Certain fans are getting exactly what they wanted...

The poor play is on the coaches, the attitude is being coached out of them, just like it has been coached out of Bo Pelini. This PC don't yell, don't celebrate, don't do anything but be a robot and play football bs atmosphere that is being fostered through administrations and the NCAA has taken the passion out of the game. The most telling quote for me came from this article last week. In this article. http://www.omaha.com...SKERS/131029000,

"Jean-Baptiste celebrated by flexing his muscles, first toward the Purdue bench and then back toward the field.

“We don’t need that,” Joseph said at the Big Red Breakfast. “The hit was part of football, but taunting is not what we’re about on defense. He does enough with physical play that we don’t need that. So that’s what I was disappointed in.”

What!!!!!????? Could you imagine the 90's without the Peters bros. and Wistrom throwing the bones? You look for a big play to change the tone of the game, to get players motivated, to bring the fire, then you criticize and penalize them for celebrating it? Then you wonder why the sidelines are dead, why the players play flat... that's what they are being coached to do. Approach the game businesslike, take all emotion out.

Just like what we've done to our coach... and now you (by you, I mean all fans complaining about this, not one in particular) cry because the team reflects that "new Bo" attitude. Guess what? You got what you asked for, thanks fans, thanks espn and your camera constantly waiting for any show of emotion from our coach, and thank you Perlman. You've all neutered our coach and in doing so, our team as well.

Quit crying, this is what you wanted.

• Fire 2

Quite possibly the strangest thing I've seen our current problems blamed on. Wow. Whatever happened to acting like you been there, done that before. You wanna flex your muscles while squeeking by Wyoming, losing to UCLA or Minnesota...........how about they do something, accomplish something, before they go acting like they're all that. I'm glad the coaches try to keep that to a minimum.

Now if they want to elevate their game to the level of the Peters or Wistrom, I can handle it all day long. The problem may very well be those 3rd grade "winner" participation ribbons they received when in reality they finished towards the back of a 60 person pack of people but don't go spouting that fans are getting what they want. BS. People would be more than willing to put up with Bo's antics if he were fielding prepared teams and doing anything more than occasionally beating a lesser team.

The poor play is on the coaches, the attitude is being coached out of them, just like it has been coached out of Bo Pelini. This PC don't yell, don't celebrate, don't do anything but be a robot and play football bs atmosphere that is being fostered through administrations and the NCAA has taken the passion out of the game. The most telling quote for me came from this article last week. In this article. http://www.omaha.com...SKERS/131029000,

"Jean-Baptiste celebrated by flexing his muscles, first toward the Purdue bench and then back toward the field.

“We don’t need that,” Joseph said at the Big Red Breakfast. “The hit was part of football, but taunting is not what we’re about on defense. He does enough with physical play that we don’t need that. So that’s what I was disappointed in.”

What!!!!!????? Could you imagine the 90's without the Peters bros. and Wistrom throwing the bones? You look for a big play to change the tone of the game, to get players motivated, to bring the fire, then you criticize and penalize them for celebrating it? Then you wonder why the sidelines are dead, why the players play flat... that's what they are being coached to do. Approach the game businesslike, take all emotion out.

Just like what we've done to our coach... and now you (by you, I mean all fans complaining about this, not one in particular) cry because the team reflects that "new Bo" attitude. Guess what? You got what you asked for, thanks fans, thanks espn and your camera constantly waiting for any show of emotion from our coach, and thank you Perlman. You've all neutered our coach and in doing so, our team as well.

Quit crying, this is what you wanted.

conup.gif