5 Painful Reasons Why Bo Needs to Step Down . . .

And hire which of the coaches banging on Eichorsts door BEGGING to be the guy at Nebraska?

I'm sure a lot of coaches would want to coach at a place with top notch facilities, a stadium that sits 90,000+ every game, a proud fan base, a team in a BCS conference, a huge support system, and a team with a lot of talent. This is Nebraska not Kansas, this place is still desirable

Maybe Jim Grobe or Houston Nutt (Only coaches interested the last two searches). Not any top notch coaches.

Maybe no top notch coaches at top programs, but let's stop pretending Nebraska is that undesirable. There's bound to be some solid head coaches that would be interested in coming here.

• Fire 1

Apparently people forget what Urban Meyer told us when we asked him to be our head coach. He basically told us to f#*k off....and this was when he was at Utah looking to move up.

BUT WE'RE STILL A TOP PROGRAM! WE CAN PROBABLY GET BILL BELICHEK TO COME HERE. SABAN IS LOOKING TO LEAVE ALABAMA RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

It's hard to write this because we all wanted Bo to succeed. However, I am giving five reasons why Bo needs to go:

1. Rats, rats, rats. Bo never gave a rat’s backside about Nebraska fans. For reasons unconscionably unexplainable, Bo put himself at odds with the fan base from day-one on the job. For a guy who portends to be nails-between-teeth tough, he was surprisingly fragile when it came to criticism.

2. Mike Tyson. He is like Mike Tyson. He can only win if everything is going his way. The moment an obstacle is presented, he can’t take it. The odd thing about yesterday was that it was one of the extremely rare times that we lost by only a small amount. Bo’s teams usually collapse completely and lose by 3 touchdowns.

3. Lady Ga Ga. Why in the world has Bo gone absolutely Ga Ga over Martinez for the last 3 years? Football is not advanced physics. When 7-year-old kids can clearly see that Martinez needs to sit, but you don’t, it’s time to go.

4. De-Chain-link-fense. When Bo first arrived we were all fatigued from Bill Callahan’s “You-Need-A-Master’s-Degree-From-Harvard” to execute my game plans mentality. Bo stepped up to the mike and essentially said, “Football’s not complicated. See your man, hit him, knock him down.” Then Bo went right out and adopted BC’s MIT play book. If the players would just properly execute the plays, we’d be fine. If a play book is so sophisticated that it takes 5 years to learn, maybe, just maybe, it’s too complicated.

5. Carley Simon. “It’s too late, baby, oh it’s too late.” Al Davis used to say, “Just win, baby.” I say to Bo, “Just pack, baby.” Under you, I have lost almost every ounce of my desire for Nebraska football. I have missed several games this year, simply because I don’t care anymore. Oh, I want to care, but it’s hard to care when your coach couldn’t care less about the fan base. For those who love Bo, what is it about his coaching that you love? He has no game plan. We have pathetically weak defenses. We have incredibly unskilled coaches in important positions. When a QB is blowing chunks. he never thinks twice about putting a backup in. Halftime adjustments have never existed for us. And the only time we had a good season under him, the following season he benched the senior quarterback in place of an unproven defensive back. From a coaching standpoint, there is nothing that this man brings to the table. Nothing.

Remember during the BC era when we’d long for Bo? We all thought it was a pipe dream. When he showed up one day, it was almost too hard to believe. We had actually hired Bo Pelini to be our coach. It was like marrying the girl that you had thought was out of your league. It really does pain me to see that Bo never became half the coach that we had oh-so wanted him to be. Yes, he runs a clean program and we have good graduation rates. He deserves credit for that. But we all know that really doesn’t mean much if your team is terrible. The main reason for which Bo was hired has never come to fruition. Not even close. It's time for Bo to go. We’d all be better for it. Breaking up always hurts for a short time, but, in the long run, it always ends up for the better. We need to put sentimentalism aside and just make the hard decision. Let him go.

Is that why we didn't come back to win in any games last year?

Apparently people forget what Urban Meyer told us when we asked him to be our head coach. He basically told us to f#*k off....and this was when he was at Utah looking to move up.

Yep, and for some reason people think firing ANOTHER 10 win season HC, who has a better winning record and has won his division more will be any different. Eichorst hasn't proven enough for me to even THINK that we could land a decent, winning, big name coach. We wouldn't even be able to get Lane Kiffin if we wanted and he is unemployed LOL.

1. Very Promising talent. But, for example, just take a look at a few players we currently have, or are gone. Such as Jason Ankrah, Chase Rome, Corey Cooper, Charles Jackson, Todd Peat, Jr., etc. All these players were high ceiling potential players that never (some still have time) fully developed, so I guess my question for you is, what makes you think that these freshman that are currently in the system are going to develop more efficiently than those who are about out, or have gone through the system already?

2. I do agree with you here to a certain extent, but that is mainly because I do not know who would be our interim head coach. Recruiting would still take a hit if we fired him at the end of the year, so we shouldn't worry about that, and we have enough talent on our team to get at least one more win to become bowl eligible with Bo or not.

3. No complaints here. 100% agree with you. Very satisfied with keeping the ship clean.

4. That is the problem. It is our COACHES duty to make sure the players are prepared physically and mentally for ANY team. Whether it be the children of the blind or goliath. Our players must be prepared to take on the world. For them to look over a 5-2 Minnesota team is 100% the coaches fault. How you can say that is a reason Bo should stay is beyond me.

