Things that make you go hmmm...

A lot of things have happened this year that have left us with many :wtf moments. And :D moments

I'll name a few,

- Bo "naming" captains at the start of the season vs. letting the players decide. :huh:

- Pre-season Blackshirts awarded for the first time in Pelini era. :unsure:

- Cotton demoted to TE coach. :thumbs

- Jack Hoffman spring game TD run/wins ESPY for best moment :D :D :D

- The cell phone prank = funny, the harlem shake during practice? :wtf

Feel free to add to the list! This is not meant to be a negative thread but instead a discussion about strange things that have happened in year 6 of the Pelini era that make you wonder about the football program...

What makes me wonder about the football program is...

1. The team isn't winning big games, is losing games to the unranked, and is, on occasion, embarrassed by large margins.

2. We are not recruiting top of the line players.

The other stuff is just window dressing. The top two reasons ARE NOT.

Followed by a quick, sharp decline by the offensive line.

Oh, sweet irony.

The line was better until Long was hurt. That just shows that Cotton didn't recruit enough deph to overcome one freaking injury. Cotton on the payroll in any way shape or form is a complete joke.

Oh, sweet irony.

The line was better until Long was hurt. That just shows that Cotton didn't recruit enough depth to overcome one freaking injury. Cotton on the payroll in any way shape or form is a complete joke.

i think your comment is even sweeter irony. not gonna explain to you why it is and i don't feel anyone else should either. you're gonna need to remove some blinders so you can move forward with this.

A lot of things have happened this year that have left us with many :wtf moments. And :D moments

I'll name a few,

- Bo "naming" captains at the start of the season vs. letting the players decide. :huh:

- Pre-season Pinkshirts awarded for the first time in Pelini era. :unsure:

- Jack Hoffman spring game TD run/wins ESPY for best moment :D :D :D

- The cell phone prank = funny, the harlem shake during practice? :wtf

Feel free to add to the list! This is not meant to be a negative thread but instead a discussion about strange things that have happened in year 6 of the Pelini era that make you wonder about the football program...

To let this bunch pretend to be 'Blackshirts ' is an insult to so many players who really were 'Blackshirts.

Oh, sweet irony.

The line was better until Long was hurt. That just shows that Cotton didn't recruit enough deph to overcome one freaking injury. Cotton on the payroll in any way shape or form is a complete joke.

In what way was the line better? Serious question. Comparing the UCLA game from last year and this year, I'll take the line that had like one bad series over the one that was manhandled most of the game.

I think any perception that our line was any better this year was based off the facts that we didn't play Wisconsin and Ohio State, and for a few games had some QBs with pocket presence. Then there's the whole confirmation bias thing.

I'm wondering how the face to face hit on Martinez was not called in the 3rd quarter (I think). Not sure how you can really miss that one….

Or the five-yards-out-of-bounds tackle on Martinez. How could that not be called? I don't care if the tackle did start slightly in bounds. You can't stick with a tackle that far OB.