Per Press Conference with Bo: As of today, Tommy is starting

Since when are these decisions on whether to injured players based on verbal statements? The coaches watch Taylor practice. Did he look 100% in running and throwing in practices later in the week? Clearly not since he wasn't 100% Saturday.

Dude, they clearly knew he wasn't ever going to be 100%. As an outsider with ties to the program, I was told he wouldn't be 100% at any point this season. He'd be lucky to get to 90% (Chaddyboxer and I talked about this in a PM.) The thinking was, if Taylor looks about 85-90%, that they'd go with him in hopes that they could knock off the rust and get him up to 90% for Mich. Obviously, Taylor told Bo (repeatedly) that he was good to go. I think it is safe to assume, that you should be able to trust a 5th year senior in his evaluation of his health. "Yeah Bo, I'm good to go." or "No, I'm still not ready. I think the team is best off without me." Also, this is pure conjecture, but I think Taylor thought he was losing the team with the way RK3 and TA were playing.

• Fire 2

Uh, I'm not sure how this is Bo's fault.

Taylor "apparently" told Bo he was good to go. Taylor lied in numerous conversations with Bo stating that he was healthy enough to play.

That said, at a certain point it was pretty obvious Bo should've pulled Taylor.

So do you think that Bo and his staff either 1) don't pay attention at practice or 2) are too incompetent to see when a player is hurt in practice?

3) Taylor in practice is a lot different than in game Taylor. Can't be hit in practice. They slowly bring him up to speed. Maybe some days he is better than others? I know some days his ankles feel fine and others they feel like he is being stung every time he takes a step and plants.

Contrary to what you believe, it isn't all about failures on the head coach. Players have failures as well. My issue is, a 5th year senior shouldn't have the failures of a RSFr.

Your sources tell you that?

The same sources that said the coaches are too incompetent to see Taylor was hurt when they could.

Uh, I'm not sure how this is Bo's fault.

Taylor "apparently" told Bo he was good to go. Taylor lied in numerous conversations with Bo stating that he was healthy enough to play.

That said, at a certain point it was pretty obvious Bo should've pulled Taylor.

So do you think that Bo and his staff either 1) don't pay attention at practice or 2) are too incompetent to see when a player is hurt in practice?

3) Taylor in practice is a lot different than in game Taylor. Can't be hit in practice. They slowly bring him up to speed. Maybe some days he is better than others? I know some days his ankles feel fine and others they feel like he is being stung every time he takes a step and plants.

Contrary to what you believe, it isn't all about failures on the head coach. Players have failures as well. My issue is, a 5th year senior shouldn't have the failures of a RSFr.

Your sources tell you that?

Tell me what?

About his ankles? (Yup)

Or that its possible Taylor looked decent and practice and his toes/ankles started acting up and didn't react well and he didn't tell anyone? (Nope, just a VERY possible situation given who Taylor is. It is also possible the staff just threw him out there. But considering Bo said Taylor told him he was fine... I'm leaning towards us not getting the whole story.)

Since when are these decisions on whether to injured players based on verbal statements? The coaches watch Taylor practice. Did he look 100% in running and throwing in practices later in the week? Clearly not since he wasn't 100% Saturday.

Dude, they clearly knew he wasn't ever going to be 100%. As an outsider with ties to the program, I was told he wouldn't be 100% at any point this season. He'd be lucky to get to 90% (Chaddyboxer and I talked about this in a PM.) The thinking was, if Taylor looks about 85-90%, that they'd go with him in hopes that they could knock off the rust and get him up to 90% for Mich. Obviously, Taylor told Bo (repeatedly) that he was good to go. I think it is safe to assume, that you should be able to trust a 5th year senior in his evaluation of his health. "Yeah Bo, I'm good to go." or "No, I'm still not ready. I think the team is best off without me." Also, this is pure conjecture, but I think Taylor thought he was losing the team with the way RK3 and TA were playing.

It also might be something where Taylor can make the plays look good in practice. In practice, the plays don't become as altered as they do in the game. There isn't the surprise element of the defense, and I doubt he was ever forced into situations like that in practice, where you'd really be able to see those injuries show their teeth.

Love ya Bo but sorry man!

You sir are responsible for teaching these kids what to look for (reads)! If they can't, you recruited them why?