5. Loyal? Bo has tried reaching out to multiple programs (Whether you want to believe that or not, I don't care). I hate to turn into a "revolving door program" as well but, how can you tell me this is the coach that you want to have on our sidelines? I have supported Bo since day one, but I can't take this anymore. We are beginning to set our tents up in oblivion, and it is time for a change.

Let me try this, since it seems to be the "in" thing right now...

1. Those kids you named, didn't have many starts, and we never really got to see them on the field, and simply, we have seen the talent of these Freshman. Bando, Gerry, Valentine, Afalava, McMullen, Moss and Rose have shown a ton of promise. Sure they make mistakes, but they are FRESHMAN and still learning a system that is not as complicated as many think it is.

2. We can Bo, we take a hit on recruiting like you stated, regardless of when we do it. Only chance I don't see this happening, is if we hire a big name coach.

3. Ditto, but its not as clean as you think it is. Every, and I mean EVERY program has things going on behind closed doors, and head coaches have no idea its happening.

4. This is something I agree, to an extent. Bo should put his big boy pants on, and when he felt it was time for TM to be pulled, he should have given Beck no choice, because HE is Head Coach. Not pulling Martinez is Beck's fault, just as much as Bo's. Call for Bo's head on this, you need to call for Beck's. True to the Red pointed out an ESPN article where TM even thought Armstrong was going to get meaningful snaps, and Bo was ok with that, but Beck didn't want it to happen, because the game was too competitive. If Beck is too damn blind to see that Martinez isn't performing and we have TWO capable QB's behind him, who can win, this guy is too blind to rely on, IMO.

5. You can sit here and say Bo tried to reach out, but you can't prove it to be right or wrong. This is a complete rumor on both ends and to try and make this a valid point, is just a complete opinion, not a fact. IMO, if Bo isn't willing to put on his big boy pants, make assistant changes that are drastically needed, then he needs to go. Bo needs to be a HEAD COACH and let his assistants do what they are hired for, if they don't know, get someone who does. This is why Saban is so successful. He has GREAT assistants next to him. Same goes for Les Miles.

Change is needed, I think this is something we can all agree on.

Very excited about those players, don't get me wrong, the development of the past players scare me though, which lead me to be worried about the current players. One would think that Bo would have more of a say who plays instead of his Offensive Coordinator (Not a big fan of Beck either). I won't speak on the reaching out to other programs because like you said, it is beating a dead horse. Just my thoughts.

I'm not worried about the concept that coaches will be scared to coach here if 9 wins gets you fired. I want a guy who will look at that setup and says, "Bring it on."

Pete Carroll was USC's 4th choice. Before his hiring, everyone thought he totally sucked as a coach. After he was hired, everybody in Southern California derided USC's AD for making such a stupid hire. Maybe we need to forget about prima donnas, young sure-fire coaches, and anything else that everybody seems to love, and simply hire an old coach who knows his way around a clip board and a field.

Greg Schiano

Schiano, as the head coach of Rutgers University, where he served 11 years, transforming the Scarlet Knights from an unknown into a consistently competitive, winning and respected program.

Prior to heading up the Rutgers program, Schiano served two seasons (1999-00) as defensive coordinator with the Miami Hurricanes.

Schiano served three seasons in the NFL as a defensive assistant (1996-97) and later defensive backfield coach for the Chicago Bears (1998) and also spent six seasons under the late Joe Paterno at Penn State as a graduate assistant (1990) and defensive backfield coach (1991-95).

Schiano -is a 1988 graduate of Bucknell University, where he was a three-year letterman at linebacker.

The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif

His players absolutely HATE him in Tampa!

Urban Meyer is a P.O.S. anyways.

What does this have to do with anything? He was a young coach in a small conference looking to move up and wouldn't even give us the time of day. Said he wouldn't go anywhere near a program that fires a coach for only winning nine games.

Different circumstances. When Urban was approached we just fired a 9 win coach. Our AD at the time was an absolute clueless jackass and a guy like Urban Meyer could probably decipher this fact. Why would anyone come into a program that was clearly being run by a buffoon?

Money talks...... We have been a tight A$$ as far as hiring coaches. Dr. Tom thought Bo was an expensive hire! I remember he whined about it. Spend the money like Ohio State did.

Different circumstances. When Urban was approached we just fired a 9 win coach. Our AD at the time was an absolute clueless jackass and a guy like Urban Meyer could probably decipher this fact. Why would anyone come into a program that was clearly being run by a buffoon?

True, doesn't take away from the fact I can't stand Urban Meyer.

5 reasons to keep him

1- Promising talent on defense for the next 3 years playing as freshmen

2- Tenure....also its fricking October. Fire him now and we miss a bowl.

3 - He runs a clean ship. No worry about sanctions. Cant price that out.

4- Minnesota is actually a pretty decent team, players just didnt know that.

5- I really dont want to turn into a revolving door program. Bo seems pretty loyal.

+1

5 reasons to keep him

1- Promising talent on defense for the next 3 years playing as freshmen

2- Tenure....also its fricking October. Fire him now and we miss a bowl.

3 - He runs a clean ship. No worry about sanctions. Cant price that out.

4- Minnesota is actually a pretty decent team, players just didnt know that.

5- I really dont want to turn into a revolving door program. Bo seems pretty loyal.

#5 - Bo is not happy here and has gone after several jobs while HC at NU.

Please, where is your proof he has gone after several jobs... I keep hearing this from people, but NO ONE has validated this, besides "This is what I have heard". Please, educate me with some evidence.