The "We're Behind You Bo!" thread

Compelling argument! Heh...even "f u" has lost real meaning. It used to be when I heard that I looked up and got ready to figure out who was getting ready to throw down. Now it's just another anonymous dude, letting us all know he's here to let us here him talk. 'Cause if you don't agree with him, we-llllllll....you can straight go f#*k yourself apparently.

Haha...people are rad.

Its not unnacceptable. Everyones entitled to an opinion. But threats to coaches and malevolent messages to players are a problem, big time. You dont have to like the coach to support the team but it really wouldnt hurt. Oh and if anybody thinks berrating the staff or players is going to solve anytthing then f you too.

Yeah that is where it gets out of line, the threats. I'm all for this staff. I just want them and Bo to be successful so you won't find me chanting for him to be ousted. I might post in threads about future replacements and that is only because it is about something I have no control over whatsoever. I can, however, control my support for the team. If it's a sinking ship as many will say it is, then I'll root for it's captain to right the ship. There's an unconditional kind of love that has been missing from this fan base for quite some time. One way Bo can be appreciated again is by winning. Really, that's all that matters.

Genuinely curious what it will take for the Bo-lievers to jump ship. My first impulse is to be shocked that there are still people supporting Pelini, but then I remember that there was a small segment of the fan base that wanted us to stay with Callahan for a little while longer.

I'll support who ever is in charge of the football team. We're only 5-2 with 5 winnable games. The door is still open to have a good year either 9-4, 10-3, 11-2, whatever it is... we can't ask a coach who finishes with a record like that to step down or beg for his dismissal. So it is ridiculous that many panic at the first sign of trouble instead of supporting the team while they look for ways to win.

I challenge whether Bo can make big decisions moving forward and how the team will respond to this loss. Nothing irritates me more than when people panic/freak out and have no solution(s) to the problem. That's what a majority of our fan base does when we lose. Chalk it up to lack of preparation, lack of leadership, whatever it is... Bo has found ways for his teams to win at least 9 games and it isn't luck. It takes hard work, effort that is all I expect out of this football team. If they can just push a little harder, great things can happen. Indy is still there, but they've got to take it and run with it. It starts with NW.

I'll support who ever is in charge of the football team. We're only 5-2 with 5 winnable games. The door is still open to have a good year either 9-4, 10-3, 11-2, whatever it is... we can't ask a coach who finishes with a record like that to step down or beg for his dismissal. So it is ridiculous that many panic at the first sign of trouble instead of supporting the team while they look for ways to win.

I challenge whether Bo can make big decisions moving forward and how the team will respond to this loss. Nothing irritates me more than when people panic/freak out and have no solution(s) to the problem. That's what a majority of our fan base does when we lose. Chalk it up to lack of preparation, lack of leadership, whatever it is... Bo has found ways for his teams to win at least 9 games and it isn't luck. It takes hard work, effort that is all I expect out of this football team. If they can just push a little harder, great things can happen. Indy is still there, but they've got to take it and run with it. It starts with NW.

Eh. Worst thing that can happen for us is that Bo manages to cobble together a respectable season.

Bo does not have what it takes to succeed as a head football coach in this program. It doesn't matter what happens to the rest of the season. The man is a stubborn, arrogant, obnoxious, enraged person who detests the media, the fans, and the administration. He cannot inspire young men. He recruits precious little talent to Nebraska and chases most of it away. He throws his players under the bus with his talk of "execution, execution, execution."

It could not be more obvious that there are fundamental, irreconcilable problems with his coaching. The absolute worst thing that can happen is him winning 9 games and getting another year to cause more havoc. Fortunately, I don't think he will be able to avoid the disaster that this season is becoming.

I am not familiar with the threats that some are saying has occurred and I would be willing to bet that none of those came from the regular posters here on HB. While there are those of you who think it's easy for a lot of us to say "the time has come for Bo to move on" it's quite the contrary! We have been supporting Bo all along and will always support the kids and their efforts (good or bad)! The point of no return has manifested itself not just because we lost, but because once again, the underlying issues that has caused the (lack a preparedness, lack of effort, lack of knowledge and lack of leadership) to raise its ugly head once again was prevalent in the Minn game!