You sir are responsible for selecting the starters and those who play on game day regardless of how they say how they feel?

You have eyes, make decisions on the fly.

You sir are responsible for your coaching staff and how they coach or what they are calling on the sidelines!

You sir keep saying we need to stay the course. At what point will you recognize that what you are doing is not working thus you need to adjust your course!

You sir as you stated can only control what you can control. Then control it.

You sir are responsible to teach these kids how to execute! (7 games in this year) and numerous years prior and the level of execution is no better!

Sorry guys, I did not hear anything today that made my bell and whistles go off.

I can't hold Bo accountable for things he obviously just doesn’t get.

He has brought us to the highest point of performance he knows how to obtain! We are as good as Bo can get us! He’s lost!

(This is not on the kids that play for us, they are trusting in Bo/coaches and their wisdom)

Lots of stuff coming out of that presser. Some more good bits:

@mitchsherman

Bo: "You're going to see some new guys" against Northwestern this week. Mentions Rose, Banderas.

@mitchsherman

If Nebraska played today, Armstrong would start at QB.

@HailVarsity

Pelini says if #Huskers played today Armstrong would start, Kellogg filling in. Martinez suffered hip pointer, didn't practice Sun.

I hope Thad Randle starts. We need him badly.

45021-will-ferrell-kristen-wiig-you-yd3a.gif

I like it. Thad Randle for Heisman

My ties to the program say that Taylor admitted to still being hurt saying he was at 80% and they played him. They also say that he didn't play awful in any regard and that the coordinators playcalling was the biggest problem. Also they say that he played smart football in not giving up a turnover until that last pass when they say he didn't care any longer. Lastly, they say the option run they ran was effective and Taylor ran it well.

Then again, what is the difference between this and post UCLA?

There's a lot of things different about losing to UCLA who many people thought we would and losing to Minnesota who very few thought we would. It's about like asking what the difference is between losing to Ohio State and South Dakota State.

I meant with regard to the statements he's making, things just sound similar.

I'd probably say you should panic a lot more after losing to Minnesota than UCLA, and that getting pushed around by Minnesota says a lot about the personnel on the field. Personally, I'll be asking for SOMEONES head if Charles Jackson isn't on the field next week.

Speaking of Charles, there is a rumor that he is moving back to CB (not Council Bluffs)

I think we are gonna see new guys on the defensive line. At least that is where we need to see new guys play. I have seen lots of rotation at the LB spots all year. So I don't see how bringing new guys to the LB spots will be any different from the start of the year.

My ties to the program say that Taylor admitted to still being hurt saying he was at 80% and they played him. They also say that he didn't play awful in any regard and that the coordinators playcalling was the biggest problem. Also they say that he played smart football in not giving up a turnover until that last pass when they say he didn't care any longer. Lastly, they say the option run they ran was effective and Taylor ran it well.

I am glad we have a qb who doesn't care if he throws a pic at the end of the game...maybe he should not give up so easy, watching the Lions yesterday shows anything is possible.

Taylor apologists claiming we would have been no better off with RKIII or TA in there because of the crappy line play need to SHUT UP. That's the same line we've trotted out there the majority of the last 3 games, and it did just fine in them. With RKIII and TA under center.

Taylor, especially with multiple injuries, has the pocket presence of a lawn gnome. He's not going to go anywhere, and he's just going to give you that creepy stare when blitzed until he tucks and is thrown to the ground.

Also, I suppose if Bo believed Taylor when he asked him if he was good to go, and Taylor lied, that's one thing. If he looked good in practice all week, fine. I could see buying it. But reports are we had a crap week in practice, and if Enunwa spoke up about it to Beck, it should've been very obvious.

And failing to bench him when it was obvious the offense was a trainwreck Saturday falls under the category of "failing to adjust," a hallmark of Pelini teams. Why did we not do anything when the offense was clearly sputtering? It's not like your starter is set in stone. SO frustrated with this crap.

• Fire 1

Why do we wait until we fall flat on our face to make changes. Don't these guys watch practice?

I actually think Bo puts too much stock in practice reps. That's great that Thad knows what to do against the scout team on every defensive call, but we need someone that can actually control the LOS against guys that can play during games.

He gets away with these personnel decisions against the weak teams, but when the competition increases they get exposed.