Tunnel Walk of Shame Speaks Out

Landlord

The WWE video editing staff could make Funaki vs Scotty 2 Hotty look like Macho Man vs Steamboat.

Those of you who get that reference likely now know my first love as it pertains to sports.

TOp notch video team, hell yes bring em on.

please stop complitmenting kevin dunn

signed

every wrestling fan ever.

LOL

It's buried in the Stadium Expansion thread, but Accountability broke the news on this:

Had the associate AD on sports nightly last night and did in fact state that now that the east stadium expansion is all but complete, they are beginning research on the new acoustics for an upgraded sound system. Said it's been in the works for a while, but with the dramatic change in structure, they really had no choice but to wait until it was completed. I think he said to expect an announcement following this season?

In other news-there is a god.

It's buried in the Stadium Expansion thread, but Accountability broke the news on this:

Had the associate AD on sports nightly last night and did in fact state that now that the east stadium expansion is all but complete, they are beginning research on the new acoustics for an upgraded sound system. Said it's been in the works for a while, but with the dramatic change in structure, they really had no choice but to wait until it was completed. I think he said to expect an announcement following this season?

In other news-there is a god.

Knapp. You shoud pin my quote to the top of the homepage, and then offer up a perma-ban to anyone who questions the sound system.

I don't think the Husker brand is something that needs fixed. The brand is fine, and when it is at its best (aka. spring game Jack Hoffman run, winning the ESPY), it is something that really is amazing. The in-game experience can be spiced up for sure. We definitely need something between third and fourth quarters to get the stadium and the team hyped up to finish the game.

The brand has not attracted a good recruiting class for how many years now? It gets changed and brought up to the future or it can stay in the past with the trophies gathering dust. Better figure out a new way to attract top tier kids to Lincoln, it has not been working.

History and tradition mean very little to todays kids. If it did, Oregon, Stanford, Northwestern, Louisville, Texas Tech, Baylor wouldn't be getting the kids they do. They would want that great tradition.

As much as I hate to admit it. Nebraska needs to change, to acquire the kids. Oregon does it with flash, a quick paced offense. Louisville somewhat the same. Our recruiting seems to be heavy in the late year, when the weather, and the beauty of Lincoln are not at their prime. Bring kids in early in the football season. Make that time frame the priority time, might help.

Maybe we need to change some things. Of all the major schools that you think of when thinking blue blood, we seem to have fallen the farthest. Get the kids/students more involved. If we need to have a black our or white out, then the staff and the AD need to support it. Excitement with youth travels very quickly.

I am an old geezer, have followed the traditions and said no to everything. But this ship needs turning, and it has to be what the kids want, what they want to be part of.