Per Press Conference with Bo: As of today, Tommy is starting

My ties to the program say that Taylor admitted to still being hurt saying he was at 80% and they played him. They also say that he didn't play awful in any regard and that the coordinators playcalling was the biggest problem. Also they say that he played smart football in not giving up a turnover until that last pass when they say he didn't care any longer. Lastly, they say the option run they ran was effective and Taylor ran it well.

I guess that is why Beck has had numerous chats with him about the frequency of his audibles OUT OF RUN PLAYS into passing plays. What do your ties to the program say about Taylor telling them that he felt good and was ready to go?

Nice try though. Tool.

Taylor apologists claiming we would have been no better off with RKIII or TA in there because of the crappy line play need to SHUT UP. That's the same line we've trotted out there the majority of the last 3 games, and it did just fine in them. With RKIII and TA under center.

Taylor, especially with multiple injuries, has the pocket presence of a lawn gnome. He's not going to go anywhere, and he's just going to give you that creepy stare when blitzed until he tucks and is thrown to the ground.

Also, I suppose if Bo believed Taylor when he asked him if he was good to go, and Taylor lied, that's one thing. If he looked good in practice all week, fine. I could see buying it. But reports are we had a crap week in practice, and if Enunwa spoke up about it to Beck, it should've been very obvious.

And failing to bench him when it was obvious the offense was a trainwreck Saturday falls under the category of "failing to adjust," a hallmark of Pelini teams. Why did we not do anything when the offense was clearly sputtering? It's not like your starter is set in stone. SO frustrated with this crap.

We didn't have crappy line play in the past 3 games, with the exception of Purdue, but to their credit they blitzed every down. But we have in the past called out the crappy offensive line when Cotton was coaching them, not Garrison.

I wish some of you guys would go watch the tape and tell me what quarterback we have on the roster would've done any better with that same play calling and sh#t ass line play. Not one. Hell, if it weren't for Martinez's long run we probably wouldn't have scored again.

This is a good point. That line was a sieve all game, and Taylor made several scrambles that saved sacks.

But those were on passing plays. On run plays we repeatedly gashed that team. So why the hell didn't we run the ball more?

Not to mention, would the offense have more success passing if the Minnesota defense had to respect Tommy's running ability?

Just even the legitimate threat of a running QB opens up a lot of possibilities. After the second series, Minnesota knew we had no such threat.

• Fire 1

My ties to the program say that Taylor admitted to still being hurt saying he was at 80% and they played him. They also say that he didn't play awful in any regard and that the coordinators playcalling was the biggest problem. Also they say that he played smart football in not giving up a turnover until that last pass when they say he didn't care any longer. Lastly, they say the option run they ran was effective and Taylor ran it well.

I guess that is why Beck has had numerous chats with him about the frequency of his audibles OUT OF RUN PLAYS into passing plays. What do your ties to the program say about Taylor telling them that he felt good and was ready to go?

Nice try though. Tool.

Man this is something I was talking about before he went on leave. Then there it was again Sat. What the heck?

Not to mention, would the offense have more success passing if the Minnesota defense had to respect Tommy's running ability?

Just even the legitimate threat of a running QB opens up a lot of possibilities. After the second series, Minnesota knew we had no such threat.

Yes yes yes. This isn't discussed enough. Taylor's success was built on this. Without it, he is a below average QB. The ability to go 70 yards in the blink of an eye changes the entire defensive strategy.