manages to stop teams from time to time.

Our defense absolutely needs to get more stops.....get off the field on 3rd downs. Our offense seems to have little problem in getting off the field on 3rd down.

Their defense manages to get stops because they force teams to abandon their game plan because they have to play "catch up" all the time.

Funny how a successful offense actually helps a defense. Oh, I'd also love to see the opponents starting field position on scoring drives with Tommy @ QB vs. Taylor @ QB, just this year. I believe it would be very, very interesting. I imagine all of those 3 and outs don't help the defense much.

Lets not forget how awful of a leader Taylor is - and yes, I don't care what players say to the media, 90% of the time they are lying. Remember last time someone was honest in the media, as a player? Jamal Turner saying Taylor throws a sh**ty ball to catch? If you polled the offense and asked who they'd rather have in that huddle, I'm sure most wouldn't say (this) Taylor Martinez.

• Fire 3

We had a RB averaging 8.7 yards per carry. Yet called 30 passes (not including sacks and scrambles) and 24 runs. Is that Martinez's fault?

could you subtract the run plays that martinez audibled into pass plays from the 30 passes and add them to the 24 runs? once you do that we'll discuss how it's martinez's fault. tia

We had a RB averaging 8.7 yards per carry. Yet called 30 passes (not including sacks and scrambles) and 24 runs. Is that Martinez's fault?

Could be if he was changing the plays at the line.

Our defense absolutely needs to get more stops.....get off the field on 3rd downs. Our offense seems to have little problem in getting off the field on 3rd down.

This.