All of us who hate to think we have to go through another coaching change understand that Bo wants to WIN. Want does not get it done! We all know the kids want to WIN! Want does not get it done! The kids have to have leadership on and off the field, direction, understanding and mentoring that obviously they are not getting! Is it our coordinators that are clueless? Maybe or should I say most likely, but if that is so, that is on BO! He obviously see’s what we fans see right? If he is confused he can surely watch films of those teams who are doing it right and make an educated guess that they look much better than we have in all facets of the game. Hell, we can't even substitute players properly! Really?

Look, I like Bo, I know others on this board also have been supportive of Bo and wish this situation was not happening! By his own decisions he has built up the issues that he is faced with today! Can he resurrect his popularity with the majority of the Husker faithful? Not sure unless he is ready to accept the fact that he needs help (real help) running the show, and that would be through hiring competent coordinators.

Has the clock already passed his hour of fate? I say yes because BO has an ego that goes along with his stubborn pride and his "PROCESS" cannot and will not be challenged. I suspect this is why he has those he has in coordinator positions. No real DC or OC would accept BO's process as gospel because they have been around long enough to see what works and what doesn't in CFB. Some are better than others but most are better than ours! Maybe it's a testament to Bo that we have won the games we have with so little wisdom in the cupboard!

Its not unnacceptable. Everyones entitled to an opinion. But threats to coaches and malevolent messages to players are a problem, big time. You dont have to like the coach to support the team but it really wouldnt hurt. Oh and if anybody thinks berrating the staff or players is going to solve anytthing then f you too.

Threats to coaches and malevolent messages to players are not acceptable. That is not what I was referring to at all. But there are some people who have the attitude that if a person no longer supports Bo to continue being our HC, that somehow also means they don't support the team/program. That is bullsh#t and those are the people my f u message was intended for. I may disagree with those who may still think Bo is the best guy for the job but I'm not going to claim that means they are wishing the worst for our team. I only want the same consideration for what I feel is in the programs best interest.

It's over. Colorado 2001 was like a cataclysmic disaster of sorts in terms of how we spoke about it and the lasting tremors it sent through our program. I can remember people talking about that game like the final whistle had just blown six, seven years after the fact.

Well, last year we got the KSU Matt Turman Playbook thrown at us in the CCG on national television and we literally got beaten like we were a kids Pee Wee team who'd just met up with 100 coked up Lawrence Phillips clones on a gravel road in Calcutta. The term "ugly" doesn't even begin to touch on how badly we got embarrassed.

Colorado 2001 was a pretty damn solid CFB team. Won the conference title. In place of more traditional markings, the Buffaloes had the final score from that grim day in Boulder etched onto their rings.

Wisconsin won that game and the conference mantle and rapidly went ahead wrapping up an 8-6 season that saw their head coach depart for (supposedly) greener pastures. There were no specialized rings. In NE, a lot of shrugs stood in place of anger, frustration, all those laments that a stunned fanbase often displays.

Because none of us were stunned. In almost all of us, some part of our mind muttered "Pfff. Of COURSE."

That is the state of NU football. An epic dismantling of almost historical proportions is just kinda...murmured over.

Bo Pelini is not the man for the job of making Nebraska football a program that demands an annual spot in the perennial "who can win it all" discussion. I have finally lost the ability to see glints of silver buried on slabs of slag. It's an ugly gray mound, and that's all it'll ever be under Bo Pelini's bumbling attempts at leadership.

I wish the man the very best. Somewhere else. Go Broncos.

Aw hell...and Go Big Red.

Had to ruin a perfectly beautiful post...

Sorry. I cant partake in this. The program yes. Bo? No. I've seen enough. There has to be a total sh#tstorm of drastic changes in the next frickin week for me to even get a speck of hope for the remainder of the season. It's a lost hope as far as I'm concerned.

Drastic change as in W's the rest of the year? That about fill your appetite? If you're thinking coaching changes, that's not going to happen. Personnel? I can definitely see that becoming a possibility soon.

I have nothing against Bo. I like Bo. I want him, and our entire program to succeed. However, theres a point when you have to cut your loses. I would like to hear what the players think.

If you want to hear players opinions, just f***n Google it. You'll get past and present! They aren't hard to find, hell they are on this board. If you are basing your opinion of Bo on players opinions, I'll save you the internet search: he is the guy....

My first choice would be to see him go completely hands off regarding defense and bring in experienced off and def coords from outside the program. I'd like to see how that goes before firing him. If I had my way, that would be my stipulation for retaining him as head coach here. I hope he's given that choice and does so, but I think after the Minn game he's probably done at the end of the season. But we'll see.